←  [EN] Third-Party Development

Forums

»

Vpn throwing up errors

rhurbarb's Photo rhurbarb 14 Feb 2022

Experimenting with  SurfSharkVPN-Manager here and it's throwing up errors when I try to use the kill switch, these are

missing kernel-module-xt-multport and kernel-module-xt-conntrack. Can this be easily fixed please? Thank you

WanWizard's Photo WanWizard 14 Feb 2022

That would require an update of the BSP by the manufacturer.

Is updating the Bsp the same as software update?

I had seen this on the vu site

Vu+ Duo2 - OI 3.0

vuplus-image-vuduo2-20210527150849_usb.zip

I am running a vu duo 2. would that be the file I should be looking for? Thanks Wanwizard

Edited by rhurbarb, 14 February 2022 - 18:46.

No, that is just another image.

The BSP is the support package from the manufacturer, which contains the linux kernel and the kernel definition file, and all hardware drivers. We don't have write access to it, so VU+ needs to update that.

Sorry I didn't reliese it had shortcuts to the website. apologises

Given the fact the Duo2 runs an antique kernel, have you tried installing iptables-module-xt-multport and iptables-module-xt-conntrack? Both should be available,

Hi, No I have not installed those files.  Do you have a shortcut to these files please? Thanks Wanwizard

Edited by rhurbarb, 14 February 2022 - 22:32.

They are in the feed, so install them either via software management, advanced, package managament (on the box) or using "opkg install" on the commandline.

Will report back tomorrow as it is late now.Thanks WanWizard

rhurbarb's Photo rhurbarb 16 Feb 2022

They are in the feed, so install them either via software management, advanced, package managament (on the box) or using "opkg install" on the commandline.

Hi Wanwizard, Sorry about the delay getting back as I thought a fresh install for this would be a good idea. I tried opkg install kernel-module-xt-multiport and also tried opkg install iptables-module-xt-multport but came back with

Couldn't find anything to satisfy 'kernel-module-xt-multiport'.

Couldn't find anything to satisfy 'iptables-module-xt-multport'.

I went into software management but I can't seem to find advanced listed, only manage extensions. Thanks Wanwizard

Edited by rhurbarb, 16 February 2022 - 07:42.

WanWizard's Photo WanWizard 16 Feb 2022

This is a Vu Duo 2, right? Which which OpenPLi version?

Hi Wanwizard, that is correct Vu duo 2 with Openpli 7.3 image here. Thanks, Rhuirbarb

Edited by rhurbarb, 16 February 2022 - 19:58.

They are not available in 7.3, only in 8.1 or the current develop.

Ah a problem. I tried openpli 8 but I lost my catchup tv :(....

Thank you

Is it possible for me to download 8.1 and somehow take the files from there and install it to 7.3 ? Thanks

In general, no.

But if you insist:

http://downloads.openpli.org/feeds/openpli-8-release/mips32el/iptables-module-xt-multiport_1.8.3-r0.3_mips32el.ipk
http://downloads.openpli.org/feeds/openpli-8-release/mips32el/iptables-module-xt-conntrack_1.8.3-r0.3_mips32el.ipk

No guarantees, make sure you have a backup.

rhurbarb's Photo rhurbarb 17 Feb 2022

In general, no.

But if you insist:

http://downloads.openpli.org/feeds/openpli-8-release/mips32el/iptables-module-xt-multiport_1.8.3-r0.3_mips32el.ipk
http://downloads.openpli.org/feeds/openpli-8-release/mips32el/iptables-module-xt-conntrack_1.8.3-r0.3_mips32el.ipk

No guarantees, make sure you have a backup.

lol at insist., Done a backup

got this error Collected errors:
 * Solver encountered 1 problem(s):
 * Problem 1/1:
 *   - nothing provides iptables >= 1.8.3 needed by iptables-module-xt-multiport-1.8.3-r0.3.mips32el
 * Solution 1:
 *   - do not ask to install iptables-module-xt-multiport-1.8.3-r0.3.mips32el

done installed updated or removed 0 plugins with 0 errors... Can this be force installed if so how? Thank you Wanwizarrd

WanWizard's Photo WanWizard 17 Feb 2022

I was afraid so.

They are probably in the feed because of the kernel config of another box with the same CPU type.

The only option you have left is to build your own kernel with a custom defconfig.