Photo

Vpn manager possible on openpli 7

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 rhurbarb

• 143 posts

Neutral

Posted 7 December 2020 - 22:50

I am trying to get Vpn manager to work on openpli 7. I have it loaded but it will not connect.to the servers .. Or is there another plugin which will do the same?

Thanks...

Re: Vpn manager possible on openpli 7 #2 gasth404

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 December 2020 - 10:19

I found from Pli feeds VPN Config Changer. Works ok with Open Pli 8 and Vu+Ultimo4K and similar to Vpn Manager.

Re: Vpn manager possible on openpli 7 #3 rhurbarb

• 143 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 December 2020 - 20:31

I have upgraded to Open pli 8... Thanks, Where do I find the feeds?

Thanks Gasth404

Re: Vpn manager possible on openpli 7 #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,516 posts

+1,734
Excellent

Posted 8 December 2020 - 21:17

Menu - Plugins - green button ? Like in any other OpenPLi image ? ;)

Oh, and it is not 8.0, it a s release candidate, a test image.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Vpn manager possible on openpli 7 #5 rhurbarb

• 143 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 December 2020 - 21:19

I have upgraded to Open pli 8... Thanks, Where do I find the feeds?

Thanks Gasth404

Found it in - Plugins - download plugins-extensions

I have tried this plugin but I was not successful at setting it up...

Re: Vpn manager possible on openpli 7 #6 rhurbarb

• 143 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 December 2020 - 21:20

Menu - Plugins - green button ? Like in any other OpenPLi image ? ;)

Oh, and it is not 8.0, it a s release candidate, a test image.

Thanks  m8 ... ;)

Re: Vpn manager possible on openpli 7 #7 rhurbarb

• 143 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 December 2020 - 21:40

Lost ... showing XXXX in Ip router Extern ... Showing Country folders .... where do I put the username and password please?

Re: Vpn manager possible on openpli 7 #8 Pike_Bishop

• 1,130 posts

+72
Good

Posted 8 December 2020 - 22:23

Hi,

VPNManager is better than VPN Config Changer because VPN Config Changer didn't regard a possible dns leak (VPNManager did this).

and VPNManager works with pli but it exists a problem with it with the /etc/resolv.conf

you can solve that (it's only a workarround) if you edit the /etc/resolv.conf so that they looks as following;

# Generated by resolvconf
nameserver 103.86.96.100
nameserver 103.86.99.100

and then you must forbid that this file is possible to overwrite with the following telnet command;

chattr +i /etc/resolv.conf

then it works without problems in pli too (i use it on pli-7.2 and in pli-8.0-rc)

and it's best before install the VPNManager plugin first to install the other packages which the plugin needs especially the package openresolv.

for users who want to test it i attach the plugin here to download.

regards

Pike

Attached Files

Edited by Pike_Bishop, 8 December 2020 - 22:28.

Receiver: VU Ultimo 4K, Octagon SF8008 4K, Gigablue Quad 4K

Image: OpenPLI-8.3

Re: Vpn manager possible on openpli 7 #9 gasth404

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 9 December 2020 - 08:27

I dont know how big risk for "possible dns leak". With other images i use VPN Manager just it looks better. Only with OpenPli I test VPN Config Changer because dont know this Pike_Bishop method and i will test it. Thanks Pike_Bishop!
VPN Config Changer use is similar to Manger. You make different catalog to each VPN with 2 file just rename ...ovpn file to client.conf and  put .txt file with 2 lines: username and password. In client conf file line: auth-user-pass
change to line with name of .txt file example: auth-user-pass login.txt
When start plugin and change VPN catalog to this where you have different VPN-s can start use VPN.

Re: Vpn manager possible on openpli 7 #10 rhurbarb

• 143 posts

Neutral

Posted 9 December 2020 - 08:49

Hi, I had a quick go this morning and failed

these "the other packages which the plugin needs especially the package openresolv". Where and what packages will I need?

Started on a new clean slate image

I went into etc/resolv.conf and manually changed it,manually (whoops did it manually by mistake but still worked) then telnet the command chattr +i /etc/resolv.conf, done a full reboot and went into network to check the setting to make sure it had changed to 103.86.96.100 and 103.86.99.100, which it did.

Then I installed Vpn manager, changed my username and password in the py file in extensions-vpn manager rebooted and loaded Vpn manager. Checked user name and password was showing  then changed the directory config  to hdd (which is a sdd drive)

clicked on the server and nothing ... I have noticed one of the  servers has a ovpn file and also a login txt file and client conf file. the others have just got a opvn file. Not sure if I have corrupt the file somehow

Thanks a lot for all your help so far... Your instructions are nice and clearly explained, thank you. Is there anything obvious I am doing wrong here?

Edited by rhurbarb, 9 December 2020 - 08:57.

Re: Vpn manager possible on openpli 7 #11 rhurbarb

• 143 posts

Neutral

Posted 9 December 2020 - 09:00

I dont know how big risk for "possible dns leak". With other images i use VPN Manager just it looks better. Only with OpenPli I test VPN Config Changer because dont know this Pike_Bishop method and i will test it. Thanks Pike_Bishop!
VPN Config Changer use is similar to Manger. You make different catalog to each VPN with 2 file just rename ...ovpn file to client.conf and  put .txt file with 2 lines: username and password. In client conf file line: auth-user-pass
change to line with name of .txt file example: auth-user-pass login.txt
When start plugin and change VPN catalog to this where you have different VPN-s can start use VPN.

Thank you

Re: Vpn manager possible on openpli 7 #12 Pike_Bishop

• 1,130 posts

+72
Good

Posted 9 December 2020 - 21:17

Hi,

packages which you need are;

openvpn

openresolv

and kernelmodule tun in my case "kernel-module-tun-3.14.28-1.12""

and maybe also;

python-mechanize

python-robotparser

the config you can find in "/etc/enigma2/settings", here is my part for VPNManager;

config.vpnChanger.camName=My Script
config.vpnChanger.dir=/media/usb/VPN/VPNChangerConfigs/
config.vpnChanger.fritzboxIp=XXX.XXX.XXX.X
config.vpnChanger.lastVpn=Italien
config.vpnChanger.typeRouter=new
config.vpnmanager.active=Italien
config.vpnmanager.autostart=true
config.vpnmanager.directory=/media/usb/VPN/VPNManagerConfigs/
config.vpnmanager.dns=XXX.XXX.XXX.X

as you can see my config directory for VPNManager is in "/media/usb/VPN/VPNChangerConfigs/" (whereby "/media/usb" is a mounted usb-stick).

in the drirectory "/media/usb/VPN/VPNChangerConfigs/" it needs the other directorys for the countrys, in my case you can see that i use among others the country Italy (Italien)

and in this directory "/media/usb/VPN/VPNChangerConfigs/Italien" it needs in my case the file "it152.nordvpn.com.tcp.ovpn.conf" (i use nordvpn -> is different for other vpnserver or other nordvpn server),

and it needs also the file "pass.file" with your vpn account data in it in two lines (first line is for user or email, second line is for password).

the "XXX.XXX.XXX.X" which you can see two times in my  "/etc/enigma2/settings" is the dns (nameserver from my router) and i use only static IP in my Router

(maybe the config must be a bit different if you use dhcp), but for static IP you need this specification for dns (nameserver).

My Router is a Fritzbox, you can see this also in my config for the first "XXX.XXX.XXX.X" complete entry looks "config.vpnChanger.fritzboxIp=XXX.XXX.XXX.X"

this is also sure different unless you use a Fritzbox too.

you can use parts of my config when you stop enigma2 with the telnet command init 4

download the file "/etc/enigma2/settings" from your box with FTP (Filezilla) on your pc and edit this file "settings" (but only with a unix compatible editor as example with notepad++ if you use windows).

copy the edited file back on your box to "/etc/enigma2".

start enigma2 with telnet command init 3

that's all, and at last check the file "/etc/resolv.conf", here it works perfect in this way.

regards

Pike

Edited by Pike_Bishop, 9 December 2020 - 21:26.

Re: Vpn manager possible on openpli 7 #13 Pike_Bishop

• 1,130 posts

+72
Good

Posted 9 December 2020 - 21:31

Hi,

oh sorry, please ignore the first 5 lines in my last post to the file "/etc/enigma2/settings" this are the config to vpnchanger which i used earlier

before VPNManager exists.

the path to my VPNManager congig is also different as i said in my last post, it's then "/media/usb/VPN/VPNManagerConfigs/"

and only one entry with "XXX.XXX.XXX.X" is then relevant, but the other infos are ok

regards

Pike

Edited by Pike_Bishop, 9 December 2020 - 21:35.

Re: Vpn manager possible on openpli 7 #14 rhurbarb

• 143 posts

Neutral

Posted 9 December 2020 - 22:39

Hi,

packages which you need are;

openvpn

openresolv

and kernelmodule tun in my case "kernel-module-tun-3.14.28-1.12""

and maybe also;

python-mechanize

python-robotparser

the config you can find in "/etc/enigma2/settings", here is my part for VPNManager;

config.vpnChanger.camName=My Script
config.vpnChanger.dir=/media/usb/VPN/VPNChangerConfigs/
config.vpnChanger.fritzboxIp=XXX.XXX.XXX.X
config.vpnChanger.lastVpn=Italien
config.vpnChanger.typeRouter=new
config.vpnmanager.active=Italien
config.vpnmanager.autostart=true
config.vpnmanager.directory=/media/usb/VPN/VPNManagerConfigs/
config.vpnmanager.dns=XXX.XXX.XXX.X

as you can see my config directory for VPNManager is in "/media/usb/VPN/VPNChangerConfigs/" (whereby "/media/usb" is a mounted usb-stick).

in the drirectory "/media/usb/VPN/VPNChangerConfigs/" it needs the other directorys for the countrys, in my case you can see that i use among others the country Italy (Italien)

and in this directory "/media/usb/VPN/VPNChangerConfigs/Italien" it needs in my case the file "it152.nordvpn.com.tcp.ovpn.conf" (i use nordvpn -> is different for other vpnserver or other nordvpn server),

and it needs also the file "pass.file" with your vpn account data in it in two lines (first line is for user or email, second line is for password).

the "XXX.XXX.XXX.X" which you can see two times in my  "/etc/enigma2/settings" is the dns (nameserver from my router) and i use only static IP in my Router

(maybe the config must be a bit different if you use dhcp), but for static IP you need this specification for dns (nameserver).

My Router is a Fritzbox, you can see this also in my config for the first "XXX.XXX.XXX.X" complete entry looks "config.vpnChanger.fritzboxIp=XXX.XXX.XXX.X"

this is also sure different unless you use a Fritzbox too.

you can use parts of my config when you stop enigma2 with the telnet command init 4

download the file "/etc/enigma2/settings" from your box with FTP (Filezilla) on your pc and edit this file "settings" (but only with a unix compatible editor as example with notepad++ if you use windows).

copy the edited file back on your box to "/etc/enigma2".

start enigma2 with telnet command init 3

that's all, and at last check the file "/etc/resolv.conf", here it works perfect in this way.

regards

Pike

Hi Pike. Thank you so much for your effort, I am finally up and running here(thanks to you guys) after a few nights of hell. It might of been the dns switching off first then a full reboot and then back to the /etc/resolv.conf file and changing the nameserver addresses... I really am not sure to be honnest but it works!

I have Vpnmanager only installed here and was wondering if I lost a connection on one of the servers, would vpnmanager switch servers automatically somehow ?

Ps I didn't need to put in the extra packages in the end... It was not needed... But I am sure someone will benefit from it ... Cheers my friend... Rhurbarb

Edited by rhurbarb, 9 December 2020 - 22:40.

Re: Vpn manager possible on openpli 7 #15 Pike_Bishop

• 1,130 posts

+72
Good

Posted 9 December 2020 - 23:06

Hi rhurbarb,

I have Vpnmanager only installed here and was wondering if I lost a connection on one of the servers, would vpnmanager switch servers automatically somehow ?

hmm, i'am not sure if that works i think rather no, but i don't know...

regards

Pike

Re: Vpn manager possible on openpli 7 #16 rhurbarb

• 143 posts

Neutral

Posted 9 December 2020 - 23:28

Hi rhurbarb,

hmm, i'am not sure if that works i think rather no, but i don't know...

regards

Pike

Thanks Pike. Stay safe my friend... Rhurbarb :thumbs-up:

Re: Vpn manager possible on openpli 7 #17 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,229 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 7 January 2021 - 14:54

A bit a pity that this plugin does not use the standard user interface and skinning stuff enigma2 offers... and that everything is customized... It looks like it has it's own skin.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Vpn manager possible on openpli 7 #18 Pike_Bishop

• 1,130 posts

+72
Good

Posted 7 January 2021 - 20:30

yes you're right but it works very good with the workarround from here;

https://forums.openp...dpost&p=1283538

but it's better if it works without a workarround, what can we do so that this works ?

the problem is the /etc/resolv.conf and only in pli image. in openatv no problem.

regards

Pike

Re: Vpn manager possible on openpli 7 #19 azevedosky

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 November 2021 - 12:45

Hi,

VPNManager is better than VPN Config Changer because VPN Config Changer didn't regard a possible dns leak (VPNManager did this).

and VPNManager works with pli but it exists a problem with it with the /etc/resolv.conf

you can solve that (it's only a workarround) if you edit the /etc/resolv.conf so that they looks as following;

# Generated by resolvconf
nameserver 103.86.96.100
nameserver 103.86.99.100

and then you must forbid that this file is possible to overwrite with the following telnet command;

chattr +i /etc/resolv.conf

then it works without problems in pli too (i use it on pli-7.2 and in pli-8.0-rc)

and it's best before install the VPNManager plugin first to install the other packages which the plugin needs especially the package openresolv.

for users who want to test it i attach the plugin here to download.

regards

Pike

I Pike!

I´m newest on this things. I have zegmma Start LC... and already instal openply 8.0, the channels and respective cccam/ oscam. now i try instal a vpn.... i download the file but i dont know how i put in box....

could you help me please?

Azevedosky

Re: Vpn manager possible on openpli 7 #20 Pike_Bishop

• 1,130 posts

+72
Good

Posted 2 November 2021 - 19:22

Hi,

which file did you download ?

do you mean the file  enigma2-plugin-extensions-vpnmanager_1.1.4_all.ipk ?

if yes you can install it with telnet or ssh, put this file on your box with filezilla (ftp client) in the directory /tmp

and then you can install it in telnet or ssh with command;

opkg install /tmp/*.ipk

regards

Pike

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users