Photo

OpenPLi and Network tools

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 tigrousad

• 64 posts

Neutral

Posted 7 March 2021 - 12:35

Why can't find pannel or menu list to work on network tools (telnet, ftp, smba, openvpn..) like we can find in openAtv for example?!!
Thank you

Re: OpenPLi and Network tools #2 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,070 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 7 March 2021 - 12:54

Because in Openpli we don't install tools that many people don't need. It's up to you to install the plugin that you really need in OpenPLi.

That's one of the main difference between OpenPLi and the other images that pre-install many plugins.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: OpenPLi and Network tools #3 tigrousad

• 64 posts

Neutral

Posted 7 March 2021 - 13:39

thanks, but with the advancement of use much more streaming and plugins that work purely through the network... you will have to see what "many" people and what they lately need.

Re: OpenPLi and Network tools #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 7 March 2021 - 14:22

What exactly do you need in terms of "tools" to aid streaming? None of the ones you mentioned are relevant for that?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: OpenPLi and Network tools #5 tigrousad

• 64 posts

Neutral

Posted 7 March 2021 - 14:31

What exactly do you need in terms of "tools" to aid streaming? None of the ones you mentioned are relevant for that?

some iptv providers are not allowed in some countries for example... so in image users are in need to switch start stop openvpn 

so the "many" users have not knowldge to do that with codes and comands ..that's all.

Re: OpenPLi and Network tools #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 7 March 2021 - 14:35

We're not in the business of promoting illegal activities, it is that simple. If you want that, you'll have to put the effort in yourself.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: OpenPLi and Network tools #7 tigrousad

• 64 posts

Neutral

Posted 7 March 2021 - 18:03

illegal?! apparently you are trying to misunderstand me .. I just suggested display on pannel or on menu a feature that exists! .. and not inventing one!
Ok sorry for my thread..

Re: OpenPLi and Network tools #8 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 7 March 2021 - 20:28

My point was that you need those features to watch streams from TV providers, so you don't have to pay a subscription fee.

That is not only illegal, it causes providers to take more measures to increase security, and increase subscription prices, ruining the hobby for the rest of us..

Re: OpenPLi and Network tools #9 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,070 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 8 March 2021 - 21:20

You are perhaps refering to geoblocking of some replay service for provider. But there is no real plugin for the STB to use them so OpenVPN is not a full solution to work-around this.

Better to use VPN on your PC with a Chromecast module and watch it on your TV.

There is no really efficient support for channels Replay on our STB.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: OpenPLi and Network tools #10 Pike_Bishop

• 1,130 posts

+72
Good

Posted 8 March 2021 - 23:45

Hi,

for openvpn you can use the plugin here;

https://forums.openp...dpost&p=1283538

it works good and it can start openvpn automatically.

it's also a good idea to read the complete thread in the link which i posted.

regards

Pike

Edited by Pike_Bishop, 8 March 2021 - 23:46.

Receiver: VU Ultimo 4K, Octagon SF8008 4K, Gigablue Quad 4K

Image: OpenPLI-8.3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users