OpenPli 8.0 Vu+ Zero

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ruijmnunes

• 6 posts

Neutral

Posted 3 March 2021 - 10:14

Hello

I buy a new Vu+ Zero rev2, but when i try flash the OpenPli 8.0 image don't boot.

If i have the BH image flashed and try flash OpenPli 8.0 Stuck in logo of BH.

I try with OpenPli 7.3, BH and OpenATV images and run well.

Try the last image openpli-8.0-release-vuzero-20210301_usb

Any help?

Thanks

Re: OpenPli 8.0 Vu+ Zero #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,301 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 3 March 2021 - 13:08

There are some reports that the automatic reboot after the flash doesn't work, but if you then switch it off, and back on, it does boot.

Did you try that?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: OpenPli 8.0 Vu+ Zero #3 ruijmnunes

• 6 posts

Neutral

Posted 3 March 2021 - 13:40

There are some reports that the automatic reboot after the flash doesn't work, but if you then switch it off, and back on, it does boot.

Did you try that?

Hi

I don´t use the automatic reboot. I power off and remove the pen when completed the WHITE L.E.D will flash rapidly.

Whith others image work good. Only with OpenPli 8.0 have this problem.

Thanks

Re: OpenPli 8.0 Vu+ Zero #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,301 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 3 March 2021 - 14:04

I don't have a rev 2, only the original zero.

I have just flashed it with the 20210301 image, and I have the same problem. I did test it with OpenPLi 8 back in January, without any problem. And as releases are frozen, no clue at the moment what the problem is.

What I did notice, it that normally the flash takes 2-4 minutes, but this finished a lot sooner, and the white led started flashing, but not rapidly, only once a second. So something isn't right.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: OpenPli 8.0 Vu+ Zero #5 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,301 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 3 March 2021 - 14:47

OpenPLi 7.3 flashes fine, I've used the flash image option in the menu to flash the latest 8.0-release. That flashes fine, but also doesn't start on reboot.

However, if I switch the box off, remove the USB stick, and switch it back on, it does start fine. Not sure if this is related to the switch-off, or to the removal of the USB stick.

If I examine the USB stick (that I have formatted before I copied 7.3 on it), it reports it is damaged.

Some bootloaders don't properly dismount USB sticks, leaving the FAT filesystem in a damaged state. I wonder if the bootloader is hanging because of a damaged filesystem, which it checks to see if it has an image it should flash?

Re: OpenPli 8.0 Vu+ Zero #6 ruijmnunes

• 6 posts

Neutral

Posted 3 March 2021 - 14:50

OpenPLi 7.3 flashes fine, I've used the flash image option in the menu to flash the latest 8.0-release. That flashes fine, but also doesn't start on reboot.

However, if I switch the box off, remove the USB stick, and switch it back on, it does start fine. Not sure if this is related to the switch-off, or to the removal of the USB stick.

So that means that from 7.3 I can put 8.0?

Even without the reboot running i switch off and power on

Re: OpenPli 8.0 Vu+ Zero #7 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,301 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 3 March 2021 - 14:57

I've updated my post. It could very well be this is the same problem as when you flash 8.0 using the USB stick.

Re: OpenPli 8.0 Vu+ Zero #8 ruijmnunes

• 6 posts

Neutral

Posted 4 March 2021 - 12:33

Hi

I confirm that you flash when you have 7.3 to 8.0 need only a manual reboot and work good!

What difference to the Dev image?

Re: OpenPli 8.0 Vu+ Zero #9 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,301 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 4 March 2021 - 13:49

The develop image is a nightly build that contains all changes we make, and will become the next release, eventually.

Note that these changes may also break things, so we suggest not to use it on the box the wife uses to watch the daily soap... :D :ph34r:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users