PLi-FullHD-PLi-FullNightHD

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Guest-*0823016*

• 396 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 8 September 2021 - 12:03

In Italy where I live there are some small things that I have fixed.
As you can see in the original, the writings on the video overlap with those of the TV so I decided to arrange based on what has been said.
I wonder would it not be the case to make it definitive?

Attached Files

Re: PLi-FullHD-PLi-FullNightHD #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,312 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 8 September 2021 - 12:40

I personally see no reason to do this.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: PLi-FullHD-PLi-FullNightHD #3 Guest-*0823016*

• 396 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 8 September 2021 - 12:50

I personally see no reason to do this.

Of course it is always subjective.

Il mio telefono!

Re: PLi-FullHD-PLi-FullNightHD #4 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,609 posts

+211
Excellent

Posted 8 September 2021 - 14:34

You can modify screens and place it into your own files:

/etc/enigma2/skin_user_PLi-FullHD.xml

or

/etc/enigma2/skin_user_PLi-FullNightHD.xml

it is possible for any skin ... /etc/enigma2/skin_user_NAMEOFSTRING.xml

Screens placed in this file have then priority. This files you can backup/restore too.

Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

Re: PLi-FullHD-PLi-FullNightHD #5 Guest-*0823016*

• 396 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 8 September 2021 - 17:19

You can modify screens and place it into your own files:

/etc/enigma2/skin_user_PLi-FullHD.xml
or
/etc/enigma2/skin_user_PLi-FullNightHD.xml

it is possible for any skin ... /etc/enigma2/skin_user_NAMEOFSTRING.xml

Screens placed in this file have then priority. This files you can backup/restore too.

Thanks I already did, mine was an idea.

Il mio telefono!

Re: PLi-FullHD-PLi-FullNightHD #6 hulkman

• 757 posts

+10
Neutral

Posted 13 September 2021 - 18:30

Bravo, well done.

But more is possible.

This is the way I transformed Pli-fullHD skin.

The trick with the pause and timeshift is possible by making changes to InfoBarGenerics.py file.

Attached File  Screenshot 1 direct channel choice small.jpg   63.04KB   16 downloadsAttached File  Screenshot 2 movie player small.jpg   76.22KB   13 downloadsAttached File  Screenshot 3 movie Pause small.jpg   61.11KB   14 downloadsAttached File  Screenshot 4 Timeshift Pause small.jpg   112.56KB   13 downloadsAttached File  Screenshot 5 Timeshift Play small.jpg   112.56KB   11 downloads

Re: PLi-FullHD-PLi-FullNightHD #7 Guest-*0823016*

• 396 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 13 September 2021 - 19:00

Bravo, well done.
But more is possible.
The trick with the pause and timeshift is possible by making changes to InfoBarGenerics.py file.

Good job

krimesis mobile

Re: PLi-FullHD-PLi-FullNightHD #8 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,312 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 13 September 2021 - 21:32

Bravo, well done.

But more is possible.

The trick with the pause and timeshift is possible by making changes to InfoBarGenerics.py file.

Not bad at all, I wouldn't have a problem when this would be added to the standard PLi skins...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: PLi-FullHD-PLi-FullNightHD #9 Guest-*0823016*

• 396 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 13 September 2021 - 21:56

Not bad at all, I wouldn't have a problem when this would be added to the standard PLi skins...

So he makes it a challenge
Mine rejected it.

krimesis mobile

Edited by krimesis, 13 September 2021 - 21:57.

Re: PLi-FullHD-PLi-FullNightHD #10 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,609 posts

+211
Excellent

Posted 13 September 2021 - 22:09

Bravo, well done.

But more is possible.

as new skin, imho

Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

Re: PLi-FullHD-PLi-FullNightHD #11 Guest-*0823016*

• 396 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 13 September 2021 - 22:24

However, everything is possible to "rejuvenate" the timeless PLi skin.

krimesis mobile

Re: PLi-FullHD-PLi-FullNightHD #12 hulkman

• 757 posts

+10
Neutral

Posted 13 September 2021 - 23:02

Well, in my opinion there is a need to place a point behind enigma 2 at the state it is now.
A new enigma 2 must be born and all de crap, nonsens and productive faults left behind we could start a better one from scratch.
Just like the Gemini boys did years a go when they went closed source we should make a new open operating system.
I'm not negative about what we have, but it is lost in space because of the things we have to keep while going on.
There should be a kind of enigma3 taskforce ahead of this. Unluckly this taskforce does not exists as far as I know.

For instance: my contribution to the pause etc. will never be integrated because it won't fit excisting skins, and therefore the contribution to the skin will never be integrated because the change to the .py file will not be made.

It's a circle wich could be broken at this moment because enigma is not evoluating anymore. (My opinion)

But everyone is welkom to use my ideas and even syntax as you wish, I like to share and would be proud if I see someting of it in the basic skin of Pli at anytime or anyway.

Re: PLi-FullHD-PLi-FullNightHD #13 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,312 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 13 September 2021 - 23:17

Mine rejected it.

I personally like his, and not yours. My perogative?

Re: PLi-FullHD-PLi-FullNightHD #14 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,312 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 13 September 2021 - 23:19

A new enigma 2 must be born and all de crap, nonsens and productive faults left behind we could start a better one from scratch

If it was up to me, we would have done that 5 years ago. But it needs the will and the people to do it. Both are lacking at the moment, so if you have a spare tin of C developers on the shelf? ;)

Re: PLi-FullHD-PLi-FullNightHD #15 Guest-*0823016*

• 396 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 13 September 2021 - 23:24

Mine rejected it.

I personally like his, and not yours. My perogative?
I did not say that, whoever is in charge has every right to say what he thinks.

krimesis mobile

Re: PLi-FullHD-PLi-FullNightHD #16 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,312 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 13 September 2021 - 23:25

Ok ;).

Re: PLi-FullHD-PLi-FullNightHD #17 hulkman

• 757 posts

+10
Neutral

Posted 14 September 2021 - 06:22

A new enigma 2 must be born and all de crap, nonsens and productive faults left behind we could start a better one from scratch

If it was up to me, we would have done that 5 years ago. But it needs the will and the people to do it. Both are lacking at the moment, so if you have a spare tin of C developers on the shelf? ;)
If anyone....it would be you Wan. As a thought could there be an development team thats not restricted, who can change what ever they think is needed to clearup things and at the and there's a new enigma?

Re: PLi-FullHD-PLi-FullNightHD #18 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,312 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 14 September 2021 - 06:49

I could design, make functional specs and do project management, but I'm not a developer, I haven't written C in anger for 35 years.

I also don't run the show here, everyone has an equal voice, and everyone else seems to be happy with the status quo, given the appearant fear for breaking backward compatibility.

If it were up to me, and I would be allowed to free-style, I would go for a two-tier design, with a C based headless backend dealing with tuners, cams, epg, recording and streaming, and a html/javascript frontend running in a "browser" providing the GUI, and dealing with display of the video. It could be DRM compliant so no issues with the Netflixes of this world, and it could utilize embedded HbbTV support which is already implemented as a set of javascript class extensions written in C and contains all the logic for interacting with streams.

This would allow for client-server type setups, where you would have like a dual FBC DM8000-type box in the attic with all the CI's doing all the recording, and tunerless boxes running only the frontend behind every TV.

Also, there are a lot more html/javascript frontend developers then there are python coders, so it would open it up to a whole new group of developers.

Re: PLi-FullHD-PLi-FullNightHD #19 Guest-*0823016*

• 396 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 2 May 2022 - 11:38

In Italy where I live there are some small things that I have fixed.
As you can see in the original, the writings on the video overlap with those of the TV so I decided to arrange based on what has been said.
I wonder would it not be the case to make it definitive?

Maybe I understand why so many Italians leave PLi.

Re: PLi-FullHD-PLi-FullNightHD #20 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,312 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 2 May 2022 - 13:20

Why?

Nobody is stopping you from making your own skin, or mod of an existing skin. And if it is compatible and on github, we can even add it to the feed.

Why should we make modifications to the default skin especially for you, for something that doesn't seem to bother anyone else, while your proposed modifications WILL bother other people?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users