Problem mounting hdd from Win 7

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 BadBlake

• 98 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 13 September 2021 - 23:05

Trying to mount shared hdd from my Win 7 computer. What's wrong with these settings?

I'm on Openpli 8.0

Attached Files

Edited by BadBlake, 13 September 2021 - 23:12.

Re: Problem mounting hdd from Win 7 #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 13 September 2021 - 23:16

Local mountpoint is the name of the directory in /media/net you want to mount the share on. A colon is not illegal in Linux, but not advised.

Server share is the sharename you used in Windows (and you can see in Explorer), share names don't use drive letters.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Problem mounting hdd from Win 7 #3 BadBlake

• 98 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 14 September 2021 - 10:46

I've changed the sharename to incoming

I'm not sure what you mean by the name of the directory in media/net (local mountpoint)

The name of the directory that is to be shared is incoming, and the incoming directory is on the d drive of my computer.

Should the local mountpoint be incoming@d?

Well, I tried that but still does not work

Re: Problem mounting hdd from Win 7 #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 14 September 2021 - 15:44

You need to specify under which name it is mounted in the local filesystem of the box. So if you use "somerandomnamehere" as local mountpoint, you will find the files from your share in /media/net/somerandomnamehere.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Problem mounting hdd from Win 7 #5 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,790 posts

+186
Excellent

Posted 14 September 2021 - 18:18

Please read https://wiki.openpli.org/Data_sharing

Hardware: Vu+ Uno 4K SE - Vu+ Duo 4K  - Fuba 78 cm - Tripleblock LNB Quad 19.2/23.5/28.2 - DS918+
Software : OpenPLi - OSCam - Settings van Hans - Autotimer - EPGImport

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember: Upvote with the rep_up.png button for any user/post you find to be helpful, informative, or deserving of recognition!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki

Note: I do not provide support via PM !.

Re: Problem mounting hdd from Win 7 #6 BadBlake

• 98 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 14 September 2021 - 18:20

Can you fill in the blanks in the above attachment -the way it should read?

I want to access the folder called incoming on my computer, which is on the d disk    -d:incoming

Re: Problem mounting hdd from Win 7 #7 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 14 September 2021 - 18:37

You have to start by creating a share for that folder on your Windows machine. How I don't know, haven't used Windows in ages...

Once done, enter the name of that share in the "Server share" field, and any name you fancy in the "Local Mountpoint" field (most people use the same as the name of the share).

Re: Problem mounting hdd from Win 7 #8 BadBlake

• 98 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 14 September 2021 - 21:52

Never mind, I've figured it out. Works great! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users