Photo

How to make tar.gz archives in windows

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Levy

• 38 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 October 2009 - 20:31

i'm want to make webradio ppanel with romanian & hungarian languages webradio stations.
The new internetradio.xml file running ok with Pli Jade 3 Maxvar, and i'm want to make this script to update with remote control from oane roumanian upload.

-If i have the modified xml in dream and the modified xml, tar.gz archieved on up the files not exchange.
(this is the uploaded files what is not corectly archieved.)
-If i have the modified xml in dream and the original Pli internetradio archieve in upload the files exchange succesfull !

The problems is in archieve format, i'm not archieved tar.gz files corectly. Exist one tools for win for make a corect tar.gz archives ?

Thanks in advance !

Re: How to make tar.gz archives in windows #2 jonc

• 2,667 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 October 2009 - 01:13

there are many windows applications that will do this but the best one 1 I have used for years now is from Korea called ALzip @ http://www.altools.c...oads/ALZip.aspx

CNET STaff reviewed ALZip 7.4. "If you're looking for one tool that can handle a myriad of compression methods, from RAR and ZIP to TAR and TGZ and nearly 30 other formats, ALZip just might be for you." Also, the 3d2f.com editors have called the program "the most promising in its class".
It's a hobby, so mileage varies Tell your friends about our Pli Wiki as it is there to help you - Click here for the PLi Wiki

Re: How to make tar.gz archives in windows #3 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,472 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 25 October 2009 - 12:02

just create tarbals via your PC and Box

create the directoriestructure and filelocations on your PC

FTP them to the dreambox into /tmp

chmod 755 the binaries

run the command from telnet from the /tmp directorie

tar czvf tarbalname.tar.gz var

c = create

z = zip

v = verbose

f = to file

on the Glassfibre 1GB DVB-C...

Re: How to make tar.gz archives in windows #4 Levy

• 38 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 October 2009 - 12:31

soory the problems not the instalation, i'm install this file in dm via FTP, and the xml file (Ppanel) running succesfull.

The problems is: the automatic update via remote control.
I'm want to make with alternative upload for webradio ppanel, from another up pages. This pages in future contains the romanian & hungarian suport for PliJade. First uploaded file internetradio.tar.gz. The automatic upgrade from this up not working succesfull (via remote control).

-if i have from dreambox the modified files and the modified files in x-sat.org upload, the files dowloaded with remote control and not instaled succesful, enigma has reported succesful instaled the file, in reality the file not changed in dreambox.

-if a have in dreambox the modified files and the original Pli weradio xml files in x-sat upload, the upload via remote control from x-sat to dreambox finised succesful, my modified files has changed with original pli files.

The problems how to make the internetradio.tar.gz archieves to be download and install corectly from alternative upload in dreambox.

What is the diference with original Pli archive and the manualy edited files & archieved with me ?
How to archieve the modified files to make manualy download via remote succesfull ???

Thanks !
......sorry for my bad english. /images/smiley/more_word_positive/4.gif

Re: How to make tar.gz archives in windows #5 Levy

• 38 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 October 2009 - 12:39

Thanks ! Thanks ! Thanks !

I'm testng this and running succesfull !
Thanks for support !

/images/smiley/more_happy/18.gif

This is the files has tcreate with your procedure !
I'ts working 100% !!!!

I'm continue to edit this file in future with RO & HU radio stations !

Thks again !

Re: How to make tar.gz archives in windows #6 dAF2000

• PLi® Ex-Leden
  • 14,151 posts

+52
Good

Posted 25 October 2009 - 19:54

When you've finished your PPanel, you can post it here and we can add it to our downloads if you want.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users