DM7020

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dfdream

• 267 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 August 2009 - 12:00

All,

This might sound stupid but I have 7020 and non HD Sky digi box connected by Scart to sony 40 lcd.

If I have a match on Sky (say bbc1) and on 7020 on BBC1 there is a huge difference in the colour / contrast and brightness of the picture. (the picture is still good but noticeable against the digibox)

The colour seems duller and a little more cloudy. the picture is good but is different.

Also if I put on something on analog terestrial, Digital terestrial, sky and dreambox all the rest are close to the same in colour etc but the dreambox is not as vibrant or colourful.

I can adjust the TV for the dreambox but the rest of the channels are psychedelic looking.

Are there settings in the dreambox to adjust the colour etc for the scart output.

D

Re: Adjust Colour in 7020 #2 jonc

• 2,667 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 August 2009 - 12:07

Nothing (directly for colour) other than a hardware mod and before you ask, I am sorry I forget the link to the mod - but others may know it. Have you changed the other options at all >> E1Video <<
It's a hobby, so mileage varies Tell your friends about our Pli Wiki as it is there to help you - Click here for the PLi Wiki

Re: Adjust Colour in 7020 #3 dfdream

• 267 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 August 2009 - 14:04

Cheers, I have set these but they are not changing colour.
I suppose that my question is really is it the same for all 7020 users that the colours are not that vibrant.

Anyone have an 8000 or 800 as well to see if they have this issue also or are they more qalong the lines of most other boxes.

Re: Adjust Colour in 7020 #4 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,473 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 21 August 2009 - 14:36

who says that your other components are not too bright or colourfull and your dreambox is correct?
is have seen many TV's who came directly out of the shop that where not correctly setup in the TV Setup

on the Glassfibre 1GB DVB-C...

Re: Adjust Colour in 7020 #5 jonc

• 2,667 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 August 2009 - 05:00

who says that your other components are not too bright or colourfull and your dreambox is correct?
is have seen many TV's who came directly out of the shop that where not correctly setup in the TV Setup

Well said and we this at least once a week. With the newer Plasma and LCD TV's you can set profiles for the RF/SCART/AV/HDMI/VGA input options and most people do not have them set correctly.

No substitute for RTFM for the TV /images/smiley/more_word_slogans/5.gif .
It's a hobby, so mileage varies Tell your friends about our Pli Wiki as it is there to help you - Click here for the PLi Wiki

Re: Adjust Colour in 7020 #6 pieterg

• PLi® Core member
  • 32,766 posts

+245
Excellent

Posted 23 August 2009 - 19:52

most likely, your tv has only one rgb-capable scart, and the 7020 is connected to a CVBS-only scart, leading to poorer image quality.
Try to toggle the 7020 between rgb/cvbs, you should see a very clear difference.
When you don't, you're on a cvbs input.

Re: Adjust Colour in 7020 #7 dfdream

• 267 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 August 2009 - 17:43

Thanks for that all.

Did some switching about on the scarts and settings there is a difference when switched around.

Thanks

DF

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users