EPG IPTV Radio

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 george kildare

• 61 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 9 October 2022 - 16:53

I have upgraded to OpenPLI 8.3 noticed recently that for some IPTV radio channels without EPG, the programme flashes for a few seconds at the bottom of the screen directly after changing to the channel (e.g. Calm radio classical radio channels, but also some others). Is there any way of changing the channel reference with E-Channelizer so that the programme is displayed in the channel EPG?   It is not displayed when I press the info button.

The flashing programme is displayed in 2 lines. The first line starts with the time. The second line starts with 01.00.

Should I contact the relevant providers?

Very many thanks for such a great system.

Re: Assigning EPG to IPTV radio channel #2 scriptmelvin †

• PLi® Contributor
  • 720 posts

+46
Good

Posted 9 October 2022 - 17:37

What you are seeing is not EPG, but the "now playing" feature of shoutcast/icecast-like internet radio streams. These texts (usually artist and song title) are directly embedded in the audio stream in a rather unstructured way. It's a bit of a hack.

Changing the service ref would only work if you also have access to this service by DVB-S/C/T (and then you could listen to the DVB service directly and wouldn't need the internet stream).

Maybe the provider has a website with the EPG?

Sorry to inform you this member, my brother, passed away.

Re: Assigning EPG to IPTV radio channel #3 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,070 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 9 October 2022 - 19:44

And Doglover doesn't grab radio EPG except for some of them where a video stream is available.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Assigning EPG to IPTV radio channel #4 george kildare

• 61 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 10 October 2022 - 04:09

Very many thanks.

I wonder whether it might be possible to implement an on/off feature for "now playing"that would 1. make it continuous instead of flashing it for a few seconds and 2. make it appear when listing the channels? Just a thought. 

Re: Assigning EPG to IPTV radio channel #5 scriptmelvin †

• PLi® Contributor
  • 720 posts

+46
Good

Posted 10 October 2022 - 13:00

For 1, you could set the infobar timeout to "no timeout", but then it would remain visible on all channels. And possibly cause burn-in on your tv.

2. make it appear when listing the channels?

What do you mean?

Sorry to inform you this member, my brother, passed away.

Re: Assigning EPG to IPTV radio channel #6 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,070 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 10 October 2022 - 16:14

You can also already enable the infobar appearing at program change, I guess it is what you means.

You can also configure how many second the infobar is displayed.

Turn your OpenPLi user mode into expert  to discover all the possible options.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Assigning EPG to IPTV radio channel #7 george kildare

• 61 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 12 October 2022 - 05:49

Very many thanks Scriptmelvin and Pr2. This works well..

I am not sure what entry goes into the “List” that is a great feature of Enigma to give an overview of present programmes. It would be great if there was a way of putting the now/next entry into the List if there is no epg schedule available.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: EPG, IPTV Radio

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users