sab flash

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Yobnned

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 September 2022 - 21:25

Hi All,

I have a Sab Triple Tuner with OpenPli 8.0. When I go to software update, it tells me that I have to flash it. I want to put OpenPli 8.2 on the box and I am wondering if there is a way of having all my settings on the updated software eg: extensions, record paths, timers etc. I will have the channel list from Dreambox Edit, but is there a way of backing up all the other settings? Also, does the backup image that I have made hold all settings in the event that I want to go back to OpenPli 8.0? 

I appreciate any help on this.

Re: Flashing a Sab triple Tuner 8.0 to 8.2 #2 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 18 September 2022 - 23:11

Hi,

If your box doesn't have an internal HHD plug a formatted (ext4 or FAT32) formatted USB key.

Go into Menu - System - Autobackup

There you can start a manual setting backup (it will save all the standard settings from your box) on the internal HDD or external USB stick.

Flash your box and when it reboot plug the USB stick with the backup, when your box will reboot it will prompt you if you want to restore settings (default is yes anyway), so it will reinstall everything for you plugins, settings, channel list, etc...

What cannot be restored are the plugins or skins that you download outside of the official OpenPLi feed and install manually, for those you will need to reinstall them.

As a security, you can also install and use the Backup Suite plugin, it will allows you to perform a full backup of your currently installed image with all its settings. It will create for you a flashable image with all your settings.

So if you have a problem during the switch from OpenPLi 8.0 to 8.2 you will be able to reflash your box like it was before the upgrade and return back to OpenPli 8.0 without losing anything.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Flashing a Sab triple Tuner 8.0 to 8.2 #3 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 19 September 2022 - 00:37

Better what a few days, OpenPLi 8.3 is on its way, so you'll have to flash again.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sab, flash

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users