SignalMeter

• Please log in to reply
Er zijn 11 reacties in dit onderwerp

#1 Gerry55

• 12 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 13 mei 2021 - 12:17

Hi to all

Would it be possible for someone to help me please.

I am running OpenPLi 8.0 and its running perfectly apart from one thing.

I have an app on my phone that allows me to see my Vu+ Ultimo 4k reception  from the garden, but it refuses to work with the OpenPli image though it works perfectly with other images OpenATV for one.

So I had to temporary install OpenATV to get it to work, adjust the dish then reinstall OpenPLi bit of a faff but worth it!

The app is called SignalMeter

Is there a setting in OpenPLi that will allows this to work?

Re: SignalMeter #2 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5781 berichten

+186
Excellent

Geplaatst op 13 mei 2021 - 13:28

Why not use the signal meter in Webif https://wiki.openpli...e_Web_Interface of https://wiki.openpli...meter_needed.3F then you there is not need of any apps.

Hardware: Vu+ Uno 4K SE - Vu+ Duo 4K  - Fuba 78 cm - Tripleblock LNB Quad 19.2/23.5/28.2 - DS918+
Software : OpenPLi - OSCam - Settings van Hans - Autotimer - EPGImport

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember: Upvote with the rep_up.png button for any user/post you find to be helpful, informative, or deserving of recognition!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki

Note: I do not provide support via PM !.

Re: SignalMeter #3 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68303 berichten

+1718
Excellent

Geplaatst op 13 mei 2021 - 14:17

Afaik all those apps use the OpenWebif API, and we have the same as ATV uses.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: SignalMeter #4 Gerry55

• 12 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 13 mei 2021 - 14:22

Hi

Thanks for the info.

But how will this help with SignalMeter I can stand in the garden, with my phone and see the reception reading in my Vu+ Ultimo 4k to adjust the Dish?

Re: SignalMeter #5 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68303 berichten

+1718
Excellent

Geplaatst op 13 mei 2021 - 14:25

Which app exactly is that? For which phone? I see on Android "Enigma signal meter", that one?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: SignalMeter #6 Gerry55

• 12 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 13 mei 2021 - 14:59

I installed it from the playstore  to my Samsung phone its called Enigma Signal Meter-Sat finder

Re: SignalMeter #7 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68303 berichten

+1718
Excellent

Geplaatst op 13 mei 2021 - 15:08

That's the one I meant, yes.

Installed it, works fine here:

Bijlage  Screenshot_20210513_150639_com.krkadoni.app.signalmeter.jpg   51,3K   1 Aantal bijlagen

Perhaps a password issue?

Re: SignalMeter #8 Gerry55

• 12 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 13 mei 2021 - 15:17

And my next question is why does it work on your phone on OpenPLi and not mine.

I have two Samsung phones different models with the same problem but not with OpenATV

Re: SignalMeter #9 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5781 berichten

+186
Excellent

Geplaatst op 13 mei 2021 - 15:29

Hi

Thanks for the info.

But how will this help with SignalMeter I can stand in the garden, with my phone and see the reception reading in my Vu+ Ultimo 4k to adjust the Dish?

Yes that's how I do it, using the signal meter in Webif, so you don't need any apps just use Webif https://wiki.openpli...meter_needed.3F

So on your (Samsung) phone type in the webbrowser (ofcourse you must be able to access your receiver, so in the same subnet)

http://IP address receiver/mobile/satfinder 

Hardware: Vu+ Uno 4K SE - Vu+ Duo 4K  - Fuba 78 cm - Tripleblock LNB Quad 19.2/23.5/28.2 - DS918+
Software : OpenPLi - OSCam - Settings van Hans - Autotimer - EPGImport

Remember: Upvote with the rep_up.png button for any user/post you find to be helpful, informative, or deserving of recognition!

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki

Note: I do not provide support via PM !.

Re: SignalMeter #10 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68303 berichten

+1718
Excellent

Geplaatst op 13 mei 2021 - 15:29

And my next question is why does it work on your phone on OpenPLi and not mine.

I don't know.

I don't have a password on the web interface, and I only entered IP address and port 80. Then press "Connect".

Re: SignalMeter #11 Gerry55

• 12 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 13 mei 2021 - 16:30

In a roundabout way you have fixed my problem it was the web address that was incorrect OpenPLi was set at 70 and OpenATV was set to 80 just bad luck on my part!

SignalMeter now works

Thanks for the Help

Re: SignalMeter #12 FRAP

• 329 berichten

+23
Neutral

Geplaatst op 20 mei 2021 - 18:55

I use this app DMSatFinder! It's lightweight and doesn't take up much memory on your phone. There are no ads and it doesn't spy.

DMSatFinder
Lukasz Modlinski

Privacy and permissions
DMSatFinder respects your privacy. It only requires network access to establish connection with satellite receiver. Unlike most of free applications it is not interested in accessing your Contacts, Emails, SMS messages or any other personal data. So you have nothing to worry about.

Alcohol for wimps. Strong people enjoy depression.

1 gebruiker(s) lezen dit onderwerp

0 leden, 1 bezoekers, 0 anonieme gebruikers