←  [EN] Enduser support

Forums

»

Plugin=apps

jocke90s's Photo jocke90s 19 Mar 2024

Im wonder if there is some plugin for enigma 2 that is a streaming app like HBO Max or Netflix?. For openpli…

WanWizard's Photo WanWizard 19 Mar 2024

No.

In general anything that requires DRM will not work, as no DRM for open source is available.

jocke90s's Photo jocke90s 19 Mar 2024

Okej But What about dreambox one?

WanWizard's Photo WanWizard 19 Mar 2024

No idea, we don't do Dreamboxes, so I can't comment.

In general, if you're looking for those apps, either get a smart TV, or an android-TV type streaming box with support for those apps.

littlesat's Photo littlesat 20 Mar 2024

The hardware can do it, but hbo, Netflix, Amazone, appletv etc…do not made plugins for opensource enigma2 boxes as they want to protect their content. For smart TVs, Apple TV and Android hardware they will create apps…

40H3X's Photo 40H3X 20 Mar 2024

There is also a plugin for Netflix when Kodi is installed, but use it at your own risk.

jocke90s's Photo jocke90s 20 Mar 2024

Yes. I know that. I have a smart tv and a formuler z8 and a mobile device, But I enjoy to use it more on enigma2 :)

The hardware can do it, but hbo, Netflix, Amazone, appletv etc…do not made plugins for opensource enigma2 boxes as they want to protect their content. For smart TVs, Apple TV and Android hardware they will create apps…

40H3X's Photo 40H3X 20 Mar 2024

As I said you can use it with Enigma2, just install the Kodi plugin from the OpenPLi feeds and then search for the Kodi add-on for netflix, then install this add-on with Kodi and you can login Netflex from OpenPLi, but I should advise you not to use it.