Recovering a deleted recording

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 grandadinnz

• 21 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 May 2010 - 05:22

Hi,

Is it possible to recover a recording once it has been deleted?

I am running Jade 1 on a DM7020s with an integral HDD.

Thanks mike

Re: Recovering a deleted recording #2 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 2 May 2010 - 10:34

I think once you deleted it from Trash that it's hard to recover from within the Dreambox software.

What i have in mind if you have some computer skills(read know what not to do) :
Use a x86 or sparc architecture computer with cd/dvd bootable rom/ram drive + with sata connection(or esata).
Download SystemResqueCD and burn the iso to a CD-R(W) with the original OS on the computer(Linux/OS-X/Windows/whatever).
Turn Dreambox & computer off (remove ac~ powercord)
Remove harddisk from dreambox, connect it to computer.
Boot computer and put the SystemResqueCd in the bootable cd/dvd rom/ram drive.
let the computer boot SystemesqueCD, and try to use the harddisk related recovery tools (ddresque) to recover the deleted file from the sata harddisk that was originally in the Dreambox.(beshure you don't work on original computer harddisk, otherwise you can destroy the original OS, the SystemResqueCd is a Linux LiveCd, so it won't change the original OS by itselves.
If you're done, then you can shutdown SystemresqueCD remove CD, shutdown computer, remove dreambox HDD, and your computer is ready.
Install hdd in dreambox and you're done. (assuming you did only try to rescue deleted systemfiles, and so did not change bootsector or other critical files of they're on the hdd).

Now i think about this, i have a question for moderators/developers: Is the DVD connection on DM8000 a bootable dvd drive?
If so, then is it possible to run a Linux LiveCd for PowerPC architecture on DM8000 with build in DVD drive? I suppose the Dreambox is a powerpc architecture? Because if this is true, then it's easy to run LiveCD for correct architecture.

Dreambox Dm8000 with all hardware addons donated to OpenPli. No interests anymore in policy of CanalDigitaal / M7 group and now-a-days channel encryption (like CI+ / HD+).

Good luck Enigma2 / OpenPli, it was fun with Sky Movies and so on, collected a nice collection of movies. Now back to basic boring lineair TV with KPN iTV (VDSL2 pair bonding 219 / 63 Mbps).

The VDSL pair bonding is excellent for... torrents to NAS in higher quality then HDTV (Like Dolby-TrueHD or DTS-Master-Audio soundquality ) :D

Re: Recovering a deleted recording #3 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,049 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 2 May 2010 - 20:02

The Enigma2 boxes are all MIPS, not PowerPC. So you'll need a MIPS distro.

The DVD is probably not bootable, no El Torito support in the BIOS.

Other than that, it'll be unlikely that you'll get working drivers for the broadcom chipset. It's easier to "cook your own system" with OE for example than to get a standard distro running.
Real musicians never die - they just decompose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users