softcam problem formuler f1 pli8.0 release

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 daveraver

• 412 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 31 January 2021 - 11:24

hi to all, I have the softcam with cccam an oscam, when I restart to change from cccam to oscam cs378x reader, softcam keep looking to the cccam server line... it causes a problem of slow decrypt or a cam block... I come back to 7.3 release waiting for a solution, I dont know if is only my box or it is a general problem with my box.

regards,

Re: softcam problem formuler f1 pli8.0 release #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,519 posts

+1,734
Excellent

Posted 31 January 2021 - 14:11

There is no relation between an OpenPLi version and Softcam behaviour. If that behaviour is different, it is either the (version of the) softcam or the user... ;)

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: softcam problem formuler f1 pli8.0 release #3 daveraver

• 412 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 1 February 2021 - 00:20

but how could you explain it? I use CCcam and change to oscam cs378x reader and it still looking for the previous cline used with CCcam. thats is not normal, I go back to 7.3, the 8.0 release is still not valid for my box formuler f1.

regards,

Re: softcam problem formuler f1 pli8.0 release #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,519 posts

+1,734
Excellent

Posted 1 February 2021 - 00:26

Now I think I understand what you wrote.

You most likely didn't restart Oscam or reloaded the readers, Oscam doesn't dynamically change the config or a reader, or in this case the config in the file, as you can't change the protocol in the web interface (probably because of that).

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: softcam problem formuler f1 pli8.0 release #5 daveraver

• 412 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 1 February 2021 - 00:54

i just have active 1 server/reader on cccam/oscam... maybe my instalation was corrupted, very rare this case...
I mean CCcam cam and oscam cam, and restarted from cccam in softcam to oscam.
i change of cam in softcam manager

Edited by daveraver, 1 February 2021 - 00:58.

Re: softcam problem formuler f1 pli8.0 release #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,519 posts

+1,734
Excellent

Posted 1 February 2021 - 01:01

Sorry, it may be a language thing, but I don't understand any of that... ;)

Re: softcam problem formuler f1 pli8.0 release #7 daveraver

• 412 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 1 February 2021 - 05:55

I am using softcam to change of cam, from CCcam 2.3.0 to oscam r11678. when I am on oscam, the system is still looking for cline from CCcam, and it causes conflict, I think so. Or maybe my image installation was corrupted... I hope you will understand it now, I am sorry...

Edited by daveraver, 1 February 2021 - 05:56.

Re: softcam problem formuler f1 pli8.0 release #8 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,519 posts

+1,734
Excellent

Posted 1 February 2021 - 14:08

No, sorry. ;)

Are you actually changing the selected softcam on the client, or do you mean the protocol used in the Oscam reader ?

What is "the system"? The client box? And where do you see it is still "looking for a cline" (which is something that doesn't exist in Oscam).

Re: softcam problem formuler f1 pli8.0 release #9 daveraver

• 412 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 1 February 2021 - 15:05

I look in ecm info in softcam panel, changing from cccam 2.3.0 to oscam r11678, staying on oscam, on ecm info I see how is looking for reader cs378x on oscam, right, and it look for cline on CCcam 2.3.0 periodically, wrong.

is it a softcam panel bug or is a bug produced by bad image installation. I have made 3 instalations of 8.0 release, separated by some days and I always saw problems with cams but last time I saw what happened, what I try to explain to you.

it is as the two cam were working alternatively...or cccam has not been stopped.

regards,

Edited by daveraver, 1 February 2021 - 15:10.

Re: softcam problem formuler f1 pli8.0 release #10 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,519 posts

+1,734
Excellent

Posted 1 February 2021 - 15:48

If the ecm output alternates between CCcam and Oscam, It looks like CCcam is still running.

We know there are issues with glibc, which on MIPS boxes has the problem that sometimes killing a process fails. We're working on that in develop, but still testing solutions.

Re: softcam problem formuler f1 pli8.0 release #11 daveraver

• 412 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 1 February 2021 - 19:56

ok thank you, it would be good to know any news about this issue. any way I will try to update some time any try it too again. in my opinion maybe the change of cam is too fast, but it goes as fast as 7.3 and it works, I guess you have to adapt the code to new libraries... well, thank for the development, openpli team.

regards

Edited by daveraver, 1 February 2021 - 20:01.

Re: softcam problem formuler f1 pli8.0 release #12 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,070 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 2 February 2021 - 06:53

Switching from a softcam to another one is not always working properly on OpenPLi.

You should better adapt the different /etc/init.d/softcam* scripts to ensure that the softcam you swtich between are properly killed.

Check that you don't have both softcam running with:

ps | grep -i oscam | grep -v grep
ps | grep -i cccam | grep -v grep

if both commands returns something than you have both softcam running at the same time, which is bad.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: softcam problem formuler f1 pli8.0 release #13 daveraver

• 412 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 2 February 2021 - 09:35

I have never been in this case before. could it be fixed on the same image release or can I fix some way modifing the code? which modification have to do on softcam scripts? I think I saw some comment about it and how to modify the scripts. I will look for the script modifications on forum, but it is first time it happens with my boxes.

regards

Re: softcam problem formuler f1 pli8.0 release #14 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,070 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 3 February 2021 - 13:34

First check what is happening when switching from Softcam to be sure that the stop process is properly executed and that you don't have 2 running softcam.

I am no longer following the OScam development now but I think I saw once that someone incorporate the ability to OScam to natively read the cccam config file so if you place both the OScam and CCcam config file into the same folder then it is possible that OScam is just reading the cccam.cfg file too. This can also explain why you have your cccam line active while you are in OScam.

So be sure to have dedicated folder for you OScam and CCcam files and don't mix both in the same folder.

Then you need to adapt the softcam script to point to the right configuration folder.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: softcam problem formuler f1 pli8.0 release #15 daveraver

• 412 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 15 February 2021 - 09:57

the cccam is closed when I change to oscam, but the softcam panel on ecm info show how is changing from oscam cline to cccam cline, it alternates between the two cam system. maybe the problems with library on mips system that wanwizard talked about. has the glibc been changed from openpli 7.3 to 8.0? I have to check my vuplus zero 4k, I think it happenns too on the arm box, I will check it again this week.

Edited by daveraver, 15 February 2021 - 10:00.

Re: softcam problem formuler f1 pli8.0 release #16 daveraver

• 412 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 17 February 2021 - 15:39

Hi mates, cccam doesnt work since February 15th update. the start up to stand by setting give up working too with the last 8.0 release.

I hope you were on the right way to solve the softcam issue, thank you anyway for you time, I hope a solution will be found .. greetings

Re: softcam problem formuler f1 pli8.0 release #17 daveraver

• 412 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 17 February 2021 - 21:26

I just want to know if I am right or wrong with I am saying... regards

Re: softcam problem formuler f1 pli8.0 release #18 daveraver

• 412 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 21 February 2021 - 10:25

I check it today with vu+ zero 4k and it works right, not as formuler 1 where the problem persists... greetings

Re: softcam problem formuler f1 pli8.0 release #19 daveraver

• 412 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 25 February 2021 - 09:17

On formuler f1, february 22th 8.0 release, cccam is working but not right, the behaviour is the same as described before. Could anyone explain what did it changed from 7.3 version to 8.0 one? The library glibc is not the same?

Re: softcam problem formuler f1 pli8.0 release #20 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,519 posts

+1,734
Excellent

Posted 25 February 2021 - 16:07

glibc is definitely not the same, 8.0 is 3 OE versions newer than 7.3.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users