VU+ Duo 4K VUDUO SLOW

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 abi211

• 18 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 June 2020 - 11:29

Hello,

In the last 3 months update releases and after updating my VU+DUO 4K box I see that my box is going slow comparing to previous versions.

When I switch channels it takes to much time to change to the other channel, and sometimes list of bouquets is freezing and it takes time (around 3-5 seconds) to have normal list of bouquets again.

I have flashed box with older version of OpenPli 7.2 (version from December 2019) and everything works perfectly.

Does anybody know what is the issue and how can I fix this?

Looking forward to your replies.

Regards,

Abi

Re: VU+ DUO 4K VERY SLOW - with latest updates #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 17 June 2020 - 11:45

lcd4linux installed?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: VU+ DUO 4K VERY SLOW - with latest updates #3 abi211

• 18 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 June 2020 - 21:02

yes, installed and disabled - I read somewhere in the forums that this solves the problem but did not solve my problem... I had to find older 7.2 version (from Dec 2019) and everything is OK. Now, I'm afraid to update my box due to above mentioned problems...

Re: VU+ DUO 4K VERY SLOW - with latest updates #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 17 June 2020 - 21:22

Disabled doesn't do it, you need to remove the plugin, and restart the box, to get completely rid of it.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: VU+ DUO 4K VERY SLOW - with latest updates #5 abi211

• 18 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 June 2020 - 21:57

this plugin, by default, is not installed in the box, so since it is not installed I have this problem o box being slow in the last updates, while when I put older version of 7.2 from December everything works fine.

With this older version, even if its installed there is no problem with the box. I see you have Duo4K too, you dont have these problems in latest versions of openpli?

Thanks

Re: VU+ DUO 4K VERY SLOW - with latest updates #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 17 June 2020 - 22:21

I don't, and I have never seen it since we removed lcd4linux from the image in 7.0-release.

Anything else installed that could slow down zapping? picons installed on a device that has slow access?

Re: VU+ DUO 4K VERY SLOW - with latest updates #7 abi211

• 18 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 June 2020 - 22:48

Yes, I usually install picons  snp-full.400x240-400x240  and currently have installed on older version of 7.2 -dec 2019 version 06.12.2019 release and I dont have any problem with zapping...at all, but I'm 100% sure if I update now box to latest version I will have problem with zapping... this is strange and I dont understand why?!

Re: VU+ DUO 4K VERY SLOW - with latest updates #8 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 17 June 2020 - 23:49

Neither do I.

Re: VU+ DUO 4K VERY SLOW - with latest updates #9 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 19 June 2020 - 09:38

I only know that I can't reproduce the lcd4linux issue on my duo4k, but I have a non-default config for it.

What do you call slow anyway? The duo4k has FBC tuners and they take more time to lock than conventional tuners. Also are you sure it's tuners to blame, or is the start of decryption slow?

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: VU+ DUO 4K VERY SLOW - with latest updates #10 abi211

• 18 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 June 2020 - 19:10

Apart from Satellite list, I have installed also JediXtream plugin with 2 huge IPTV and the main problem is zapping, sometimes goes very slow...the small circle in the corner of the screen sometimes takes 3-4seconds until I got next chanel...also I have installed Cable TV operator and probably all this is slowing box on zapping part...

Regards,
Abi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: VU+ DUO 4K VERY SLOW - with latest updates #11 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 22 June 2020 - 16:36

We do not support IPtv, especially if it's illegal.

Edited by Erik Slagter, 22 June 2020 - 16:37.

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: VU+ DUO 4K VERY SLOW - with latest updates #12 Youto

• 521 posts

+11
Neutral

Posted 9 August 2020 - 11:45

A late reaction about this issue. In an earlier topic on the dutch forum I had the same question. And also they came with the same solutions as mentioned here. But on the vu+ wiki I found that with the vti image there is a plugin called I think fcc, fast channel....., that plugin does very quick switching between the channels. I cannot found this plugin on open pli. Does this exist on pli? Or is it in a way possible the donwload this plugin at the vti image site and add it on the pli image. Or maybe using multiboot to get it somehow?

Re: VU+ DUO 4K VERY SLOW - with latest updates #13 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 9 August 2020 - 11:59

No. And it will never be inplemented, as it will kill smartcards with a SID limiter (like the M7 cards).

FCC basically pre-tunes using additional FBC tuners, so instead of only the channel you watch asking ECM's from the card, the next and the next channel will also do that. And on top of that also your recordings. With a limit of 4 channels, it is a disaster waiting to happen. So I suggest you don't use it.

There is a known issue with VU+ zapping  in combination with lcd4linux. If that is not installed, the Duo 4K isn't slow.

Re: VU+ DUO 4K VERY SLOW - with latest updates #14 Youto

• 521 posts

+11
Neutral

Posted 9 August 2020 - 12:19

@wanwizard, okee understood. We had this discussion a while ago on the dutch forum. Then you also mensioned the lcd4linux solution. But I found after that topic the fcc solution and today I accedently read this topic here above and I thought, I can always ask it. But thanks for the clear explanation. 

Re: VU+ DUO 4K VERY SLOW - with latest updates #15 alias haha

• 357 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 11 August 2020 - 10:30

Delete that iptv plugin, and your box will be fast again, i had only installed a iptv plugin, and my box was acting weird, removed iptv plugin and everything was working as before

Vu+ duo 4K | Vu+ duo²

Zgemma H9S SE | Zgemma H9 Combo

Wavefrontier T90

Re: VU+ DUO 4K VERY SLOW - with latest updates #16 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 14 August 2020 - 11:11

There is another reason why we don't have the FCC capability (it's not a plugin).

The interface to the low-level implementation (drivers...) is not at all clear to us and VU+ doesn't want to explain, so we wouldn't know where to start. The code in their own "enigma" could be used as a starting point, but in this case it's riddled all over the application and it's not clear why and how it works. Also the VU+ "enigma" application and ours has diverted in such a way that we cannot simply import the code in our version.

If anyone is able to supply me with workable information on this subject, I am very much considering implementation, if only for those who have a limitless card or are watching FTA only (like me, most of the time).

Re: VU+ DUO 4K VERY SLOW - with latest updates #17 abi211

• 18 posts

Neutral

Posted 12 September 2020 - 18:36

Hello Guys,

I just bought Zgemma H7s box and loaded exactly the same list that I have in Vu+ Duo 4K box, including all plugins and iptv and in Zgemma box I dont have problem like in Vu+ Duo 4k box...

Strange...box which costs 3 times more to not work properly, while Zgemma H7s doesn't have any problem...

Br, Abi

Re: VU+ DUO 4K VERY SLOW - with latest updates #18 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 12 September 2020 - 18:54

I can only repeat that my Duo 4K, which is my main watch-and-record box with 16 tuners (2 FBC S2 modules), I don't have any slowness problems, other than the 3 seconds the FBC tuners need to tune and sync. The H7 doesn't have FBC tuners, so it has less of a tuning delay.

I never have a freezing channel list.

What skin are you using? A skin with picons in the channel list by any chance, so they all need to be loaded when you open the list?

Re: VU+ DUO 4K VERY SLOW - with latest updates #19 abi211

• 18 posts

Neutral

Posted 12 September 2020 - 19:14

I can only repeat that my Duo 4K, which is my main watch-and-record box with 16 tuners (2 FBC S2 modules), I don't have any slowness problems, other than the 3 seconds the FBC tuners need to tune and sync. The H7 doesn't have FBC tuners, so it has less of a tuning delay.

I never have a freezing channel list.

What skin are you using? A skin with picons in the channel list by any chance, so they all need to be loaded when you open the list?

I'm using OpenPli 7.3 default skin, because I like it and I use picons snp-full 400x240-370x210light on transparent.

The main delay I have is that (sometime - not every time) when I push upper arrow in my remote and the list of channels within one bouquet loads - when I push the right arrow to go in the next page of channels, sometime box reacts with delay - about 3 sec delay...same things happen sometime when I change channels with arrows of remote left or right without loading the channel list... This is the only problem I have...

Br, Abi

Edited by Frenske, 12 September 2020 - 22:07.
Please do not add your reply into the quote of the member you respond to.

Re: VU+ DUO 4K VERY SLOW - with latest updates #20 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 12 September 2020 - 19:23

And do you use picons in the channel list? I don't, and don't have any delay at all when interacting with the channel list.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)