Photo

Eutelsat 5W B

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Belgianviking

• 48 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 January 2020 - 13:59

On 21/01/2020 Eutelsat 5W B has been activated and is planned to replace the ageing Eutelsat 5W A. I am running an HD 51 with Multistream capability. So after the 20th all channales from Eutelsat 5W A disappeared. I assume I have to update the configuration of the the 2 tuners (S2X) but I cannot find the Eutelsat 5W B on the list of available satellites. I guess the satellites,XML file has to be updated first and probably added to etc/Enigma2. Is this correct? I checked the satellites.XML editor (Satellites-XML.org)  but the Eutelsat 5W B is still not showing in the list. So what would be the best way to update the Satellies.XML file in my box?

Is there in the feed a Plug In that would do the job smoothly for me or am I completely on a wrong track?

Re: Eutelsat 5W B #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,528 posts

+1,736
Excellent

Posted 23 January 2020 - 14:07

Eutelsat 5A and B are both at 5W, so there is no separate entry in the list.

I have started a new build, give it 15-20 minutes or so, when finished you can download the updated satellites.xml from https://raw.githubus.../satellites.xml (you will find the generation date at the top of the file in the comments).

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Eutelsat 5W B #3 mrbeam

• 300 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 23 January 2020 - 14:09

As far as i can see the parameters have not been changed.

https://www.lyngsat....t-5-West-B.html

Wavefrontier T90, Vu+ Duo 4k SE (DVB-S2x FBC, DVB-T2, DVB-C USB), Octagon SF4008 (dual DVB-S2, DVB-T2 & DVB-C USB), Mutant HD51 (DVB-S2 & DVB-T2), TBS6920 & TBS6925

Re: Eutelsat 5W B #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,528 posts

+1,736
Excellent

Posted 23 January 2020 - 15:26

West B has been added, it wasn't there at all. But most transponders have not changed ( just moved from A to B ), but some have been added (the light-blue ones).

The new satellites.xml is online, and will be in the updates after the next build.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Eutelsat 5W B #5 Belgianviking

• 48 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 January 2020 - 16:31

Many thanks for your kind an most effective help. I assume I just FTP this updated XML file to etc/enigma2/?

Re: Eutelsat 5W B #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,528 posts

+1,736
Excellent

Posted 23 January 2020 - 17:14

No, to /etc/tuxbox.

If you copy it to /etc/enigma2, it will overrule the system installed version, and you will never receive updates anymore.

and don't forget to restart Enigma after you've done that.

Re: Eutelsat 5W B #7 EnoSat

• 183 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 23 January 2020 - 18:17

On 5 West only removed 12711V and added 11471H , others as before

Attached Files

Re: Eutelsat 5W B #8 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,528 posts

+1,736
Excellent

Posted 23 January 2020 - 18:34

What is the point of posting a non-standard file? After I posted the correct one? This will only confuse people...

Re: Eutelsat 5W B #9 Belgianviking

• 48 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 January 2020 - 12:11

My optimism turned into confusion last nigth. After downloading the new satellites.xml file and ftp-ing it to etc/enigma2 (and restart of Enigma 2). I re-configured Tuner A & B (B equal to A) by allocating 5W-A/B now visible in the list of satellites to the same LNB previously allocated to 5W-A. After doing a service search for a single sat i.e. 5W-A/B i found out that I downloaded abt 350 channels of which abt 50 % were radio channels. When comparing to Lyngsat for 5 W-A; 5W-AB and 5W-B I figured that  my search had only covered 5W-A despite the new XML files being installed and the Tuners re-configured. for 5W-A/B (i thougth).

I then used the Signal Finder DVB-S2 and and got a resonable  strong signal for 5W-A/B (same as before the transfer to 5W-B) when using the "Pre-defined transponder" settings. However when entering parameters for "User defined transponder" in line with the newly provided Lyngsat parameters for 5W-A/B, the signal disappeared which made me conclude that I had no contact with 5W-B but only with 5W-A. So what is the problem and how can I get it resolved?

Re: Eutelsat 5W B #10 chafpa

• 197 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 24 January 2020 - 13:58

Scan done yesterday and almost 800 channels found without changing satellite.xml

Re: Eutelsat 5W B #11 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,528 posts

+1,736
Excellent

Posted 24 January 2020 - 14:00

It is already weird that you had to reconfigure. As only the name of the entry has changed, not its position.

Re: Eutelsat 5W B #12 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,528 posts

+1,736
Excellent

Posted 24 January 2020 - 14:01

Scan done yesterday and almost 800 channels found without changing satellite.xml

Quite logical, as nothing much has changed. Transponder frequencies have moved to the new satellite, but for us on the ground that is transparent as they are at the same position.

Re: Eutelsat 5W B #13 Belgianviking

• 48 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 January 2020 - 15:21

Just one comment. Nothing was forcing me to reconfigure I just figured that it migth be needed in view of the change in entry.

Re: Eutelsat 5W B #14 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,528 posts

+1,736
Excellent

Posted 24 January 2020 - 15:32

That confuses me.

The index is orbital position, which hasn't changed, so when you opened the tuner configuration menu, it should have already said "A / B".

But you wrote:

I re-configured Tuner A & B (B equal to A) by allocating 5W-A/B now visible in the list of satellites to the same LNB previously allocated to 5W-A

which indicates that that didn't happen.

You didn't previously use a third-party satellites.xml which has other orbital positions as index? If so, your entire channel list might now be off...

Re: Eutelsat 5W B #15 Belgianviking

• 48 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 January 2020 - 11:53

That is correct they are off (I am focusing mainly on Multistream channels .

However when making a service search for the satellite 5W A/B, only channels from Inelsat 5W A are downloaded.I do not reach any channel from Intelsat 5W B which is weird.

Maybe I should remove the third party xml file from etc/Enigma2, Restart Enigma and flash the HD51 with a new built OpenPLI 7.2.

I am making automatic backups everyday so I guess the whole process migth not be too much time consuming.

What do U think?

Re: Eutelsat 5W B #16 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,070 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 25 January 2020 - 12:39

Hi,

You should be aware that Eutelsat 5B has a technical problem on its south solar panel so it can only gets 50% of its power capacity.

This has an impact on the satellite and a perfect alignment is needed moreover the beam footprint is different than 5A, so people in Portugal and Western Spain can no longer receive this satellite.

So the switch from 5A to 5B is not so transparent.

But I can confirm that now the Eutelsat is automatically reported as 5W A/B in the setup menu with the latest satellite.xml and in Belgium I have performed a scan yesterday evening and I am still able to receive the MIS channels and the Fransat ones too.

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Eutelsat 5W B #17 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,070 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 25 January 2020 - 12:42

... I re-configured Tuner A & B (B equal to A) by allocating 5W-A/B now visible in the list of satellites to the same LNB previously allocated to 5W-A. ...

Just to be sure this setup is valid only if you have 2 distincts cables between your LNB and your STB.  If you have only one cable and want to use the internal loopback then the right setup is to set B as loopback from A.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Eutelsat 5W B #18 Rick Hunter

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,051 posts

+56
Good

Posted 25 January 2020 - 15:42

Just a remind that the Italian channels are being moved to the Eutelsat 9.0 East with a Italian dish beam.

See http://en.satexpat.com/mis/ Item: 

MIS Transponders Eutelsat 9B [9° East]
Plinux member We have a.. (ehmm.. morgage) house.

Re: Eutelsat 5W B #19 jpuigs

• 1,143 posts

+32
Good

Posted 25 January 2020 - 16:28

You should be aware that Eutelsat 5B has a technical problem on its south solar panel so it can only gets 50% of its power capacity.

This has an impact on the satellite and a perfect alignment is needed moreover the beam footprint is different than 5A, so people in Portugal and Western Spain can no longer receive this satellite.

The solar power problem makes that the satellite can be used at 45% of its capacity, but the power is the expected one.

45% of transponders at full power on transalpine beam.

Enigma is getting old....

Spoiler

Re: Eutelsat 5W B #20 Belgianviking

• 48 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 January 2020 - 16:38

What about the reception of Eutelsat 5W A/B in Scandinavia like Sth Sweden?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users