9 replies to this topic

#1 piplan1966

• 203 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 24 September 2022 - 08:31

Hi
Today I favorited some channels,
And when I turn on the receiver again, no channel is visible, all the channels are deleted automatically, please guide me.

Re: Favourite channel #2 s3n0

• 640 posts

+62
Good

Posted 24 September 2022 - 09:27

Hi.

Please write more information. How did you proceed ? What exactly is it about ? Channel lists can be edited in many ways.

Usually, when you don't use popular and official tools, such as the OpenWebif interface for Enigma2 or some external application for Windows (DreamboxEdit), they reload edited channels automatically after editing.

However, when you edit the "userbouquet.*.tv" files manually (directly with the helping of the text-editor), you have to reload them manually in Enigma2, for example using linux-shell (basic IT skills are required).

Re: Favourite channel #3 piplan1966

• 203 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 24 September 2022 - 09:39

Hi.

Please write more information. How did you proceed ? What exactly is it about ? Channel lists can be edited in many ways.

Usually, when you don't use popular and official tools, such as the OpenWebif interface for Enigma2 or some external application for Windows (DreamboxEdit), they reload edited channels automatically after editing.

However, when you edit the "userbouquet.*.tv" files manually (directly with the helping of the text-editor), you have to reload them manually in Enigma2, for example using linux-shell (basic IT skills are required).

thanks

Re: Favourite channel #4 s3n0

• 640 posts

+62
Good

Posted 24 September 2022 - 10:10

What do you mean by "thanks" ? :)

Write how you proceeded... or what exactly you want advice on - helping with some app ? editing files in a text editor ? or what exactly you want help with ?

Or have you already solved it ? :P

Re: Favourite channel #5 piplan1966

• 203 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 24 September 2022 - 11:44

I had asked you that in the morning I had made a favorite list of some channels, after watching the channels for a while I turned off the receiver, after 2 hours I turned on the receiver again, then the favorite list channels were missing.
What could be the reason why the channel disappeared please help

Re: Favourite channel #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,312 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 24 September 2022 - 13:09

How did you turn off the receiver?

Remember it is a computer, not a fridge, you can not just switch the power of, you need to turn it off using the menu option "deep standby".

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Favourite channel #7 s3n0

• 640 posts

+62
Good

Posted 24 September 2022 - 17:13

As @WanWizard wrote before me - the right question is how did you turn off your set-top box. Do you mean the power switch on the set-top box ? Or did you simply switch the set-top box to standby mode with the help of the RCU (with the help of Enigma2 / GUI) ? Or another way to turn it off - for example, through a terminal connection or through the OpenWebif interface ?

It also depends on what or what style you have edited your list of favorite channels. Did you edit this channel list directly in Enigma2 / GUI, with the help of RCU ? If so, this list is saved only during certain events. Otherwise, the list remains only in the data area of the Enigma2 memory, but not on the internal disk. If I'm not mistaken, only when you use the standby mode of the set-top box, only then is the modified list of your channels saved on the internal disk.

Re: Favourite channel #8 piplan1966

• 203 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 25 September 2022 - 04:13

As @WanWizard wrote before me - the right question is how did you turn off your set-top box. Do you mean the power switch on the set-top box ? Or did you simply switch the set-top box to standby mode with the help of the RCU (with the help of Enigma2 / GUI) ? Or another way to turn it off - for example, through a terminal connection or through the OpenWebif interface ?

It also depends on what or what style you have edited your list of favorite channels. Did you edit this channel list directly in Enigma2 / GUI, with the help of RCU ? If so, this list is saved only during certain events. Otherwise, the list remains only in the data area of the Enigma2 memory, but not on the internal disk. If I'm not mistaken, only when you use the standby mode of the set-top box, only then is the modified list of your channels saved on the internal disk.

Hi
At night, I made a favorite list of some channels, and after watching an hour of programs, I turned off the power switch.
Used to do this from the beginning, earlier my favorite list never got deleted, this is happening since 2 days.
I don't understand what you wrote about standby mode,
Receiver and TV switches are installed in the electrical board.
A single button turns both off,
The favorite list which was made at night, when I turned on the receiver in the morning, there was no channel in the favorite list.

Re: Favourite channel #9 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,414 posts

+61
Good

Posted 25 September 2022 - 06:14

The correct thing to do is to use the remote control to put receiver into "deep standby". After doing that, turn off the electric supply.

If you do the wrong thing (just turn off electricity), the data is not written from RAM into the flash memory of the receiver.

Re: Favourite channel #10 s3n0

• 640 posts

+62
Good

Posted 25 September 2022 - 09:59

Exactly as described by @Abu Baniaz. The Linux sat-receiver is based on a mini-computer, with a special chipset to support multimedia decoding. However, it is, in a way, a mini-computer with a stripped down (i.e. incomplete) Linux system installed.

So... to stop Enigma2 completely, when you are going to turn off the mains switch on the set-top box... you should use the "deep standby" mode before that. This is basically a long-term shutdown of the Enigma2 / GUI as well as the Linux system.

BTW... the Python language interpreter is also pre-installed on this Linux system... and then... finally... Enigma2 / GUI basically runs on this Python language.

Therefore, if you use the mains switch (which is exactly the same as if the power goes out or if you forcibly pull out the cable from the power grid), then some data may remain unsaved... they will remain only in the RAM memory... but after loss power supply, the contents of the RAM memory will also disappear.

I mention the "standby mode" because it is convenient to use it !!! If you connected your set-top box to your TV via an HDMI cable... and if your TV is not more than 10-20 years old, it will probably also automatically switch to standby mode (1x short press of the "Power" button on the RCU) - together with your set-top box at once. If not, then you have to activate the HDMI-CEC functionality (feature) in the Enigma2 / GUI configuration (this feature is intended to sending some CEC commands via the HDMI cable to other devices - standby & wake up).

Edited by s3n0, 25 September 2022 - 10:07.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users