Foto

Softcam script

• Please log in to reply
Er zijn 6 reacties in dit onderwerp

#1 Moonwalker

• 192 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 18 februari 2022 - 14:51

I am using a modified softcam script to do some stuff on softcam changes.

Now when doing a software update the script is overwritten with the default one. Is there a way for this not to happen?

Re: Softcam script #2 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9967 berichten

+335
Excellent

Geplaatst op 18 februari 2022 - 15:16

Rename this script e.g. softcam.oscam_my_start

Select and restart softcam.oscam_my_start

Veranderd door Dimitrij, 18 februari 2022 - 15:18

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: Softcam script #3 s3n0

• 640 berichten

+62
Good

Geplaatst op 18 februari 2022 - 17:21

Exactly so.

Enigma2 usually takes into account and checks the script files /etc/init.d/softcam and /etc/init.d/softcam.<softcam-name>

The original "init.d" script apparently changed during the Enigma2-OpenPLi update. If you use Oscam installed as an IPK from the OpenPLi feed server, then with the new Oscam version, this softcam script will also be overwritten (or will be added) as the new updated "init.d" softcam script.

So... the new "init.d" script will be added to Enigma2 again, after Enigma2 updating, and there will be two "init.d" softcam scripts :) (one of your own and one original after its update), for the same Oscam.

It would be better to use the manual Softcam installation method. Do not use the IPK package to install Softcam. And you will solve your problem. See also my instructions, in my softcam script: https://github.com/s3n0/e2scripts (because I don't want to describe the whole thing here again ... sorry). In this case, you don't even have to rename this file ... you can leave the name "softcam". It will not be updated by Enigma2 and therefore will not be overwritten by a new - ie updated script.

Veranderd door s3n0, 18 februari 2022 - 17:31

Re: Softcam script #4 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2269 berichten

+118
Excellent

Geplaatst op 19 februari 2022 - 01:24

if you'd like to preserve some package (like softcam including its startup script) against updates, you can flag it with hold, like:

opkg flag hold enigma2-plugin-softcams-oscam

Veranderd door blzr, 19 februari 2022 - 01:24

True sarcasm doesn't need green font...

Re: Softcam script #5 Rudi1

• 162 berichten

+1
Neutral

Geplaatst op 12 juli 2022 - 20:26

@s3n0

Is there a script for oscam that checks the operation of oscam and starts it if it is not working. I am asking because my oscam after some time stops regularly.

VU+Zero

Osmio4K

Re: Softcam script #6 s3n0

• 640 berichten

+62
Good

Geplaatst op 15 juli 2022 - 13:54

Hi @Rudi1 .

I don't have it included on my git-hub because there is no reason for Oscam to crash.

If Oscam crashes (often), it is an Oscam or system error and the error must be resolved !

But... I can add this shell script there, if you want. However, it will also depend on the Linux system or the Enigma2 distribution from which this shell-script is run. Shell scripts for "init.d (run-level)" and "systemd (.service)" system launchers are slightly different.

Also, this can be scheduled in the CRON service. You add a simple conditional start of Oscam there (if Oscam is not running, it will start). CRON commands are read only every one minute at the earliest.

Veranderd door s3n0, 15 juli 2022 - 13:57

Re: Softcam script #7 Rudi1

• 162 berichten

+1
Neutral

Geplaatst op 20 augustus 2022 - 22:01

Also, this can be scheduled in the CRON service. You add a simple conditional start of Oscam there (if Oscam is not running, it will start). CRON commands are read only every one minute at the earliest.

Thanks for your answer,I do like you say and after one month  no problem with oscam. :D

VU+Zero

Osmio4K

1 gebruiker(s) lezen dit onderwerp

0 leden, 1 bezoekers, 0 anonieme gebruikers