• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 15 May 2010 - 12:50

Hi all.
I have a question about webtv. It's part of the Dreambox Webcontrol.
I found the wiki but i can't find what i'm looking for.

By question is about getting more configuration options for webcontrol.
On a lan it all works ok, enough bandwith most of the time.
But sometimes i wish to enjoy my dreambox outside of my house. On a desktop computer, or on my phone(Android).
Then i miss a few options, so is it possible to:
-> configure maximum bandwith usage(bitrate audio&video stream from dreambox). So that it won't get higher then isp upload capacity, or mobile operator download capacity.
-> configure convertion method to a resolution/codecusage that the devicewhere i wantto view/listen on supports |(for example h263(320x240)video + aac 48KHz audio in mp4 container for mobile devices).

Or do i need a other application/plugin that offers those function.

Oh and I have configured webcontrol that for loading page & streaming a password is required. I must use root user, is it possible to make a 2nd userprofile (not root privileges) for webcontrol? (I understand that ftp&telnet needs root access, because you can change system settings/files.)

Dreambox Dm8000 with all hardware addons donated to OpenPli. No interests anymore in policy of CanalDigitaal / M7 group and now-a-days channel encryption (like CI+ / HD+).

Good luck Enigma2 / OpenPli, it was fun with Sky Movies and so on, collected a nice collection of movies. Now back to basic boring lineair TV with KPN iTV (VDSL2 pair bonding 219 / 63 Mbps).

The VDSL pair bonding is excellent for... torrents to NAS in higher quality then HDTV (Like Dolby-TrueHD or DTS-Master-Audio soundquality ) :D

Re: Dreambox Webcontrol #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,681 posts

+1,740
Excellent

Posted 15 May 2010 - 15:24

Afaik that's not possible, the WebIf outputs the signal as-is.

What you want required recoding, the box doesn't have to power to do that. There are some exteral solutions, p.e. based on VLC. There a page in the wiki (GenericRestream) about it. For the iPhone there's a solution as well, this was discussed hier a few days ago.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Dreambox Webcontrol #3 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 15 May 2010 - 15:40

Thanks for the info. Didn't discoveredthat.
I'll try the Dreambox Restream project.

Dreambox Dm8000 with all hardware addons donated to OpenPli. No interests anymore in policy of CanalDigitaal / M7 group and now-a-days channel encryption (like CI+ / HD+).

Good luck Enigma2 / OpenPli, it was fun with Sky Movies and so on, collected a nice collection of movies. Now back to basic boring lineair TV with KPN iTV (VDSL2 pair bonding 219 / 63 Mbps).

The VDSL pair bonding is excellent for... torrents to NAS in higher quality then HDTV (Like Dolby-TrueHD or DTS-Master-Audio soundquality ) :D

Re: Dreambox Webcontrol #4 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 15 May 2010 - 16:29

Restream didn't work for me.
Computer that i use as (little) server is vista x64. (can't use Linux because of : out of sync @ monitor).
So not possible here. (also some components for windows version go up till winXP, so i guess no vista/7 64bit support). Also windows Vista(maybe also 7) is evil in a way, that Apache has bandwith limit, and IIS7 has full bandwith on network.
So it wasn't easy, maybeas Linux, but then i'll have to get a old Pentium 1GHz pc here.
I'm a bit lazy at the moment, and not in the mood to run 3 devices (vista x64 server(webcam&ftp) + dreambox + 1GHz Linux compu for restream) "to view compressed tv on a phone" with youtube & uitzendinggemist support).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users