Hack Movieplayer to play single MPEG-2 TS stream

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gipetrov

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 6 January 2010 - 15:25

Hi,

I'm really new to the whole Dreambox community. I have DM500 and I found the wonderful OpenPLi image.

I've downloaded it and compiled it from source and now I want to modify Movieplayer plugin. My aim is to strip it completely from the VLC functionality and give my derived plugin just an IP:port where an MPEG-2 TS stream is broadcasted.

I want when the plugin is launched to connect to this given IP:port and start displaying the stream. Is there any major obstacle to do this or I'm missing something? My experiments just begun and I don't see any possible reason not to succeed.

However some guidance would be welcome :)

Also - is there some kind of x86 environment where I can test my derived plug-in, because each time I make a small change, I have to upload it to the device and wait it booting, configure it and so on?

Thank you very much in advance!

Re: Hack Movieplayer to play single MPEG-2 TS stream #2 Sjaaky

• 7,443 posts

+41
Good

Posted 6 January 2010 - 15:33

> wait it booting

You can just upload your plugin and restart enigma, can't you? There is no need to reboot the box.
Or you can use flash wizard pro and use a nfs export on your buildsystem as rootfs.

Re: Hack Movieplayer to play single MPEG-2 TS stream #3 gipetrov

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 6 January 2010 - 15:37

I suppose you are right. I will investigate further, but copying the plug-in (or loading it from NFS) and restarting Enigma sounds good enough.

What about the modification of the plug-in? Are there any major obstacles? I suppose that stripping the VLC related functionality and reading a simple MPEG-2 TS stream would be easy? As I see through the code, I fell a little bit disoriented, but I'll shape up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users