iptv recording sometimes stops during buffering

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 george kildare

• 61 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 16 September 2020 - 04:19

Is there anything I can do to make Iptv recording more reliable and continue after buffering? e.g adjust transcode parameters. 

Very many thanks to everybody who contributeto making using enigma 2 such an outstanding experience.

Re: iptv recording sometimes stops during buffering #2 Raybobo

• 190 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 16 September 2020 - 05:38

Hello,
That's an interesting question for me too, because I have tried sometimes to record Iptv, but it records only a few seconds and then it stops. I'm on Vu+Duo2, OP 7.2.

I was thinking that recording Iptv was impossible, maybe I'm wrong?

Thanks guys for your answer, and keep it on the way, you are doing a good job with OP!

LG Oled C9

Vu+Duo4KSe

Yamaha 5.1 system

Qnap NAS 2Tb

1 wife

2 childs

2 dogs

4 cats :D

Re: iptv recording sometimes stops during buffering #3 george kildare

• 61 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 16 September 2020 - 06:42

Hi Raybobo

For me, recordings from channels with little buffering usually work fine, but this depends very much on the IPTV provider. 

Re: iptv recording sometimes stops during buffering #4 Taykun345

• 1,296 posts

+41
Good

Posted 16 September 2020 - 07:57

Its due to provider. I dont have such problems, but it is stable TS stream (h264) from official IPTV provider. Of course sometimes it happens there are small glitches in picture but recording doesnt stop. I am just recording Stargate SG1 from beginning (SciFI) and no problems, currently at season 7.

Army MoodBlue HD skin modification by me: https://github.com/T...-MoodBlueHD-mod
Matrix10 MH-HD2 skin modification by me: https://github.com/B...-MX-HD2-OpenPli
MetrixHD skin modification by me: https://github.com/T...xHD-WPstyle-mod
Slovenian translation for OpenPLi E2: https://github.com/T...ion-for-OpenPLi

Re: iptv recording sometimes stops during buffering #5 mimisiku

• 5,458 posts

+114
Excellent

Posted 16 September 2020 - 08:04

IPTV providers (certainly the illegal ones) don't want you to record 'their' services. They allow only 1 connection. If you try to record, it opens a second stream for recording. As soon as their server realizes you are attempting a second stream they block the signal and in some time even ban your connection.
Met één been in het graf..... Helaas

Re: iptv recording sometimes stops during buffering #6 george kildare

• 61 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 16 September 2020 - 09:53

Thanks Mimisicu. In my case, recording usually works on channels from my best IPTV provider, but sometimes, begins and stops when there are glitches. So I don't think that the problem is caused by my provider. That is why I was wondering whether there are parameters that could be adjusted to alleviate matters. I see that the transcoding parameters can be adjusted, but I'm not sure what they do. 

(Off topic. The reason that I subscribe to IPTV is that there are channels that I cannot receive, even though I am prepared to pay for them. As an Irish expatriate living in the Netherlands, I want to be able to view the Irish news. Also, US channels, such as MSNBC. I regard the inability to pay legally to do so, as a form of censorship. By the way I pay full price for the normal Dutch cable service.) 

Re: iptv recording sometimes stops during buffering #7 ccs

• 229 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 16 September 2020 - 09:56

I regard the inability to pay legally to do so, as a form of censorship. 

Crikey, not heard that as an excuse before.

test

Re: iptv recording sometimes stops during buffering #8 george kildare

• 61 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 16 September 2020 - 15:17

I clearly should nothave brought up this off-topic subject and sorry if I offended anyone. However, I feel strongly that I should be able to PURCHASE access to channels from Ireland, another EU country from an  Irish provider and US channels from a US provider, if I am willing to pay for them.  But lets not get sidetracked by this semi-political discussion! My apologies.

Re: iptv recording sometimes stops during buffering #9 mimisiku

• 5,458 posts

+114
Excellent

Posted 16 September 2020 - 16:01

Thanks Mimisicu.

(Off topic. The reason that I subscribe to IPTV is that there are channels that I cannot receive, even though I am prepared to pay for them. As an Irish expatriate living in the Netherlands, I want to be able to view the Irish news. Also, US channels, such as MSNBC. I regard the inability to pay legally to do so, as a form of censorship. By the way I pay full price for the normal Dutch cable service.)

Off course, otherwise they will cut you off :)
Why? Being Irish entitles you to subscribe to Irish SKY. At least using a family member...
Met één been in het graf..... Helaas

Re: iptv recording sometimes stops during buffering #10 george kildare

• 61 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 16 September 2020 - 16:12

Although I do also subscribe to Irish Sky this is also officially not accepted by Sky even though I am an Irish citizen.

Re: iptv recording sometimes stops during buffering #11 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 16 September 2020 - 16:13

I clearly should nothave brought up this off-topic subject and sorry if I offended anyone. However, I feel strongly that I should be able to PURCHASE access to channels from Ireland, another EU country from an  Irish provider and US channels from a US provider, if I am willing to pay for them.  But lets not get sidetracked by this semi-political discussion! My apologies.

In the EU, there is legislation that allows this. As far as I know, former M7 (Netherlands, Belgium) is the only provider that allows you to, I have both while I don't live in those countries. All they need is an IBAN number for the direct debit.

I approached SKY in the past about this, and about the option to get a CI module as for SKY Germany, but they didn't even bother to reply...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: iptv recording sometimes stops during buffering #12 Raybobo

• 190 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 17 September 2020 - 05:13

Thanks for the answer, I have an idean now why I cannot record Iptv.

LG Oled C9

Vu+Duo4KSe

Yamaha 5.1 system

Qnap NAS 2Tb

1 wife

2 childs

2 dogs

4 cats :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users