←  [EN] Enduser support

Forums

»

I have 2 Problem for PLI Jade 3

's foto uisik34 5 okt 2009

Hello forum,

I need help to figure out my issues on PLI Jade3. I have just changed my image EDG Nemesis to PLI and now I have been looking for some plugin and function that I was using in Nemesis.

1. CCCam Switch to change current cccam servers instantly. Where can I find that plugin and where to put these files in PLI directories to work properly?

2. Clear Zap List, Is there any menu option comes with PLI originally? Or may I add any plugin or option on menu to clear zap history? If there is plugin please download link and instruction to put files in PLI directories.

For the moment I hope I can find answers to my questions.

Thanks in advance, UISIK34
Citeren

's foto hemertje 5 okt 2009

which boxtype? Enigma 1 or Enigma2 box?

but i don't have seen such plugins or functions before which we use in PLi...
Citeren

's foto uisik34 5 okt 2009

Sorry I forget to say model of my dreambox. I use DM7020 Si and for sure Enigma1.
Citeren

's foto dAF2000 5 okt 2009

I only heard about the CCcam switch plugin but never saw it. I don't know about a clear zap list plugin too, but it's a nice idea to have it in the image. So, we have to build it ourselves, I think.
Citeren

's foto praetorius_ph 5 okt 2009

cccam moves through your list inorder from top to bottom. so if you want, put your faster peers on top.
Citeren

's foto hemertje 5 okt 2009

?

idiot question: isnt that the design of CCcam to connect to fasters servers first, no matter where the peers line are in your config?
in my opinion the wanted feature has no benefits as it is a standard CCcam feature

PS we stop this discussion here as we dont disscuss WAN sharing here on this forum!
Citeren

's foto uisik34 6 okt 2009

I only heard about the CCcam switch plugin but never sawit. I don't know about a clear zap list plugin too, but it's a niceidea to have it in the image. So, we have to build it ourselves, Ithink.

If you think you can build such clear zap list, for sure it will be very useful.

cccam moves through your list inorder from top tobottom. so if you want, put your faster peers on top.

It is not the thing I was talking about but anyway thanks for reply.

?
idiot question: isnt that the design of CCcam to connect to fasters servers first, no matter where the peers line are in your config?
in my opinion the wanted feature has no benefits as it is a standard CCcam feature

PS we stop this discussion here as we dont disscuss WAN sharing here on this forum!

Let me expalin a bit clearly the usage of benefit "cccam switch"
This plugin gives you an option to jump to another server peer lines. Once the first server is down for any reason you do not need to go to change your active peer line by transferring the file through FTP. Through that switch you optionally can switch to cccam.cfg - cccam01.cfg - cccam02.cfg etc...
I have one local server use peer lines on cccam01.cfg and international server server use peer lines on cccam02.cfg.
It is Nabilosat plugin in originally but EDG Nemesis and Gemini optionally can use that as well. I just thought same plugin can be adjusted for PLI Jade3 with ease.
Citeren

's foto dAF2000 6 okt 2009

Well, if someone can post that plugin here it should work, I assume.
Citeren

's foto hemertje 6 okt 2009

This plugin gives you an option to jump to another server peer lines. Once the first server is down for any reason you do not need to go to change your active peer line by transferring the file through FTP. Through that switch you optionally can switch to cccam.cfg - cccam01.cfg - cccam02.cfg etc...
I have one local server use peer lines on cccam01.cfg and international server server use peer lines on cccam02.cfg.
It is Nabilosat plugin in originally but EDG Nemesis and Gemini optionally can use that as well. I just thought same plugin can be adjusted for PLI Jade3 with ease.

there is no need to use multiple CCcam.cfg's
set all peers in one cfg and the fasted peer per channel will allways be used
so if one peer disconnects the fasted another one will be used automaticly

don't let you talk into a unneeded plugin ;)
Citeren

so if one peer disconnects the fasted another one will be used automaticly

don't let you talk into a unneeded plugin ;)

Teorically yes it is but according to my experiences; practically it is not. when it is set up 4 C lines in config file that makes more freeze, many jump tries among servers that cause bad TV watch experience.

On the other hand you just switch to other server which has 2 stable peer lines and you turn back to other when the server seem more stable. otherwise many attempt to detect faster peer C lines and many interrupts!

If your team can adopt such plugin for PLI it will be much appreciated...
Citeren

Well, if someone can post that plugin here it should work, I assume.

I think Nabilo or EDG team may know the plugin itself and where to locate in PLI directory to work properly. If someone can do that to clear zap list and cccam switch, it will be very useful! at least for my side, maybe i am the only one who need these functions /images/smiley/grin.gif
Citeren

I found the cccam switch plugin at the following link;

http://www.nabilosat...ead.php?t=49261

I hope that may be useful for following requirements by others.

Now I am waiting for the answer for zap list clear. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I have uploaded the files as per request.

Bijgevoegde Bestanden

Citeren

's foto hemertje 6 okt 2009

you can upload it here, we have plenty of space...
Citeren

you can upload it here, we have plenty of space...

It is uploaded now.

Meanwhile, anyone can find a solution for "zap list clear" ?
Citeren

's foto pieterg 6 okt 2009

it is a binary, so we cannot use it (generally speaking).
Citeren

's foto dAF2000 6 okt 2009

Take the zip file, unzip it, and store both files in /var/tuxbox/plugins and it will work.
The plugin will show you where to add the CCcam config files.

About the clear zap list. I think it's a good idea, but we have to make it ourselves. So, I've created a ticket for it: http://openpli.pli-i...s.org/ticket/94 (no guarantee about when we make it)
Citeren

's foto nfnovice 6 okt 2009

nabilocccamswitch plugin has definitely worked on pli images for me before

however I found the benefits of multiple servers in the one cccam.cfg worked better for my uses..

means I can put my card in any box in the house and the others in the house pick it up straight away..
Citeren

's foto uisik34 7 okt 2009

it is a binary, so we cannot use it (generally speaking).

It worked. I tried yesterday and fully function!

Take the zip file, unzip it, and store both files in /var/tuxbox/plugins and it will work.
The plugin will show you where to add the CCcam config files.

About the clear zap list. I think it's a good idea, but we have tomake it ourselves. So, I've created a ticket for it:http://openpli.pli-images.org/ticket/94 (no guarantee about when wemake it)

That is correct. The instruction itself inside the zipped file. just put the files in required directories on PLI directories.

Thanks for creating a ticket to develop such function for further PLI Images. Maybe It can simply be added by plugin for all earlier versions too. It will be much better!

nabilocccamswitch plugin has definitely worked on pli images for me before

however I found the benefits of multiple servers in the one cccam.cfg worked better for my uses..

means I can put my card in any box in the house and the others in the house pick it up straight away..

I guess different experiences and different feedbacks. Anyway to know such plugin works properly on PLI is an option for users like me.
Citeren

's foto jonc 7 okt 2009

I concur a very simple and easy solution for multiple providers
Citeren

's foto hemertje 7 okt 2009

by design all peers can be hosted in one CCcam.cfg file, the fasted peer will allways be used. it has no benefits to use this plugin with multiple cfg's

again, dont let you talk into things which are not true!
Citeren