ET10000 VUDuoSE

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 george kildare

• 61 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 21 August 2022 - 09:42

I have had an Xtrend ET10000 PVR for Ziggo Cable, Satellite and IPTV for many years and am thinking of replacing it with a VU+ Duo SE PVR with satellite and cable tuners. The ET10000 is a fantastic machine that has served me well over the years. I am particularly enthusiastic about the Enigma's ability to mix and sort the 3 types of channels. At present I am running a CCCam virtual cam with my Ziggo card.

During the past few months it has become a bit unstable and sometimes freezes when a recording on the cable is due and the box is then on an IPTV channel. Yesterday I reinstalled OpenPLI from scratch and will see whether that makes any difference.

I am wondering whether to replace the ET10000 before it really gives up the ghost. Can anyone advise me on whether the newer Duo SE has any advantages over the ET10000. I have channels on IPTV that I cannot receive in any other way and often record them. This is a bit "iffy". Does the increased speed of the Duo SE decrease buffering when viewing IPTV and thereby improve the IPTV experience. Also, I gather that the new box would have the ability to record several programmes simultaneously. 

I would appreciate any thoughts about this.

Very many thanks and thanks to everybody that has made the Enigma2 experience possible.

Re: Advice on whether to replace Xtrend et10000 PVR with Vu+ Duo SE: 2022 #2 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,380 posts

+393
Excellent

Posted 21 August 2022 - 09:51

IMHO there is only one answer possible. Purchase the Vu+ Duo 4K SE ASAP assuming you are referring to this model and not to the ancient Duo2.  ;)

With this combination you will have the most reliable and flexible receiver on the market. Both satellite and cable give you maximum flexibility.

You can simultaneously record more the ten cable channels if you like and still watch satellite channels. Just to mention one thing.

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

Voor centrale opslag van media gebruik ik een Qnap 219P 
met tweemaal 2 Tb harddisks + een Synology DS414 met 12 Tb Totale opslag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Re: Advice on whether to replace Xtrend et10000 PVR with Vu+ Duo SE: 2022 #3 george kildare

• 61 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 22 August 2022 - 07:40

Many thanks Frenske.

Will my Ziggo cable smart card with Quantis Cardreader that presently works fine in my ET10000 DEFINITELY continue to work in the Vu+ Duo 4K SE with OpenPLI?

I have seen very complicated mixed stories on the web about this and CI+ cards and also mixed replies from retailers. 

Re: Advice on whether to replace Xtrend et10000 PVR with Vu+ Duo SE: 2022 #4 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,380 posts

+393
Excellent

Posted 22 August 2022 - 10:06

Definitely is very long.  ;)

What important is, is whether your location is a former UPC location or original Ziggo. In the last situation my previous answer is as it was intended.

With a Quantis CI module this might be not as described because you live in a former UPC location. Can you add a picture of your CI module + card?

De CI module like added over here is both for Ziggo as UPC. Please add a picture of your card. What is printed on your card, Ziggo or UPC?

Attached Files

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

Voor centrale opslag van media gebruik ik een Qnap 219P 
met tweemaal 2 Tb harddisks + een Synology DS414 met 12 Tb Totale opslag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Re: Advice on whether to replace Xtrend et10000 PVR with Vu+ Duo SE: 2022 #5 george kildare

• 61 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 22 August 2022 - 11:27

Thanks Frenske,

It looks similar and will check this when I get home later today. I think that in Leiden I am in an old UPC area. In any case the Quantis reader + Ziggo card works very well in my old Xtrend ET10000

Re: Advice on whether to replace Xtrend et10000 PVR with Vu+ Duo SE: 2022 #6 george kildare

• 61 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 22 August 2022 - 14:50

Apologies. Maybe I had a Quantis module in the past, but certainly not now.

I have a Ziggo orange Irdeto card in a slot of the ET10000. The Softcam seems to be  set to cccam230.

When I did a clean install OpenPLI loaded the Ccam and Oscam plugins, but they give a message that they cannot connect with the web.  

I took photos of the card, but haven't been able to access the correct folder to upload them to this forum post.

Re: Advice on whether to replace Xtrend et10000 PVR with Vu+ Duo SE: 2022 #7 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 22 August 2022 - 15:56

OpenPLI doesn't install anything on a clean install, unless you restore a backup in which both were already installed. Both cams don't connect to the internet by default as well. And you can only have one softcam active at any given time.

You can attach files using the "More Reply Options" button, next to the "Post" button.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Advice on whether to replace Xtrend et10000 PVR with Vu+ Duo SE: 2022 #8 george kildare

• 61 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 22 August 2022 - 17:11

With the Ziggo Irdeto card inserted in the Xtrend ET10000

the menu item  Softcam Setup" with OpenPLI shows: 

select softcam cccam230

system FTA
caid 0x000
provider unknown
provid:0x000
pid: 0x92f
using:fta
ecm time 0.000

I suppose the question is whether a VU+ 4K Duo SE can easily be made to work with the same setup and card.

Re: Advice on whether to replace Xtrend et10000 PVR with Vu+ Duo SE: 2022 #9 mimisiku

• 5,458 posts

+114
Excellent

Posted 22 August 2022 - 18:17

An Irdeto card from Ziggo is absolutely no problem! But having said this, your new box will be better off with OScam and you will need some extra keys in your OScam server file. With these it will run just fine…

Met één been in het graf..... Helaas

Re: Advice on whether to replace Xtrend et10000 PVR with Vu+ Duo SE: 2022 #10 george kildare

• 61 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 22 August 2022 - 18:33

Many thanks. i will probably buy the new box some time during the next week or 2. Are there instructions for setting up Oscam with Ziggo somwhere?

Re: Advice on whether to replace Xtrend et10000 PVR with Vu+ Duo SE: 2022 #11 george kildare

• 61 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 23 August 2022 - 18:25

Hi Mimisiku,

It's probably purely my ignorance, but I have not been able to get Oscam working, although CCam works fine. I can change the softcam to Oscam, but although there is an info entry, I cannot find how to configure it. So unless you can point me to clear instructions for OSCAM under OpenPLI, I will stick to the "CCam old faithful"! By the way there is also a OSCAM-emu in the list of plugins.

Anyway thanks.

Re: Advice on whether to replace Xtrend et10000 PVR with Vu+ Duo SE: 2022 #12 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 23 August 2022 - 19:54

Oscam needs an RSA key configured, which you need to find somewhere. This is built-in in the CCCam binary.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users