Photo

Octagon SF8008 4K, Oscam problem

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 clive

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 4 April 2022 - 00:37

Hi, ive just changed from open vix image to open P;i image.

Im trying to get my local card working just for watching in my home, when using open vix image, i use to download oscam, via the plugins, and replace the oscam  bin file with the same name, restart the stb and the new version of oscam, worked without a problem, however i tried this with openpli image, but oscam dont start, on the STB.

Is there anything, different on these images, at the moment, i cant use my local card with this image, as its not supported on the downloaded oscam via the plugin section.

Is there any other file, that needs to be changed or entered, to get this version of oscam to work.

Thanks

Edited by clive, 4 April 2022 - 00:41.

Re: Octagon SF8008 4K, Oscam problem #2 scriptmelvin †

• PLi® Contributor
  • 720 posts

+46
Good

Posted 4 April 2022 - 01:42

You shouldn't replace the oscam binary (if that's what you mean). The one in the plugin feed should be the right one for your box.

Define "local card": what provider? What type of card?

Sorry to inform you this member, my brother, passed away.

Re: Octagon SF8008 4K, Oscam problem #3 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,070 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 4 April 2022 - 07:20

Launch OScam by hand to see the error message it reports. I guess that you need to install libcrypto / libcrypto-compat in order for your private OScam to be able to start.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Octagon SF8008 4K, Oscam problem #4 clive

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 4 April 2022 - 10:24

Hi, the oscam version is for 1856 caid, the one in oscam, wont run the card.

Launch OScam by hand to see the error message it reports. I guess that you need to install libcrypto / libcrypto-compat in order for your private OScam to be able to start.

how do i do that please, in the past, ive just replaced the bin, and it works fine, but not on this image for some reason.

thanks

Re: Octagon SF8008 4K, Oscam problem #5 scriptmelvin †

• PLi® Contributor
  • 720 posts

+46
Good

Posted 4 April 2022 - 14:29

how do i do that please

oscam --config-dir /etc/tuxbox/config/oscam

Sorry to inform you this member, my brother, passed away.

Re: Octagon SF8008 4K, Oscam problem #6 s3n0

• 640 posts

+62
Good

Posted 4 April 2022 - 16:44

how do i do that please, in the past, ive just replaced the bin, and it works fine, but not on this image for some reason

Connect to your set-top box via a terminal connection (using PuTTY, via SSH or Telnet communication protocols) and simply try to start OSCam manually, via Linux-Shell. For example:

/usr/bin/oscam

If OSCam starts, then stop it with the keyboard shortcut CTRL + C. The error will probably be elsewhere. Somewhere in the OSCam configuration ? Or maybe the configuration files are in the wrong location in the set-top box ?

If OSCam does not start, copy the reported error from the terminal, into the discussion here.

Edited by s3n0, 4 April 2022 - 16:46.

Re: Octagon SF8008 4K, Oscam problem #7 clive

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 4 April 2022 - 17:43

Hi, i just tried the same oscam bin file as last night, and now it decides to work fine, changing nothing, how strange.

So  now im using the same oscam file as Open PLI  and open vix image without a problem, wouldnt run last night, i tried 4 or 5 times, but i just restarted, the stb 5 times worked everytime.

Thanks to all who helped, very strange

Re: Octagon SF8008 4K, Oscam problem #8 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,070 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 4 April 2022 - 21:10

You probably OScam was already running when you try to install your own one.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

Re: Octagon SF8008 4K, Oscam problem #9 clive

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 4 April 2022 - 22:03

You probably OScam was already running when you try to install your own one.

hi, ive no idea, i tried it 3 or 4 times yesterday afternoon, then again later in the evening, but anyway, its been fine and working well, so its something i cant explain.

thanks again to all of you who replied

Re: Octagon SF8008 4K, Oscam problem #10 s3n0

• 640 posts

+62
Good

Posted 5 April 2022 - 13:04

You can find out the running of multiple OScam, for example, with the help of the top or htop command. This second htop command / system tool is better and clearer. Sometimes it is necessary to install the htop tool with the help of the opkg system tool (package manager). In this htop command, when run, switch the view to a tree structure. There you will see how many Oscams are running. Of course, only count processes that are not threads of the root process.

Edited by s3n0, 5 April 2022 - 13:05.

Re: Octagon SF8008 4K, Oscam problem #11 clive

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 5 April 2022 - 18:03

You can find out the running of multiple OScam, for example, with the help of the top or htop command. This second htop command / system tool is better and clearer. Sometimes it is necessary to install the htop tool with the help of the opkg system tool (package manager). In this htop command, when run, switch the view to a tree structure. There you will see how many Oscams are running. Of course, only count processes that are not threads of the root process.

Thank you

Re: Octagon SF8008 4K, Oscam problem #12 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,070 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 5 April 2022 - 19:35

ps | grep -i oscam

Does the trick.

Re: Octagon SF8008 4K, Oscam problem #13 s3n0

• 640 posts

+62
Good

Posted 6 April 2022 - 15:48

ps | grep -i oscam

Does the trick.

That is not quite true.

The ps command on some Enigma2 distributions (on their small Linux systems) is unfortunately not full-fledged, but only included in the BusyBox... or possibly included in another "Linux system tools package".

This means that the output of the lightened ps command is a little different there. Then you need to use certain arguments for this ps command. Simply put, not every version of the ps command, gives the same output, on each one Enigma2 distribution.

But... of course... what you wrote should work in OpenPLi / Enigma2.

However, in the case of OpenATV / Enigma2 (just as an example) this will not work, because the ps command without entering arguments gives a completely different output:

root@vusolose:~# ps
  PID TTY          TIME CMD
 6363 pts/0    00:00:00 bash
 6366 pts/0    00:00:00 ps
root@vusolose:~#
root@vusolose:~# ps --version
ps from procps-ng 3.3.15
root@vusolose:~#

That's why I just recommended top and / or htop command.

Edited by s3n0, 6 April 2022 - 15:50.

Re: Octagon SF8008 4K, Oscam problem #14 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,511 posts

+1,734
Excellent

Posted 6 April 2022 - 15:50

It is true, unless you have installed a different version of ps, like you did. I'm willing to bet 99.9% of the users didn't. ;)

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Octagon SF8008 4K, Oscam problem #15 s3n0

• 640 posts

+62
Good

Posted 6 April 2022 - 18:32

I am writing about Enigma2 distributions. I am writing about firmware supplied by development teams. Not about who installed what on Linux :).

Please, boot the OpenATV 6.4 on your set-top box and type ps command there (in linux shell), like me. You will understand what I am writing about.

The answer was relevant, but only for the OpenPLi image. It doesn't work everywhere. Therefore, it is necessary to give answers that work in every Enigma2 (in every Linux) :).

Re: Octagon SF8008 4K, Oscam problem #16 ccs

• 229 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 6 April 2022 - 18:51

Therefore, it is necessary to give answers that work in every Enigma2 (in every Linux) :).

Crikey.

test

Re: Octagon SF8008 4K, Oscam problem #17 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,511 posts

+1,734
Excellent

Posted 6 April 2022 - 19:48

The answer was relevant, but only for the OpenPLi image. It doesn't work everywhere. Therefore, it is necessary to give answers that work in every Enigma2 (in every Linux) :).

I could be mistaken, but the last time I looked, the TS asked a question about OpenPLi, and guess on which forum we are?

It is totally irrelevant, for both the TS and for other users visiting this forum, what other image builders do. That will not help, it will only confuse the TS and other readers.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Octagon SF8008 4K, Oscam problem #18 s3n0

• 640 posts

+62
Good

Posted 6 April 2022 - 21:17

I personally am not burdened with any company. I am a "universal", objective and impartial person :).

I don't care if I use OpenPLi or OpenATV or another Enigma2 :).

I try to help everyone and not individuals. I try to write an answer to help anyone who searched for answers through a Google search engine and kicked him on the OpenPLi discussion forum.

Re: Octagon SF8008 4K, Oscam problem #19 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,070 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 7 April 2022 - 11:03

You are claiming in every post that you are not using OpenPLi but OpenATV and you give support here.  top or htop will show you only the top application and not the whole process. So by change top will show you oscam.

By default in OpenPLi the ps command is using ps -ef option so we have the full list with details so in OpenPLi image the result of:

ps | grep -i oscam

Will work in OpenPLi image has described and will return the OScam instances.

So typing ps -ef is not working in OpenPLi since -ef is already the default option so ps is enough.

Edited by Pr2, 7 April 2022 - 11:04.

Re: Octagon SF8008 4K, Oscam problem #20 s3n0

• 640 posts

+62
Good

Posted 7 April 2022 - 11:16

I do not give "support". I "advise". I will advise in every respect and every person. This is a huge difference.

I'm not addicted as I wrote about any Enigma2 distribution (even as an occasional plugin developer).

Besides everything, this is a FREE project. And just as FREE help, it also applies to "support" !!! OpenPLi is based on the FREE Enigma2 kernel and includes a FREE linux system !!!

If you want to play with words, I can say that I did not give support for Android or for Enigma2. This time, de facto, I gave the advice for the LINUX system. And even this is a huge difference in help.

If anyone wants to advise, I will be happy to advise him and not send him away. Why would I send him away or didn't want to advise him ?! Because "this is a super awesome forum just for OpenPLi and there is no other forum" ?!

The principle, in my opinion, works quite the opposite - the more people affiliated to this discussion forum, the growing the popularity of the discussion forum and thus the OpenPLi image.

You should be happy and glad that this person, if he gets an answer and if someone advises him, that he will return here in the future ! That it will also tell other users about this OpenPLi discussion forum. You should be grateful that there are some users with some questions at all. Or do you want a dead forum that is completely useless to exist ?

Edited by s3n0, 7 April 2022 - 11:17.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users