Springen naar inhoud

Foto

Which satellite receiver to buy at this moment?

• Please log in to reply
Er zijn 11 reacties in dit onderwerp

#1 jeandubois

• 293 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 18 november 2020 - 17:32

I'm considering to buy a new satellite receiver, it should of course be supported by OpenPli, be able to receive UHD-channels , have the possibility for an internal  HDD, have 1Gb ethernet... I have already been looking at some test reports for the GigaBlue UHD UE 4K and the  Vu+ Uno 4K SE, but these receivers are already a few years old, so I'm in doubt whether to buy them now is still a good idea. I saw that there is a recent  Duo 4K SE, bit it not supported yet by OpenPli. Are there better choices at this very moment?

I'd like to hear from your personal experiences with recent receivers.

kind regards,

Jean

Re: Which satellite receiver to buy at this moment? #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68303 berichten

+1718
Excellent

Geplaatst op 18 november 2020 - 18:12

OpenPLi 8.0 is planned for the end of the month (as a release candidate), and will have support for the Duo 4K SE.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Which satellite receiver to buy at this moment? #3 Persian Prince

• 1982 berichten

+247
Excellent

Geplaatst op 18 november 2020 - 22:20

Best kernel support: Edision 4K

Best response and customer behaviour via email: GigaBlue (something Vu+ get 0 in our cases)

;)

Open Vision sources: https://github.com/OpenVisionE2

Re: Which satellite receiver to buy at this moment? #4 jeandubois

• 293 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 19 november 2020 - 09:30

Best kernel support: Edision 4K

Best response and customer behaviour via email: GigaBlue (something Vu+ get 0 in our cases)

;)

Could you explain what you mean by "best customer behaviour via email"?

thx.

Jean

Re: Which satellite receiver to buy at this moment? #5 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27380 berichten

+393
Excellent

Geplaatst op 19 november 2020 - 10:08

It’s really not hard to understand IMHO. Send a mail to Vu+ and wait patiently for an answer. Send a mail to one of the others and an answer will actually arrive. On the other hand, most of my Vu+ receivers offer possibilities which aren’t possible on some ‘alternative’ hardware. If there are no restrictions on your budget and you need only S2, I would advice the Uno 4Kse. A nice fast and proper working settopbox with FBC S2 tuners or FBC cable tuners. So ‘or’ and not ‘and’. If you also are interested in cable the Duo 4Kse has two FBC tuners, S2 + Cable.

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

Voor centrale opslag van media gebruik ik een Qnap 219P 
met tweemaal 2 Tb harddisks + een Synology DS414 met 12 Tb Totale opslag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Re: Which satellite receiver to buy at this moment? #6 Taykun345

• 1296 berichten

+41
Good

Geplaatst op 20 november 2020 - 08:12

I would opt for something else if I would be you. I had a fair share of problems with Vu+ receivers in the last few years (Duo1, Duo2, Duo4k).

But of course it depends on the needs. You want internal HDD, this decreases selection a bit. Also Vu+ is still the primary choice if you want FBC tuners.

Interesting choice with normal price of around 160 eur is Edison OS Mio+ 4k with OLED screen. Looks nice, apparently has good support ...

Army MoodBlue HD skin modification by me: https://github.com/T...-MoodBlueHD-mod
Matrix10 MH-HD2 skin modification by me: https://github.com/B...-MX-HD2-OpenPli
MetrixHD skin modification by me: https://github.com/T...xHD-WPstyle-mod
Slovenian translation for OpenPLi E2: https://github.com/T...ion-for-OpenPLi

Re: Which satellite receiver to buy at this moment? #7 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46951 berichten

+541
Excellent

Geplaatst op 21 november 2020 - 09:45

VU+ is an interesting manufacturer compared to the others. On one hand they tend not to fix bugs (or take a long time to do so) but on the other hand, on hardware level they're really good (regarding both stability and capabilities). If you have the resources, I'd definitely advise the Duo4kSE (just the SE version!), which is in fact an Ultimo4k without a legacy tuner slot. Stability on the Ultimo4k (and it looks like Duo4kSE as well) has been quite good, better than quite a bit of other receivers I've seen.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Which satellite receiver to buy at this moment? #8 jpuigs

• 1143 berichten

+32
Good

Geplaatst op 21 november 2020 - 11:00

I'll never buy (again) a VU+.

I bought a Uno 4K SE last year, and thanks to their "good" support and no received answers to problems I asked them, I sent back to shop and change it for a Octagon SF8008 twin.

That box had 3 problems:

1) When box was in Standby, and no active timers, not recording or streaming.... LNB Power was still ON.

==>That gave me problems when trying to use other boxes sharing same satellite setup.

2) Some Multistream signals (that had NO Gold or Root codes) could not be received.

3) Sometimes a few 4K channels didn't had video signal, and when zapping back from another one it appeared correctly.

I contacted VU+... but never received any "answer", and looking at their oficial repository source, drivers hasn't been updated to fix these.

Enigma is getting old....

Spoiler

Re: Which satellite receiver to buy at this moment? #9 Persian Prince

• 1982 berichten

+247
Excellent

Geplaatst op 21 november 2020 - 13:44

As I said they never answer and just sell something.

I know some users did the same like you and all said they will never buy Vu+ again.

Open Vision sources: https://github.com/OpenVisionE2

Re: Which satellite receiver to buy at this moment? #10 zeros

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1635 berichten

+61
Good

Geplaatst op 21 november 2020 - 20:31

I'm now with 2x dm920, happy. Lunix would be good, but the drivers.. I'm saving it for support for PLi  :)

DM920UHD DVB-S2X TRIPLE tuner + Triple M.S tuner DVB-S2X, DVB-T2/T, QboxHD, QboxHD Mini, Icecrypt T2300HD,
Qviart Lunix3 4K, Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB & 8GB

Vertex 4K60 4:4:4 600MHz

Re: Which satellite receiver to buy at this moment? #11 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27380 berichten

+393
Excellent

Geplaatst op 21 november 2020 - 20:42

@Zeros

I wouldn’t hold my breath until that moment. ;)

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

Voor centrale opslag van media gebruik ik een Qnap 219P 
met tweemaal 2 Tb harddisks + een Synology DS414 met 12 Tb Totale opslag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Re: Which satellite receiver to buy at this moment? #12 zeros

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1635 berichten

+61
Good

Geplaatst op 21 november 2020 - 21:00

Don't worry, things happen, and everything in the world is not beautiful. I hope, that Lunix will do it in one day. The box itself is almost OK. I don't like also the watch that goes wrong(ly). And that driver's mistake. A good box is not an easy choice, everyone tends to have things. 

DM920UHD DVB-S2X TRIPLE tuner + Triple M.S tuner DVB-S2X, DVB-T2/T, QboxHD, QboxHD Mini, Icecrypt T2300HD,
Qviart Lunix3 4K, Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB & 8GB

Vertex 4K60 4:4:4 600MHz

1 gebruiker(s) lezen dit onderwerp

0 leden, 1 bezoekers, 0 anonieme gebruikers