←  [EN] Enduser support

Forums

»

Channels server in home network

dudule22's Photo dudule22 26 Jun 2021

What is the best way to create a channel server on openpli box (DUO4K) and use these channels on the other box (Os Mio+ 4K),on network home ?

Thanks

mimisiku's Photo mimisiku 26 Jun 2021

Fallback tuner or RemoteStreamConvert…

littlesat's Photo littlesat 26 Jun 2021

Fallback tuner… 

dudule22's Photo dudule22 27 Jun 2021

Thanks

It doesn't work for the moment, probably a bug in the last release of DUO4k (OpenWebIf doesn't work).

From Duo4K i can have the channels lists from the Osmio, but i want the channel list from the DUO4k in the Osmio. In this way it doesn't work.

Frenske's Photo Frenske 27 Jun 2021

I’ve read somewhere in the past that there was an issue with the OWIF.

For the Fallback tuner you don’t need a working OWIF. 

BTW. What issue did you notice with the OWIF? AFAIK this was solved by the team of the open webinterface.

After putting the IP in the browser, i have "Processing Failed"

Then you might experience some weird local networkissue. Try RSC for testing purposes.

I can connect to DUO4K by SFTP using WinSCP with no problem.

Edited by dudule22, 27 June 2021 - 14:39.

WanWizard's Photo WanWizard 27 Jun 2021

That suggests you run a nightly build issue, because in release images, openwebif is never updated. There are no warranties for a nightly build image, it might work, it might not.

yes :)

Did you try RemoteStreamConvertor too?

I will try.and i post results :)

Edited by dudule22, 27 June 2021 - 17:37.

Pr2's Photo Pr2 27 Jun 2021

No the OpenWebif is broken in the latest build.

I have the issue on my Solo4K but fortunately don't upgrade the Duo4K.

We have to wait for the build servers to be back alive to have this fixed.

Or you need to flash the relesase version and not the develop/nightly build.

Edited by Pr2, 27 June 2021 - 18:43.

Like I wrote:

That suggests you run a nightly build issue, because in release images, openwebif is never updated. There are no warranties for a nightly build image, it might work, it might not.

RemoteStreamConvertor works fine and i can transfer on the Osmio, the channels groups from the DUO4K with the the develop/nightly build installed.

And yes there is a bug in openwebif in this release.

I have also a comment of using "the Fallback tuner". When the falback channels groups are transfered the currents channels groups are removed. And when you disconnect the falback tuner you need to restore your currents channels groups.

I test also the OsMio+ 4K ans it is a very good box (only the remote is bad quality). On this box the WLAN works better than on the DUO4K.

Edited by dudule22, 27 June 2021 - 19:30.

There is no "this release". A nightly build comes without any warranty. If you rely on a stable image, don't install the nightly build.

That particular bug is known, and since long fixed. It just happened that the nightly build was compiled between introducing and fixing the bug.

dudule22's Photo dudule22 29 Jun 2021

I upgrade OpenWebif and it works now.

RemoteStreamConvertor works fine to transfer channels groups from DUO4K but the the Fallback tuner doesn't.

Can the falback tuner work with a root password on the channels server ?

gunner41's Photo gunner41 29 Jun 2021

how did you "upgrade" the OpenWebif? Expierincing the same issue here but don't want to flash a new image.

I upgrade OpenWebif and it works now.

RemoteStreamConvertor works fine to transfer channels groups from DUO4K but the the Fallback tuner doesn't.

Can the falback tuner work with a root password on the channels server ?

Frenske's Photo Frenske 29 Jun 2021

What would be the purpose of using a root password for use of the fallback feature? If you don’t want to provide all channels to a remote user then you’d better use RSC. And certainly don’t try to use the Fallback tuner from a remote client outside your network, besides when using VPN.