• Please log in to reply
Er zijn 9 reacties in dit onderwerp

#1 umtauscher

• 177 berichten

+1
Neutral

Geplaatst op 18 mei 2020 - 07:21

Hi guys,

I hope someone of you has a solution for my problem.
Yesterday I updated the 7.2 release on my solo2. There where about 40 packages to update and as far as I could see, the update went normal.
The box restarted and everything seemed to be fine. I put it into deep standby afterwards.
Yesterday evening when I wanted to watch some TV I realised, that it was in normal standby, clock on the display. Unfortunately I could not end the standby.
So I switched off the powersupply.
After that, the box started to the red screen, but never reached the normal user mode.
That was the point when I decided to reflash from USB.
I flashed the box with the image 01.05.2020. That. seemed to work, I answered restore previous setting when I was prompted for it.
That ran some time and then switched to a blank screen. After that, the box was dead.
When trying to reboot, not even the „starting“ display is shown.
So my box is bricked.
Is there any way to recover from such a problem, e.g. reflash the bootloader etc?
I would be greatful for any suggestions.
Cheers
Wilhelm

Re: I have a brick with my Solo 2 #2 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27380 berichten

+393
Excellent

Geplaatst op 18 mei 2020 - 07:49

That a backup would have damaged your hardware doesn’t seem logical IMHO.

Did you try to flash the box again? If not, I would definitely give it a try and not restore the previous backup.

It will certainly won’t harm to give it a try but it might be that there is actually an issue with your hardware due to unknown reasons.

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

Voor centrale opslag van media gebruik ik een Qnap 219P 
met tweemaal 2 Tb harddisks + een Synology DS414 met 12 Tb Totale opslag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Re: I have a brick with my Solo 2 #3 umtauscher

• 177 berichten

+1
Neutral

Geplaatst op 18 mei 2020 - 08:02

Unfortunately reflashing or anything isn't an option. The power button light is all that comes on now.

Not even the display is showing anything...

I thought there could be an option to reflash the bootloader but I don#t know is that's even possible.

Re: I have a brick with my Solo 2 #4 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27380 berichten

+393
Excellent

Geplaatst op 18 mei 2020 - 08:32

Do you owe another power supply. Just try it.

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

Voor centrale opslag van media gebruik ik een Qnap 219P 
met tweemaal 2 Tb harddisks + een Synology DS414 met 12 Tb Totale opslag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Re: I have a brick with my Solo 2 #5 umtauscher

• 177 berichten

+1
Neutral

Geplaatst op 18 mei 2020 - 11:06

Sadly the power supply is ok. I measured the voltage in off and on stage and it's exactly 12.1 V

Re: I have a brick with my Solo 2 #6 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6046 berichten

+256
Excellent

Geplaatst op 18 mei 2020 - 20:12

Was your VU+ Solo2 a genuine one or a clone one?

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: I have a brick with my Solo 2 #7 umtauscher

• 177 berichten

+1
Neutral

Geplaatst op 18 mei 2020 - 20:54

Genuin, I already read about the „time bomb“ feature of clone boxes.
Anyway, I have ordered a replacement.
It will be an uno 4K SE.
Thanks
Wilhelm

Re: I have a brick with my Solo 2 #8 georgeflu

• 32 berichten

+4
Neutral

Geplaatst op 18 mei 2020 - 21:49

Sadly the power supply is ok. I measured the voltage in off and on stage and it's exactly 12.1 V

not only in your case, but ...

did you measured the power suppluy under load?  because many times, it shows the correct power when it is not connected,but it looses it when we connect it...

Re: I have a brick with my Solo 2 #9 s3n0

• 640 berichten

+62
Good

Geplaatst op 19 mei 2020 - 09:17

You can also try diagnostics via the RS232 terminal. Connect an RS232 cable (null-modem cable with no hardware handshaking will suffice - https://en.wikipedia...are_handshaking serial cable) between the PC and the set-top box. Start a serial terminal on the PC, e.g. in PUTTY app and watch messages in this terminal. Maybe you'll find a mistake there.

Re: I have a brick with my Solo 2 #10 umtauscher

• 177 berichten

+1
Neutral

Geplaatst op 20 mei 2020 - 13:19

It's no use: It's just a brick.

Thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Vu+ Solo2

1 gebruiker(s) lezen dit onderwerp

0 leden, 1 bezoekers, 0 anonieme gebruikers