Arena Sport 16.0E - EPG question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gunner41

• 133 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 March 2023 - 01:57

Hello guys,

I would like to ask something regarding a „problem“ on the Arena Sport Croatia channels which are on Eutelsat 16.0E.

I have all 10 channels in my favourite bouquet list. For Arena Sport 2, 4, 6 and 8 the EPG changes everytime when I chose this channel to watch. So the EPG information is different in the Infobar compared to the Bouquet List. I dont know if it makes sense, I can add also screenshots. For Arena Sport 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9 this problem does not appear.

Any idea why this happens?

I am using a VU+ Uno 4k with the newest stable release. On a DM One with a different image I dont have this problem. So I guess it has something to do with the settings?

Thank you!

Re: Arena Sport 16.0E - EPG question #2 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 18 March 2023 - 13:49

Hi,

You probably use EPGImport to import the EPG. This EPG is the result of grab performed on website that provide program guide.

But you also have the EIT EPG that is broadcasted by the provider, normally they should broadcast now/next program at minimum but some provide the full EPG.

There are sometimes differences between the EPG grabbed from website with the one sent by the provider.

So if you enable expert mode in the:  Menu - Parameter - System - EPG 

You will see the different EPG setting.

So you can disable the EIT now/next  and/or the full EIT EPG (or any other flavor of broadcasted EPG).

So it's up to you to choose which EPG you want.

From my side I also use EPGimport to have full EPG and I keep EIT current/next active so when there is last minute changes when zapping to the channel I saw them (which is not possible with pure EPGimport one).

Hope this help.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Arena Sport 16.0E - EPG question #3 gunner41

• 133 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 March 2023 - 18:16

You are awesome. Thank you so much for your detailed answer. I tried what you said and it's working perfect now. The EPG do not change anymore when pressing a channel :-)

Topic can be closed I guess.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users