←  [EN] Enduser support

Forums

»

Is vuplus picture better now?

's foto uki 30 apr 2010

I had the vuplus nearly 2 months ago and sold it because the picture was rubbish in comparison to my kathrein ufs 910 (with original image).I heard video drivers have now been updated.Can someone please confirm if the picture quality has improved? I need to know and be sure because I am thinking of buying this box again.

Any input or advice would be much appreciated.
Citeren

's foto uki 30 apr 2010

anyone???
Citeren

's foto Demetris 30 apr 2010

Hi,
Picture is excellent both HD and SD.
Am very happy with this box.
i had 7020 btw, cant compare it with other hd receivers :)
Citeren

's foto VU+NL 1 mei 2010

In several forums a lot of users mentioned a big improvement after the driverupdate.
Citeren

's foto Sjaaky 4 mei 2010

I can confirm that there was a big improvement on sd image quality. Even with hd, but that might be my own imagination.
With the old drivers the sd image wasn't sharp. It looked like (or even worse than) a composite connection, while I connected it with hdmi.
With the new drivers the sd image is as sharp as a dm7025+ over rgb scart. I can't compare to a kathrein though, I don't own one.
Citeren

's foto maveric 4 mei 2010

The picture looks great now
Specially SD
Citeren

's foto unisat 11 jul 2010

I can confirm that there was a big improvement on sd image quality. Even with hd, but that might be my own imagination.
With the old drivers the sd image wasn't sharp. It looked like (or even worse than) a composite connection, while I connected it with hdmi.
With the new drivers the sd image is as sharp as a dm7025+ over rgb scart. I can't compare to a kathrein though, I don't own one.

Can you please explain to me

1/ if the new drivers come with new images or they are provided by vu+duo manfacturers?

2/Would highly appreciate more details on these picture improvement drivers> Where to download them from, where to install them ?

TIA
Citeren

's foto Sjaaky 12 jul 2010

They are in the image. You don't need to do anything.
But if you are not satisfied you can play around with the enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-videoenhancement plugin.
Citeren