←  [EN] Enduser support

Forums

»

iptv recording sometimes stops during buff...

's foto george kildare 16 sep 2020

Is there anything I can do to make Iptv recording more reliable and continue after buffering? e.g adjust transcode parameters. 

Very many thanks to everybody who contributeto making using enigma 2 such an outstanding experience.

Citeren

's foto Raybobo 16 sep 2020

Hello,
That's an interesting question for me too, because I have tried sometimes to record Iptv, but it records only a few seconds and then it stops. I'm on Vu+Duo2, OP 7.2.

I was thinking that recording Iptv was impossible, maybe I'm wrong?

Thanks guys for your answer, and keep it on the way, you are doing a good job with OP!

Citeren

Hi Raybobo

For me, recordings from channels with little buffering usually work fine, but this depends very much on the IPTV provider. 

Citeren

's foto Taykun345 16 sep 2020

Its due to provider. I dont have such problems, but it is stable TS stream (h264) from official IPTV provider. Of course sometimes it happens there are small glitches in picture but recording doesnt stop. I am just recording Stargate SG1 from beginning (SciFI) and no problems, currently at season 7.

Citeren

's foto mimisiku 16 sep 2020

IPTV providers (certainly the illegal ones) don't want you to record 'their' services. They allow only 1 connection. If you try to record, it opens a second stream for recording. As soon as their server realizes you are attempting a second stream they block the signal and in some time even ban your connection.
Citeren

Thanks Mimisicu. In my case, recording usually works on channels from my best IPTV provider, but sometimes, begins and stops when there are glitches. So I don't think that the problem is caused by my provider. That is why I was wondering whether there are parameters that could be adjusted to alleviate matters. I see that the transcoding parameters can be adjusted, but I'm not sure what they do. 

(Off topic. The reason that I subscribe to IPTV is that there are channels that I cannot receive, even though I am prepared to pay for them. As an Irish expatriate living in the Netherlands, I want to be able to view the Irish news. Also, US channels, such as MSNBC. I regard the inability to pay legally to do so, as a form of censorship. By the way I pay full price for the normal Dutch cable service.) 

Citeren

's foto ccs 16 sep 2020

I regard the inability to pay legally to do so, as a form of censorship. 

Crikey, not heard that as an excuse before.

Citeren

I clearly should nothave brought up this off-topic subject and sorry if I offended anyone. However, I feel strongly that I should be able to PURCHASE access to channels from Ireland, another EU country from an  Irish provider and US channels from a US provider, if I am willing to pay for them.  But lets not get sidetracked by this semi-political discussion! My apologies.

Citeren

's foto mimisiku 16 sep 2020

Thanks Mimisicu.

(Off topic. The reason that I subscribe to IPTV is that there are channels that I cannot receive, even though I am prepared to pay for them. As an Irish expatriate living in the Netherlands, I want to be able to view the Irish news. Also, US channels, such as MSNBC. I regard the inability to pay legally to do so, as a form of censorship. By the way I pay full price for the normal Dutch cable service.)

Off course, otherwise they will cut you off :)
Why? Being Irish entitles you to subscribe to Irish SKY. At least using a family member...
Citeren

Although I do also subscribe to Irish Sky this is also officially not accepted by Sky even though I am an Irish citizen.

Citeren

's foto WanWizard 16 sep 2020

I clearly should nothave brought up this off-topic subject and sorry if I offended anyone. However, I feel strongly that I should be able to PURCHASE access to channels from Ireland, another EU country from an  Irish provider and US channels from a US provider, if I am willing to pay for them.  But lets not get sidetracked by this semi-political discussion! My apologies.

In the EU, there is legislation that allows this. As far as I know, former M7 (Netherlands, Belgium) is the only provider that allows you to, I have both while I don't live in those countries. All they need is an IBAN number for the direct debit.

I approached SKY in the past about this, and about the option to get a CI module as for SKY Germany, but they didn't even bother to reply...

Citeren

's foto Raybobo 17 sep 2020

Thanks for the answer, I have an idean now why I cannot record Iptv.

Citeren