Problems

Crash

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 h.beerlage

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 1 December 2021 - 17:54

I got this message: your STB encountered a software problem. I had to send the logfile /tmp/enigma2_crash.log forum to this forum.

It keeps restarting.

Can anyone help me please?

Re: Problems #2 mimisiku

• 5,458 posts

+114
Excellent

Posted 1 December 2021 - 17:59

Nice info…NOT!

Posted in English in a Dutch part of the forum… Why?

Which Box? Which OpenPli version? And a logfile (or at least a sharp photo of the error) would help…

Met één been in het graf..... Helaas

Re: Problems #3 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,782 posts

+186
Excellent

Posted 1 December 2021 - 18:13

@h.beerlage please post this in the EN (English) part of the forum instead of the Dutch section! Moved all content here.

Hardware: Vu+ Uno 4K SE - Vu+ Duo 4K  - Fuba 78 cm - Tripleblock LNB Quad 19.2/23.5/28.2 - DS918+
Software : OpenPLi - OSCam - Settings van Hans - Autotimer - EPGImport

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember: Upvote with the rep_up.png button for any user/post you find to be helpful, informative, or deserving of recognition!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki

Note: I do not provide support via PM !.

Re: Problems #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 1 December 2021 - 18:58

It displays an error on the green screen (you got 10 seconds to make a photo of it).

There is also a crash log on the box, in /media/hdd, which you can access from your PC if the box is network connected.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Problems #5 s3n0

• 640 posts

+62
Good

Posted 6 December 2021 - 16:06

Hi.

If you know how to connect to the set-top box via PuTTY application (via Telnet or SSH protocol), then try to create a debug-log file, using the Linux Shell. It is better than crash-log and then put it in the discussion:

init 4; sleep 5; killall -9 enigma2; ENIGMA_DEBUG_LVL=4 enigma2 > /media/hdd/e2debug.log 2>&1

To cancel the enigma2 process, simply press CTRL + C (in an open / connected terminal - i.e. in a PuTTY application).

If you are afraid of that, can you at least manage the FTP connection to the set-top box ? You need an FTP client (for example, a good one is built into Total Commander). Then... connect via FTP to your set-top box and find the appropriate crash-log file... as @WanWizard advises.

Edited by s3n0, 6 December 2021 - 16:06.

Re: Problems #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 6 December 2021 - 17:12

You can also create the debug log file by restarting in debug mode.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Problems #7 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,782 posts

+186
Excellent

Posted 6 December 2021 - 18:55

...in addition read here how to go into debug mode https://wiki.openpli...ebugging_Enigma

Hardware: Vu+ Uno 4K SE - Vu+ Duo 4K  - Fuba 78 cm - Tripleblock LNB Quad 19.2/23.5/28.2 - DS918+
Software : OpenPLi - OSCam - Settings van Hans - Autotimer - EPGImport

Remember: Upvote with the rep_up.png button for any user/post you find to be helpful, informative, or deserving of recognition!

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki

Note: I do not provide support via PM !.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Crash

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users