Photo

Adding menu animation in OpenPLi 7.2.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 amir_931

• 8 posts

Neutral

Posted 4 January 2020 - 14:21

Hi,please add two options(plugins)to the image in Open PLi 7.2(Vu plus).The plugins are Chromium OS,and Animation setup.Other images have this plugins,but you don't have these plugins.Why??????

Re: Adding menu animation in OpenPLi 7.2. #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 4 January 2020 - 14:23

No clue what animation setup is, but if that is related to animation in menus, we don't have that.

Chromium OS isn't included because VU+ has decided not to, it is disabled in the BSP. I recently checked it, and it crashes, so it is disabled for a reason, and VU+ needs to fix that.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Adding menu animation in OpenPLi 7.2. #3 amir_931

• 8 posts

Neutral

Posted 4 January 2020 - 14:46

Chromium OS is present and active on all Vuplus images, but on PLi images
It's not that, and the setup animation or slideshow of the image menus is beautiful.

Re: Adding menu animation in OpenPLi 7.2. #4 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 4 January 2020 - 14:48

Then you are one of the few that like menu animation. I know several users who tested it and after a few minutes or days they disabled it again.

Edited by betacentauri, 4 January 2020 - 14:48.

Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: Adding menu animation in OpenPLi 7.2. #5 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 4 January 2020 - 14:49

Complain to VU+, they make our BSP.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Adding menu animation in OpenPLi 7.2. #6 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,414 posts

+61
Good

Posted 4 January 2020 - 15:02

Can a moderator move the posts not relevant to Turbo tuner to its own thread please?

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.

Re: Adding menu animation in OpenPLi 7.2. #7 yortiz1979

• 18 posts

Neutral

Posted 7 January 2020 - 01:44

Hi Guys,

just asking if you had any advance on this issue? if you need my help testing anything please feel free to ask, that is as much as i can help i guess  ;)

Re: Adding menu animation in OpenPLi 7.2. #8 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 7 January 2020 - 10:56

Animation setup shows/enables that menu's are moved/zoomed etc. onto the screen. We did years ago decide not to include this code in c++ because it is making you nervous. Especially when you use our default PIG skin. It was orriginally invented by Dream MultiMedia since the Broadcom chips has some special stuff inside to so some animation quickly on the OSD. And later it was adopted to other boxes that approx. use the same Broadcom chips as DMM does,

You also see other images change the default to disabled.

It needs code changed in c++ so when a new screen is build an animation is shown. 

In addition GigaBlue invented a different interface with procs for the animations (with also more possibilities) So you also have an if GB then do something else within the c++ code that was accepted by OE-A. 

When we include animationsetup, for those who like nervous screens, at this moment it will be a relative lot of work. I did not check it but I'm not fully aware of the VIX (the most closest to OpenPLi OE-A image as this is a fork from openPLi while OpenATV is a fork of a fork) might be the best code to verify the changes if at least the c++ might still work. And then in addition when we adapt it the if GB than do something else should be 'solved'.

I'm afraid at this moment no dev from OpenPLi is interrested in implementing this feature. So it should come with help from 3rd party friends.

Edited by littlesat, 7 January 2020 - 10:59.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Adding menu animation in OpenPLi 7.2. #9 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 8 January 2020 - 08:49

Some skins implement there own text scrolling mechanism give a try to glamourhd from the feed for exemple if you like such things.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Adding menu animation in OpenPLi 7.2. #10 FRAP

• 329 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 8 January 2020 - 20:08

Hello! For me, Animation matters only for the Weather plug-ins. (This makes sense) The sun is dancing, clouds are floating across the sky. Someone drank a lot of beer and hid behind a cloud :)

Alcohol for wimps. Strong people enjoy depression.

Re: Adding menu animation in OpenPLi 7.2. #11 dhwz

• 227 posts

+20
Neutral

Posted 9 January 2020 - 13:05

It was orriginally invented by Dream MultiMedia since the Broadcom chips has some special stuff inside to so some animation quickly on the OSD.

That's incorrect DP never used Broadcom related stuff for animation support. Also the animations are not screen related, any element on the screen can be animated separately. Also the animations itself are fully user-definable.

This is not the same way as other box use when they "copied" the animations. Which you may be right are only some Broadcom stuff. ;)

Re: Adding menu animation in OpenPLi 7.2. #12 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 9 January 2020 - 20:54

As far I know dmm was the first who had these animations in their closed source e2... that was why I mentioned they invented it... dmm had it in their closed source stuff. the implementation you’ve now is a re-invention as far I remember (they have it since 2014 as far I know for the dmm7080)

Edited by littlesat, 9 January 2020 - 21:02.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users