• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Satpal

• 299 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 6 November 2022 - 01:57

Hello all,

I'm running OpenPli 8.0 on a Vu+Ultimo4k and have a problem with adding the hdmi input into quadpip. I'm pretty sure it used to work before but now I can select the entry in the channellist but nothing happens when I click on "ok". Before I start messing around with up- or downgrading I just wanted to know if it should work in theory or if something changed.

Re: adding hdmi-in to quadpip #2 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,985 posts

+337
Excellent

Posted 6 November 2022 - 09:04

https://vuplus-suppo...ht-mit-hdmi-in/

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: adding hdmi-in to quadpip #3 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,985 posts

+337
Excellent

Posted 7 November 2022 - 17:08

Maybe this https://github.com/O...2c70a185218R329 ?

Re: adding hdmi-in to quadpip #4 Satpal

• 299 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 7 November 2022 - 20:35

This looks more like it. Could this be the problem?

329   if not sref.startswith("1:"):

I don't know when this line was introduced but I'm not convinced by it.

Re: adding hdmi-in to quadpip #5 Satpal

• 299 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 8 November 2022 - 02:13

After a test I think that this line is indeed the problem.

If I change

#SERVICE 8192:0:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0::HDMI Input
#DESCRIPTION HDMI Input

into

#SERVICE 1:0:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0::HDMI Input
#DESCRIPTION HDMI Input

I can add the entry but then it doesn't work of course.

Re: adding hdmi-in to quadpip #6 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,985 posts

+337
Excellent

Posted 8 November 2022 - 06:21

Need

#if not sref.startswith("1:"):
				#    return

Re: adding hdmi-in to quadpip #7 Satpal

• 299 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 8 November 2022 - 17:12

I tried that, but it didn't work. After some more test I found a pretty messy workaround but hey, what the heck. I replaced the "1:" with "8192:" which at least allowed me to create a quadpip selection including the hdmi-in. Then of course it is impossible to add anything else. Now I at least can get it to work but only with the known restrictions to Openpli: only working in the top right corner and no sound.

I guess a (complete) rewrite of this plugin wouldn't hurt as it's not reliable at all. Even when it's working a lot of times 1, 2 or 3 pictures don't appear at all or very late. Sometimes it's possible to resolve this by toggling between quadpips but not always. I have been using VTi for a while in between and know that it is possible to create a quadpip plugin that works flawlessly.

Re: adding hdmi-in to quadpip #8 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,223 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 8 November 2022 - 17:19

Vti can do a lot of patching in enigma2 code optimized for vu+ as they only support vu… and as they are closed source violating all enigma2 licenses we cannot see what they are doing to solve or work-a-round the issues with quadpip. So mentioning it works with vti is not really helpfull.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: adding hdmi-in to quadpip #9 Satpal

• 299 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 12 November 2022 - 19:16

I was pretty sure that mentioning VTi would provoke some immediate reaction from the team. Unfortunately I also expected nothing to happen regarding the actual problem at hand and was confirmed in that respect, too, which is sad as it could probably easily be fixed in a few minutes. Otherwise I would welcome an answer why this restriction was introduced in the first place and shouldn't be removed.

Re: adding hdmi-in to quadpip #10 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,508 posts

+1,733
Excellent

Posted 12 November 2022 - 19:21

You're very welcome to spend those few minutes and provide us with the solution.

If not, I suggest you watch your tone, it does not encourage anyone to spend their scarce free time to help you.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: adding hdmi-in to quadpip #11 Satpal

• 299 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 13 November 2022 - 01:40

If I could do it myself, I would have done it already. I have no clue how to alter the python code without corrupting it, I actually had hoped it would be easier. But I already posted the solution to the specific problem I encountered: not being able to add hdmi-in to a quadpip.

Just suppressing the line:

329   if not sref.startswith("1:"):

in the qpip.py didn't do the trick, nor deleting the two lines Dimitriy suggested. As I didn't understand the dependencies I gave up after a while and just edited the "1" into a "8192" so I could add the channel entry to a quadpip. Another way would probably have been to edit the QuadPipChannels.dat directly.

So if someone with a bit more knowledge would just suppress this line and alter the rest accordingly it would be a step in the right direction.

I'm just a bit disappointed that after more than 5 years some of the unique selling points of the VU+ 4K boxes like hdmi-in, quadpip and in this case the combination of both still are far from being well supported.

I am aware that the lack of support from VU+ has left the OpenPli team with an almost impossible task, but every few years I also have to vent my frustration that I can't make full use of the box of my choosing with the image of my choosing (that supposedly supports this box).

Re: adding hdmi-in to quadpip #12 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,985 posts

+337
Excellent

Posted 13 November 2022 - 09:05

[qpip.py] use all service type

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users