problem to install a ipk by filebrowser

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ubidubo

• 26 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 October 2020 - 16:32

Hello, 

I have a zgemma h9.2h , I'm trying to installa a plugin ( vhannibal autosetting). Usually to install it I put it in tmp folder and by plugin filebrowser I install it... but now I can't! this is the response: " completed. installed, upgraded or removed 0 packages". why???? usually it works!!!! 

can you help me?

Re: problem to install a ipk by filebrowser #2 ubidubo

• 26 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 October 2020 - 17:00

hello, ipk installer tell me: does not have a compatible architecture.  please help. How can I install it?

Re: problem to install a ipk by filebrowser #3 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 24 October 2020 - 17:43

Find an ipk with the correct architecture. And explain to the maker that setting files are not architecture bound, so he should create his ipk's for the 'all' acrhitecture.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: problem to install a ipk by filebrowser #4 ubidubo

• 26 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 October 2020 - 17:52

tha architecture is good. someone told me openpli have problems with ipk... true? or not..?

Re: problem to install a ipk by filebrowser #5 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 24 October 2020 - 18:04

..:

Edited by littlesat, 24 October 2020 - 18:05.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: problem to install a ipk by filebrowser #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 24 October 2020 - 18:07

tha architecture is good. someone told me openpli have problems with ipk... true? or not..?

Define problems? It is simply not true that every ipk installs on every system.

It needs to be made for the correct CPU architecture, and if it contains binary files, those need to be compiled against the same libraries (versions) as are installed on the box.

For a H9.2H, you need an ipk made for the "cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4" architecture.

Which is why I said that if the ipk doesn't contain binary files, it should be made for the "all" architecture, which DOES install on every box regardless of the image used (as long as it uses the opkg package system).

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users