Foto

Script reboot

• Please log in to reply
Er zijn 5 reacties in dit onderwerp

#1 ziogion

• 5 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 26 februari 2021 - 12:06

I would like to know how to create a script to reboot at 5:00 to restart the decoder, can anyone help me? I use the OPENPLI 7.3 on decoder vu + latest 4K

Re: Script reboot #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68309 berichten

+1719
Excellent

Geplaatst op 26 februari 2021 - 15:49

Why would you want to do that, simply restarting it without a proper shutdown isn't a good idea anyway.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Script reboot #3 Pike_Bishop

• 1120 berichten

+72
Good

Geplaatst op 26 februari 2021 - 16:52

Hi,

normally it is simple, you need only a script with the command reboot and a cronjob that start this script at 5:00, but @WanWizard is right this is n't a good idea.

you need at least a loop in the script that is looking if a record is running and if a record is running it didn't restart your box but makes a sleep and try it again if the sleep is expired

and that while as far as no record is running - is it that what you want ?

that is anyway doable.

regards

Pike

Veranderd door Pike_Bishop, 26 februari 2021 - 16:53

Receiver: VU Ultimo 4K, Octagon SF8008 4K, Gigablue Quad 4K

Image: OpenPLI-8.3

Re: Script reboot #4 DinDin

• 33 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 22 april 2022 - 17:50

I came across this topic after problems, that i had with my old VU Solo SE reappeared on VU Uno 4K.

The old box worked fine for quite some time, then all of the sudden it started to hang itself every single day. No firmware update helps, it simpy stops responding on the LAN, pressing button on remote makes the light blink, but nothing else happens so i must pull the plug to reset it. Then it works again for approximately a day. The box was used for streaming to clients over LAN. 

Then i bought new VU UNO 4K that worked fine for maybe a year or two, but now in the last two months it started to make completly the same problems as old SOLO SE. Firmware update doesn't help. How is that even possible?

OpenPLi 8.1-release (2022-01-20-release-8.1)

I was thinking about implementing daily reboot option if this would help in anyway, how to implement this properly?  I already have power socket connected to the internet to reboot it the hard way.

Regards

Daniel

Re: Script reboot #5 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9967 berichten

+335
Excellent

Geplaatst op 23 april 2022 - 08:38

Firmware update doesn't help.

Flash new image?

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: Script reboot #6 DinDin

• 33 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 23 april 2022 - 08:59

Also tried that, but with backup. I will try one more time without backup and then i'm out of ideas..

1 gebruiker(s) lezen dit onderwerp

0 leden, 1 bezoekers, 0 anonieme gebruikers