reboot in debug mode

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 daveraver

• 412 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 21 February 2021 - 19:50

I do on menu reboot in debug mode by mistake and the box stopped on deep standby and I start with power key and returns to deep standby. Is there some code problem? I had activated startup to standby. vu+ zero 4k. I think only is posible to recover the box reinstalling the image.

regards.

Edited by daveraver, 21 February 2021 - 19:59.

Re: reboot in debug mode #2 s3n0

• 641 posts

+62
Good

Posted 21 February 2021 - 20:57

Hi.

Test whether at least DEBUG mode works via the shell / command line:

init 4; sleep 5; ENIGMA_DEBUG_LVL=4 enigma2     # stop, wait 5 sec, and then start Enigma again in debug-log output to stdout

Re: reboot in debug mode #3 daveraver

• 412 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 21 February 2021 - 22:54

ok, good to know it. I just said that I leave my box KO doing the menu operation. Really a no predicted situation in image code, I think so

Edited by daveraver, 21 February 2021 - 22:54.

Re: reboot in debug mode #4 s3n0

• 641 posts

+62
Good

Posted 22 February 2021 - 13:24

I guess I don't understand you. Please write again what the problem is. If you perform any operations in the GUI MENU, will your box remain frozen ?

Re: reboot in debug mode #5 daveraver

• 412 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 22 February 2021 - 21:39

the box goes to deep standby and pressing power button it starts and goes again to deep standby, it never starts up completely.

Edited by daveraver, 22 February 2021 - 21:40.

Re: reboot in debug mode #6 Aliraza63

• PLi® Tester
  • 250 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 23 February 2021 - 04:57

the box goes to deep standby and pressing power button it starts and goes again to deep standby, it never starts up completely.

If you visited  it 

https://wiki.openpli.org/Problems_and_Solutions#:~:text=As%20of%20OpenPLi%207.1%20you,won't%20see%20this).

Did you try to reinstall image ? 

DM-900 ,DM-520, Vu+Duo2

Re: reboot in debug mode #7 s3n0

• 641 posts

+62
Good

Posted 23 February 2021 - 13:01

So... if I understand correctly, any attempt to boot your OpenPLi Enigma will not complete... but on the contrary, after booting, the OpenPLi Enigma will immediately start switching back to deep standby and then stay in that deep standby ?

Is that how I wrote ?

That's quite a problem. In deep standby mode, it is not possible to use the Linux Shell (terminal connection - Telnet or SSH protocol, for example via a PuTTY application). The deep standby mode is basically a shut down hardware set top box. In this case, only the power supply module is active, which expects a signal to start the electronics in the set-top box (via the RCU or via the button on the front panel of the device). But you certainly know that, too.

If you want to work and test this problem, maybe the RS232 interface could help (which of course your Vu+ device have). RS232 in your case is connected via RJ12 connector. This is a basic serial null-modem cable connection (only 2 signals Rx + Tx and of course GND / shielding are used). If you connect the Vu+ device to your PC via RS232 and you watch the events in the PuTTY terminal, then in theory your Vu+ device will send debug messages to your PC. However, it is a more complex diagnostics (suitable setting of the RS232 communication interface is required).

Attached Files

Edited by s3n0, 23 February 2021 - 13:11.

Re: reboot in debug mode #8 s3n0

• 641 posts

+62
Good

Posted 23 February 2021 - 13:36

Or I can still think of one thought / idea... if you manage to stop your Enigma OpenPLi while the device is booting, it could work. I don't know much about the code and the OpenPLi principle, but maybe it would be possible to stop the Enigma startup process if you manage to do it in Shell (PuTTY terminal):

1. turn on the set-top box
2. try to connect to your set-top box repeatedly using PuTTY application (Telnet or SSH)
3. as soon as you manage to connect, then repeat the command in Shell that stops Enigma:

init 4

- or for a more drastic and forced stop of the Enigma (sometimes this can damage the functional Enigma), repeat this:

killall -9 enigma2

4. when Enigma is stopped and when Linux is booted in your set-top box, it can check via FTP connection whether any debug-log files are being created and look at them (or copy them to your PC)

- it can also try to run OpenPLi Enigma as mentioned above - via Shell, and then watch the debug log:

ENIGMA_DEBUG_LVL=4 enigma2

Re: reboot in debug mode #9 daveraver

• 412 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 23 February 2021 - 17:53

I am sorry, the problem came from a bad manipulation of library libstdc++.so.6.0.22 to get working cccam 2.3.8, I have realised now when I do the same on the box in front of my tv, the last day I setup this remotely and now repeating the same I have realise about it. I apologize for it. thank you for all your assistance, regards

Edited by daveraver, 23 February 2021 - 17:56.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users