Photo

Pli streaming on iphone

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Nucleus

• 14 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 May 2010 - 12:19

When I want to watch tv on my computer, I just go to this URL http://192.168.10.12...tv?browser=MSIE and I can see from my dreambox.

Can I also watch on my iphone? I have tried it but it doesn’t work. Is there an application or something?

Thanks

Re: Pli streaming on iphone #2 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,410 posts

+395
Excellent

Posted 8 May 2010 - 21:35

Just google for airvideo and you'll be surprised.

Re: Pli streaming on iphone #3 Nucleus

• 14 posts

Neutral

Posted 9 May 2010 - 08:04

This is how I configured it

Posted Image

and this is the error I got

Posted Image

What I'm I doing wrong?

Re: Pli streaming on iphone #4 Nucleus

• 14 posts

Neutral

Posted 9 May 2010 - 08:17

I have also tried it with

Port:31344

and

Port:31344

No luck

Re: Pli streaming on iphone #5 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,410 posts

+395
Excellent

Posted 9 May 2010 - 08:28

I assume you installed the airvideo application on a PC.
Please continue googling on airvideo + Dreambox and you'll be amazed.

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

Voor centrale opslag van media gebruik ik een Qnap 219P 
met tweemaal 2 Tb harddisks + een Synology DS414 met 12 Tb Totale opslag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Re: Pli streaming on iphone #6 ipimping

• 20 posts

Neutral

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:44

i use a slingbox with slingmedia app on my iphone works perfect from the uk here to thailand

Re: Pli streaming on iphone #7 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,410 posts

+395
Excellent

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:22

I had the possibility to play with a Slingbox and login with a Iphone.
To be honest, the quality and possibilities of the Airvideo application, as far as I had tried, are much better.
I tried to play movies which are on my network and this works also very nice.

But for support on Airvideo + Dreambox please don't ask me. Go to the airvideo board. :wink:
For thoose who are interested how it works, check the added manual. Unfortunally it's only available in Dutch.

Attached Files

Re: Pli streaming on iphone #8 Nucleus

• 14 posts

Neutral

Posted 10 May 2010 - 13:51

Frenske,

Have you actually tried Air Video on iphone? Because from what I read on their website, it works only when you have movies in a folder. Not with dreambox streaming. On my original question (and title) I specifically ask about straming on iphone, not viewing movies over a shared network folder.

If you have actually made it work, please let me know how.

Thanks

Re: Pli streaming on iphone #9 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,410 posts

+395
Excellent

Posted 10 May 2010 - 14:40

In my posting above yours I have posted a dutch manual. I'll look for an english manual how it works.
Take a look overhere... and the solution is near.

LiveTV on iPhone and iPod Touch

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you want to read this in German go here Note that my edits to the english text below are not included in the german translation !

If you own an iPhone or iPod Touch and also use a Dreambox, Dbox2 or any other receiver running Enigma or Neutrino then "Air Video" is a must have.

What is it?

Air Video can stream videos to your iPhone or iPod Touch. Besides the app you must run the free of charge server for Windows or Mac. That is very nice for playing your recorded videos. But I'm sure you will like my Air Video server mod even more. I've modified latest Air Video server so that it enables you to select and play live video streams from your set top boxes (e.g. Dreambox or Dbox). A TV channel can be selected from a channel list (a list with channel logo thumbnails). Air Video server then sends a zap (channel change) command to the set top box and the stream can be played on the iPhone using live conversion. This works perfect and you can view your favorite TV channels live and in good quality wherever I am via wifi and 3G. Years ago I developed the PMP VLC player for the Sony PSP which is quite similar to Air Video and when I found Air Video I knew it is the killer app for the iPhone and iPod Touch

Installation

First install Air Video on your iPhone or iPod Touch, then install the latest server on your Windows PC or on your Mac. Details can be found on the official Air Video site http://www.inmethod.com
Links to older versions can be found in the support forum here:
http://www.inmethod....s/list/454.page

To install my mod perform following steps:
- download and unpack my Air Video modpack from the attachment (10MB)
- replace the ffmpeg program by the one in my modpack. On your PC replace ffmpeg.exe in the directory where you installed the Air Video server (e.g. C:\Program Files\AirVideoServer). On a Mac replace ffmpeg in directory "/Applications/Air Video Server Beta9.app/Contents/Resources/" and make sure ffmpeg has execute permissions
- copy channels.ini to your PC in the directory where you installed the Air Video server (e.g. C:\Program Files\AirVideoServer) and if you use a Mac copy it to the root directory (in "/")
- copy the LiveTV directory to your PC and add it to the shared folders in Air Video server. This directory contains the channel logo thumbnails (these are in fact 1 second duration mpeg4 files). Included are about 50 German Astra 19.2 channels
- edit channels.ini and replace the IP address 192.168.1.96 by the IP of your Dreambox or Dbox2
- (for client versions before v2.1.3): add a preset "LiveTV" in the Air Video client on the iPhone: width 480, height 272, quality e.g 70% (the quality heavily determines the average bitrate and for Internet access (3G or wifi) it should not be more than your upload speed! Via 3G I have good results when quality is set to 50%. Experiment with it and look up in the server log what actual bitrates you achieve
- (for client v2.1.3 and later): click conversion settings and then click Global Conversion Settings. The live TV stream quality depends only on the Max. Resolution settings and Quality for Offline Conversion slider. I recommend to keep the Max. Resolution settings on Automatic and only use the Quality for Offline Conversion slider to set stream quality.
- if you installed everything correctly and the server is running you can start Air Video on your iPhone, add the server and open the LiveTV - German TV folder. Select a channel from the thumnail list and press "Play with Live Conversion" and then press play from "The Beginning". If after 6-7 seconds you see a warning message press "Continue". In total after pressing "Play with Live Conversion" it takes about 25 sec before you see the picture.
- streaming sd channels works perfect for most of the sd (standard definition) channels. Some channels do not correctly multiplex the elementary streams into a ts stream and won't play, CNBC Europe is an example. Unfortunately the Ffmpeg encoder can not correctly demux hd channels and therefore hd channels only play a few seconds.
- if you stream from a Dbox2 you must first switch off "Playback" and "Sectionsd". You can do that in the Control menu via the dbox yWeb interface.
- you can get a near perfect picture quality if you select the highest quality preset in Conversion Settings.
- IMPORTANT: to ensure uninterrupted streaming make sure your set top box and the PC running Air Video Server are connected to your wlan router by ethernet cable. If you connect them by wifi or powerlink there is a high probability the stream stops playing after a few seconds.

Customisation

On the server the file called channels.ini must be added with 3 lines for each channel: thumbnail movie filename, zap url, stream url. The zap url is sent to the set top box once the user starts live playback and the stream url is the stream which is being transcoded by Air Video server.

Here is a snippet:
code:
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
049-BBC-World.mp4
http://192.168.1.96/...1:c00000:0:0:0:
http://192.168.1.96:...1:c00000:0:0:0:

050-CNN-Int.mp4
http://192.168.1.96/...1:c00000:0:0:0:
http://192.168.1.96:...1:c00000:0:0:0:

On a Dreambox you can easily find the number part (e.g. 1:0:1:6f6a:42c:1:c00000:0:0:0: ) in the User Bouquet files, e.g. userbouquet.dbe02.tv

For use with a Dbox2 with yWeb web interface the lines look like:
code:
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
db2-RTL.mp4
http://192.168.1.92/...pto?44100012ee3
http://192.168.1.92:...c,0x00a3,0x0068

The zap link can directly be found on the yWeb web interface. The stream link of the channel currently playing can be found by opening http://192.168.1.92/...exec?Y_Live in your browser, the result is http://192.168.1.92:...c,0x00a3,0x0068 if RTL is currently played.

You also need the thumbnail mpeg4 which must be created with an aspect ratio corresponding to the stream. The channel logos can be found here:
http://www.lyngsat-logo.com/

Windows users can use two batch files logo.bat and logowide.bat which can create the thumbnail videos in 4:3 and 16:9 respectively.
Download a channel logo from lyngsat and resize the canvas to 176 x 99 (from 133 x 99) if you want to produce a 16:9 thumbnail.
Rename it to z1.jpg and then run logo or logowide with the channelname as parameter (e.g. logowide 048-CNBC-Europe.mp4). Note: Make sure there are no blanks or tabs in the filename !!!

UPDATE: kokutus2000 released "Bouquet Editor Suite" which can automatically create thumbnails and the channels.ini file. You can find his tool here. At the time of writing it only supports Engma2, but in a future version he will add Enigma1.

The same scheme can easily be applied to live streams from capture boards, webcams, surveillance cams and many other set top boxes.
Your mileage may vary. Please post your results and tips in this thread.

Thanks to InMethod, makers of Air Video, for the greatest app for iPhone.

Enjoy,
JockyW (jockyw2001)

PS:

I have a couple of ideas for a new version of my Air Video modpack,
- add selection of audio track (easy)
- support streaming of HD channels (hard, requires use of VLC instead of ffmpeg)
- support streaming of DVDs (hard, requires use of VLC instead of ffmpeg)
- support dvb subtitles (hard)

EDIT (08.02.2010):
- Attached are ffmpeg versions which you should use with Air Video Server 2.2.5-beta2 and later. The ffmpeg in the original modpack is for server versions until 2.2.5-beta1
- Personally I use client version 2.1.0 on iPhone and 2.2.5-beta2 on server (I use bot Mac and Windows in parallel)

EDIT (14.03.2010):
- Support for linux added, the attached ffmpeg runs fine on my ubuntu 9.10 box (32-bit)
- For configuration details see here
- Put ffmpeg and channels.ini in same directory as "AirVideoServerLinux.jar"
- Tip: for making sure correct version of Java is installed do a "sudo apt-get install eclipse"
- mfgeg wrote a nice tutorial for linux users here

Re: Pli streaming on iphone #10 ipimping

• 20 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:16

orb is another good one to use you can stream tv music and any films on your cp

Re: Pli streaming on iphone #11 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 15 May 2010 - 17:00

Nu maar wachten tot er ooit een Android versie van komt.

Dreambox Dm8000 with all hardware addons donated to OpenPli. No interests anymore in policy of CanalDigitaal / M7 group and now-a-days channel encryption (like CI+ / HD+).

Good luck Enigma2 / OpenPli, it was fun with Sky Movies and so on, collected a nice collection of movies. Now back to basic boring lineair TV with KPN iTV (VDSL2 pair bonding 219 / 63 Mbps).

The VDSL pair bonding is excellent for... torrents to NAS in higher quality then HDTV (Like Dolby-TrueHD or DTS-Master-Audio soundquality ) :D

Re: Pli streaming on iphone #12 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 15 May 2010 - 17:02

OOps, didn't realize it's the english part of the forum.
I wrote: Just wait until the Android version will show up.(if it will happen).

Dreambox Dm8000 with all hardware addons donated to OpenPli. No interests anymore in policy of CanalDigitaal / M7 group and now-a-days channel encryption (like CI+ / HD+).

Good luck Enigma2 / OpenPli, it was fun with Sky Movies and so on, collected a nice collection of movies. Now back to basic boring lineair TV with KPN iTV (VDSL2 pair bonding 219 / 63 Mbps).

The VDSL pair bonding is excellent for... torrents to NAS in higher quality then HDTV (Like Dolby-TrueHD or DTS-Master-Audio soundquality ) :D

Re: Pli streaming on iphone #13 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 15 May 2010 - 17:15

A final question: does someone know a url to a server for airvideo?
Just to check if it maybe already work on my Android phone.(because lots of web video streaming already work on Android with browser + build in videoplayer)

Re: Pli streaming on iphone #14 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,410 posts

+395
Excellent

Posted 15 May 2010 - 17:25

Why don't you create your own Airvideo server location? The server version is free for download.
And then you just create your own videoserver and then you can login with your Android whether it is possible. :wink:

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

Voor centrale opslag van media gebruik ik een Qnap 219P 
met tweemaal 2 Tb harddisks + een Synology DS414 met 12 Tb Totale opslag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Re: Pli streaming on iphone #15 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 15 May 2010 - 20:18

I can't get it to work properly (Vista x64) If i try with browser to localhost i see Airvideo in left up corner of white browserscreen.
But in configuration i see that for internet access a key is used, and so the phone needs software to connect and added the key to server software to get data.
Also Airvideo server (4 windows) requires bonjour(software for printers that i don't want on win machine) and java (32bit for airvideo and 64bit for bonjour?) So maybe it's more easy on a 32bit win os, and it's probably the easyest on a OS-X machine.

So I first have to wait for Android software, so that it can connect to Airvideo server.(doesn't work with browser, http).
Restream project (other kinda option) does work , but it uses Apache, and win vista/7 do limit Apache bandwith, so then i'm forced to use IIS but that isn't compatible(no standards supported) with the rest of Restream software that is nessesary.

So at the moment it's to much or or if if to get it working on windows 64bit (above xp). I only use win on this machine because the monitor gets a out of sync message if i use Linux with nvidia driver.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users