←  [EN] Enduser support

Forums

»

Install actual WebIf in 7.3

alabama's Photo alabama 23 Feb 2021

Good Morning,

because I would like to stay with OpenPLi 7.3 on my Zgemma H7 (hbbtv) and because the currently installed OpenWebIF 1.39 contains an error that prevents the operation of the WebIF of the "Serienrecorder", I would like to install the current version 1.43 of the OpenWebIF.
Is that a problem?

Or can you make the current version available on the feed?

Thanks for help :)

mimisiku's Photo mimisiku 23 Feb 2021

I can't tell. For as far as I known this new version is for VTi (VU+ boxes) only... You could make a full backup and try to install this version 1.4.3. If it runs: nice!! If it doesn't, restore your backup

WanWizard's Photo WanWizard 23 Feb 2021

You can not upgrade OpenWebif in OpenPLi 7, unless you're a skilled python progammer. Newer versions are not compatible with the Python version in OE Pyro (on which OpenPLi 7 is based).

alabama's Photo alabama 23 Feb 2021

@WanWizard
Thank you for answer.
This is a pity.

alabama's Photo alabama 16 Mar 2021

You can not upgrade OpenWebif in OpenPLi 7, unless you're a skilled python progammer. Newer versions are not compatible with the Python version in OE Pyro (on which OpenPLi 7 is based).

@WanWizard

Where can I get an older version z.B. e.g. 1.3.8 of OpenWebIF?

WanWizard's Photo WanWizard 16 Mar 2021

OpenWebif doesn't release versions.

If you want to have a specific version, you need to find the corresponding commit in their repository (https://github.com/E...lugin-OpenWebif) and install it from source. You need to know what you're doing for that.

dragnan's Photo dragnan 16 Mar 2021

I modded a version of webif. It works for me  maybe it works for you too?

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

alabama's Photo alabama 17 Mar 2021

Thanks at all :)

The two WebIF versions 1.39 & 1.40 are not running (bug) with the new WebIF of my (hot loved) serienrecorder-plugin.

The MDXDave/ModernWebif doesn't run too with it :(

With the newest versions 1.42 to 1.44, serienrecorder webIF runs - but not with PLi 7.3.

@dragnan: Thanks for your link - but I can't download it - no rights...

@WanWizard: How can I install an older version of e2openplugin-OpenWebif from Github :)? Have you a link? I would like to test the attached version:

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.38.JPG   17.01KB   5 downloads

Edited by alabama, 17 March 2021 - 06:34.

@dragnan:
Thank you, I got it.
I'll test the *.ipk this afternoon �

dragnan's Photo dragnan 17 Mar 2021

I use it with openpli 8 on my vu ultimo 4k. openwebif works bad with dreamdroid - but webif would not run without removing a little bit of code.

dragnan's Photo dragnan 17 Mar 2021

In config, just set it up to run on another port than owif

@dragnan

Thank you, your web control works wonderful with the serienrecorder WebIF and I can (because of PLi 7.3) use HbbTV.
At first I made the mistake of uninstalling OpenWebIF ...
After I installed Web Control in addition to OpenWebIF and changed the port, everything worked fine. :thumbs-up:

WanWizard's Photo WanWizard 17 Mar 2021

Have you provided the feedback to the OpenWebif Guys? If there is indeed a bug, it needs fixing, not worked around only in your personal copy...

Have you provided the feedback to the OpenWebif Guys? If there is indeed a bug, it needs fixing, not worked around only in your personal copy...

The Bug was (according to MacDisein -> see attached file) only in versions 1.39 or 1.40.

Attached File  SerRecWebIF-Bug.JPG   56.25KB   3 downloads

In 1.41, the bug was fixed.

You can not upgrade OpenWebif in OpenPLi 7, unless you're a skilled python progammer. Newer versions are not compatible with the Python version in OE Pyro (on which OpenPLi 7 is based).

You wrote, that I can't use version 1.41 in OpenPLI 7.3, so I have to use an older verion of OpenWebIF. But I can't get it...

WanWizard's Photo WanWizard 17 Mar 2021

OpenPLi 7.3 has the latest OpenWebIf that can still run on it, so upgrading is indeed not an option.

As there is no reason not to run OpenPLi 8 on a Zgemma H7, I don't see the problem.

alabama's Photo alabama 18 Mar 2021

OpenPLi 7.3 has the latest OpenWebIf that can still run on it, so upgrading is indeed not an option.

As there is no reason not to run OpenPLi 8 on a Zgemma H7, I don't see the problem.

Thank you for your tireless work on the project :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up:

HbbTV is very important to me in my daily TV habits.

I don't want to do without it or use the function via an additional device.

It mainly affects, not the Zgemma Box as written above, but the vusolo2 - same problem.

Thank you again for your effort.

... by the way, with which box does HbbTV currently work with OpenPLI 8?

Edited by alabama, 18 March 2021 - 06:32.

dragnan's Photo dragnan 18 Mar 2021

@dragnan

Thank you, your web control works wonderful with the serienrecorder WebIF and I can (because of PLi 7.3) use HbbTV.
At first I made the mistake of uninstalling OpenWebIF ...
After I installed Web Control in addition to OpenWebIF and changed the port, everything worked fine. :thumbs-up:

I'm happy to help. 

WanWizard's Photo WanWizard 18 Mar 2021

... by the way, with which box does HbbTV currently work with OpenPLI 8?

No idea. I don't use it as no broadcaster uses it here.

The problem with HbbTV is that the solutions are vendor specific, closed source because it is licensed software, and no vendor does any maintenance on it, for example to maintain its enigma integration.

Some other images have worked around this by using a solution from one vendor for all others, but since it is not open source and it violates the license, we will not do that.

alabama's Photo alabama 18 Mar 2021

I understand this.

Thank you very much.