←  [EN] Enduser support

Forums

»

DVB-T usb drivers?

rdoac's Photo rdoac 14 Jan 2009

Is it possible to port over some of the linux-dvb dvb-t drivers so we can stick a dvb-t usb key thing into a dm800 and watch digital terrestrial stuff? On my EEE PC the whole media directory in /lib/modules/uname/drivers/ is only 6.7MB so it shouldn't add too much.

hemertje's Photo hemertje 14 Jan 2009

not that i'm aware off, you could ask your dealer or the manufacturor directly

? I'm not sure that any dealer or manufactoror will provide a linux driver. However, if someone has a dreambox kernel tree somewhere, compiling them shouldn't be too much hassle.

jonc's Photo jonc 14 Jan 2009

just change the tuner :)

I want to keep the main dvb-s tuner. I just happen to have a linux compatable dvb-t lying around (which used to be in my vdr setup) that I wondered if I could get going in the dm800. I found the regular modules in the normal places for the tuner in the dm800, so guessed adding it wouldn't be too hard.

Does anyone know where I can find a dm800 kernel and cross compling instructions and I'll have a go myself?

pieterg's Photo pieterg 14 Jan 2009

the problem is you have to use kernel version 2.6.12, so in general you can use devices which worked with that version. Backporting is usually timeconsuming.

I'm pretty sure I was using this card way back then. It's from around 2005..