VU+ DUO 4K SE, pcsc and oscam

oscam pcsc

• Please log in to reply
Er zijn 19 reacties in dit onderwerp

#1 SatRider

• 16 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 16 mei 2021 - 11:23

I'm (almost!) desperate, I just got my new VU+ DUO 4k SE and I can't get an external Onmikey card reader to work.

With OpenPli I've installed pcscd and it works fine (reader & card detected), BUT, I'm unable to find a oscam with pcsc that works.
Does anybody know if oscam for OpenPli 8.0 with pcsc is available somewere? Any oscam version (well...few years old..).

I've tried to build oscam using SimpleBuild Script (I'm not an expert in crosscompiling) with no success, it's not clear to me what toolchain to use for OpenPli 8.0, or if it's available at all in SimpleBuild.
Is there a "receipe" to build oscam for Openpli 8.0? What's the correct toolchain o use?

Thank you in advance for any hint.

Veranderd door SatRider, 16 mei 2021 - 11:24

Re: VU+ DUO 4K SE, pcsc and oscam #2 mimisiku

• 5458 berichten

+114
Excellent

Geplaatst op 16 mei 2021 - 12:30

SimpleBuild can build for pcsc, I build them regularly...OpenPli uses OpenSSL 1.1.1 and this needs to be configured in the ToolChain... Works fine here..
Met één been in het graf..... Helaas

Re: VU+ DUO 4K SE, pcsc and oscam #3 SatRider

• 16 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 16 mei 2021 - 12:34

SimpleBuild can build for pcsc, I build them regularly...OpenPli uses OpenSSL 1.1.1 and this needs to be configured in the ToolChain... Works fine here..

Thank you for the response, can you please tell me what toolchain (name) are you using?

Re: VU+ DUO 4K SE, pcsc and oscam #4 mimisiku

• 5458 berichten

+114
Excellent

Geplaatst op 16 mei 2021 - 12:41

I simply took the Dream_Arm Toolchain (since I don't own one) and configured it for OpenPli 8.0.. That works quit well...

Re: VU+ DUO 4K SE, pcsc and oscam #5 SatRider

• 16 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 16 mei 2021 - 13:30

I simply took the Dream_Arm Toolchain (since I don't own one) and configured it for OpenPli 8.0.. That works quit well...

Nothing, all I get is "Segmentation fault" when I try to run oscam.

What distro are you using to run SimpleBuild? I'm using Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS.

Re: VU+ DUO 4K SE, pcsc and oscam #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68309 berichten

+1719
Excellent

Geplaatst op 16 mei 2021 - 13:42

Do we have the pcsc reader disabled in our build?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: VU+ DUO 4K SE, pcsc and oscam #7 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6046 berichten

+256
Excellent

Geplaatst op 16 mei 2021 - 13:46

You can give a try to this one:

https://we.tl/t-9zGYs7gI8C

Unpack it into: simplebuild_folder/support/toolchains

You will have a folder /support/toolchains/solo4k/ with all the files.

Veranderd door Pr2, 16 mei 2021 - 13:47

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: VU+ DUO 4K SE, pcsc and oscam #8 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68309 berichten

+1719
Excellent

Geplaatst op 16 mei 2021 - 13:49

Wouldn't it be easier to just enable pcsc in our build?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: VU+ DUO 4K SE, pcsc and oscam #9 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6046 berichten

+256
Excellent

Geplaatst op 16 mei 2021 - 14:12

Yes but you then need to force libpcsc and libusb installation.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

Re: VU+ DUO 4K SE, pcsc and oscam #10 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68309 berichten

+1719
Excellent

Geplaatst op 16 mei 2021 - 14:15

Mmmm... Not looking forward to add that dependency, as most don't need it.

I'd rather just enable the reader, and tell the occasional user to install both if they want to use it.

Re: VU+ DUO 4K SE, pcsc and oscam #11 mimisiku

• 5458 berichten

+114
Excellent

Geplaatst op 16 mei 2021 - 14:16

Well, how many users still use PCSC readers?

Re: VU+ DUO 4K SE, pcsc and oscam #12 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6046 berichten

+256
Excellent

Geplaatst op 16 mei 2021 - 14:20

No OScam won't start if the lib are not found. So not that so simple.
Or provide a second OScam with external readers enabled and then install dependencies.
But the easiest solution is to setup a Raspberry PI on which you can natively build your OScam with the options that you want enabled.

Re: VU+ DUO 4K SE, pcsc and oscam #13 mimisiku

• 5458 berichten

+114
Excellent

Geplaatst op 16 mei 2021 - 14:40

And that's exactly what I do :)
The RasPi is used as a cardserver for 4 cards
I use a small Netbook with LTSUbuntu 18.4 with SimpleBuild. Toolchains are compiled on them for all possible platforms... Armhf, Mipsel and SH4.... OScam binaries for my Ultimo4K, DM525-Combo, Xsarius Galaxy4K, SoloSE v2 and Zero4K...

Re: VU+ DUO 4K SE, pcsc and oscam #14 SatRider

• 16 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 17 mei 2021 - 01:06

Well, how many users still use PCSC readers?

Well, I have 2 cards, my box has one sc reader, I assumed that adding an external reader (note, I already had a spare Omnikey reader) was a trivial thing. My bad?

Yes but you then need to force libpcsc and libusb installation.

It looks like libusb it is included in OpenPli 8.0, in /lib I can find: /lib/libusb-0.1.so.4, /lib/libusb-0.1.so.4.4.4, /lib/libusb-1.0.so.0, /lib/libusb-1.0.so.0.1.0, am I wrong?

I'm not sure what's libpcsc, I know that pcsc-lite package it's available/installable via opkg, is libpcsc really required? Does it exists?

I don't understand why pcsc-lite is available as opkg package but not an oscam with pcsc.

I'm still struggling in building oscam, I have now set up an Ubuntu 18.04 vm...but still all I get is "Segmentation fault"

Re: VU+ DUO 4K SE, pcsc and oscam #15 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6046 berichten

+256
Excellent

Geplaatst op 17 mei 2021 - 09:37

libusb is indeed installed but not pcsc-lite so you need to install it.

opkg install libpcsclite1

Please give a try to the version I just compiled for you: Bijlage  oscam-svn11693-solo4k-webif-dvbapi-ssl-libusb-pcsc.zip   717,6K   21 Aantal bijlagen

Re: VU+ DUO 4K SE, pcsc and oscam #16 SatRider

• 16 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 17 mei 2021 - 11:56

Thank you so much Pr2!

Unfortunately....still no luck :(

In fact, last night I realized that when I build oscam the "normal" bin crash (Segmentation fault) BUT, to my surprise, the .debug bin works....or...at least kind of.

Anyway, I tested your build, first I had to copy/install libssl.so.0.9.8 and libcrypto.so.0.9.8 (not used in my build), after that it runs.....at least kind of, exactly the same as my .debug build.

Here is the problem, for testing pcsc I stop/kill the pcscd deamon and then I start it in foreground with debug option from terminal with:
/usr/sbin/pcscd -fd

In this way I can see the pcscd debug messages. pcscd starts normally.

Then I start oscam from terminal with:
./oscam-svn11693-solo4k-webif-dvbapi-ssl-libusb-pcsc -b

Here is the problem, the pcscd debug terminal, among MANY other things, shows in red:

00000023 [2864620608] ../../pcsc-lite-1.8.25/src/winscard_svc.c:382:ContextThread() Client protocol is 4:2
00000023 [2864620608] ../../pcsc-lite-1.8.25/src/winscard_svc.c:384:ContextThread() Server protocol is 4:4

There is a protocol (that is pcsc internal protocol) version mismatch between the client (oscam) and the pcscd server/deamon.

Please note that in pcscd protocol changed from 4:3 in version 1.18.23 to 4:4 in version 1.18.24.
OpenPli pcscd deamon is verison 1.8.25, so that's protocol 4:4, evidently oscam is using 4:2.

Using my .debug build I get the very same result, despite the fact that I did update PCSC-Lite library in simplescript to version 1.19.1.

Where is oscam build taking the pcsc library?
Please note that the toolchain you sent me contains PCSC dir with old headers files, in my build I have deleted them, imported the new PCSC-Lite 1.19.1 (using simplescript) and then edited the new headers adding "PCSC/" in front of the math of the pcsc files found in lib/PCSC dir., otherwise oscam won't compile.
But still, it seems oscam is compiled using old version pcsc!

So, the key questions I'm struggling with at the moment are:

1) why when I build oscam the .debug bin works but the "normal" bin does not?
2) where does oscam build takes the pcsc library from?

Veranderd door SatRider, 17 mei 2021 - 12:00

Re: VU+ DUO 4K SE, pcsc and oscam #17 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6046 berichten

+256
Excellent

Geplaatst op 17 mei 2021 - 13:46

This is not an OScam forum you should now go to streamboard to get support for OScam.
OpenPli is providing 1.8.25 version while my OScam is compiled towards 1.9 version this can explain the version mismatch.

I just compiled an OScam for you for testing the goal is not now to troubleshoot all the PCSC issues.

Veranderd door Pr2, 17 mei 2021 - 13:47

Re: VU+ DUO 4K SE, pcsc and oscam #18 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2269 berichten

+118
Excellent

Geplaatst op 17 mei 2021 - 19:51

@SatRider

Try attached openpli-build-env-crosscompiled oscam binary with pcsc support from the attachment,

I suppose it should not has compatibility issues with libpcsclite1 from the feed (?)

Bijgevoegde Bestanden

• Bijlage  oscam.zip   686,42K   15 Aantal bijlagen

True sarcasm doesn't need green font...

Re: VU+ DUO 4K SE, pcsc and oscam #19 SatRider

• 16 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 18 mei 2021 - 01:07

I did it! :)

I want to thank all the members that helped me on this, your help has been precious, really.

Finally I was able to build "my" oscam, with pcsc and it's working fine with my Onlikey external reader with my second card!

I admit that I feel a bit stupid for at least one issue I had, the "Segmentation fault" error using my built "non .debug" oscam!

Guess what? The issue was the #@&% Filezilla client I was using on Linux that, evidently, did not transfer the bin program in binary mode!!! (linux to linux!)

To my defense, I've been using filezilla for YEARS, many years, on windows and never, ever had this kind of issue. Also, the fact that, for whatever reason, the .debug version of the bin file was transferred properly added more confusion.

For the record, the very same (non .debug) executable is transferred properly using filezilla from a windows machine to the Vu+ box.

The protocol mismatch problem was due to some mess up (likely by me, but I'm not 100% sure of origin of it) in the libpcsclite1 library, as correctly pointed out by blzr, that I want to thank for the oscam with pcsc he provided in the above post. I've not tested it, I already installed "my" built one and after days struggling...I'm keeping it :), hopefully it will help other users that need a second/external card reader in VU+ ARM boxes.

OK, it has been a long "battle", nevertheless I enjoyed it (maybe I'm masochist?! ;))....well, at least at the end!  :D 

The ability to build oscam is nice, I doubt I will ever need again in the near future, but it's nice to have some little independence in messing up with my sat box. :)

Once again, thank you all.

SatRider

Re: VU+ DUO 4K SE, pcsc and oscam #20 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5782 berichten

+186
Excellent

Geplaatst op 18 mei 2021 - 08:12

Thanks for reporting back and good to hear it worked, sometimes a simple thing as

chmod 755 oscam

can be overlooked ;)

Hardware: Vu+ Uno 4K SE - Vu+ Duo 4K  - Fuba 78 cm - Tripleblock LNB Quad 19.2/23.5/28.2 - DS918+
Software : OpenPLi - OSCam - Settings van Hans - Autotimer - EPGImport

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember: Upvote with the rep_up.png button for any user/post you find to be helpful, informative, or deserving of recognition!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki

Note: I do not provide support via PM !.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: oscam, pcsc

1 gebruiker(s) lezen dit onderwerp

0 leden, 1 bezoekers, 0 anonieme gebruikers