←  [EN] Enduser support

Forums

»

Skin Magic HD

's foto dfdream 15 jun 2010

VU+NL,

I updated with online updates rebooted,

Replaced the skin.xml with the downloaded one.

The time appearing twice is now gone. The date is back but the date is Tue 15/6 but some of the 6 is missing.

On the issue of the full screen option boxes. In the most they look very good but the ones I see unusual are the info popups. When there is a menu or options the full screen PIG is great. But for info like switching channel to start recording or a recording has started its probably a little much to go full screen PIG.

Update - Dont know if the time in the movie playback info bar was to be there but it hasnt appeard in downloaded skin.xml.
Citeren

's foto VU+NL 16 jun 2010

On the issue of the full screen option boxes. In the most they look very good but the ones I see unusual are the info popups. When there is a menu or options the full screen PIG is great. But for info like switching channel to start recording or a recording has started its probably a little much to go full screen PIG.

The problem here is, that the box uses the same screeennames in many cases. So it's either all fulscreen (including several "unwanted"), or neither of them.
BTW: Wy are you interested in the "start recording" message anyway? Just turn it off in the settingsmenu.

Dont know if the time in the movie playback info bar was to be there but it hasnt appeard in downloaded skin.xml.

It should: time is there.
Citeren

The version of the day.

Changed backgroundcoulor, changed Permanent clock transparancy, adjusted MyTubePlayer, adjusted TimeshiftState, Adjusted RdsInfoDisplay,

Bijgevoegde Bestanden

Citeren

's foto dfdream 16 jun 2010

VU+NL,

I've been looking through the skin.xml on MAgic_HD to see how it all comes together wonder is there a website or link to a description on how it all works.

On the Magic_HD skin.xml there are types like ServiceOrbitalPosition, EventTime, ServiceInfo etc are these programs that run in the background linked to skin or enigma or are they queries that the skin can make to the OS.

Are the source and type references in the skin common to all skins or unique to each skin.

If they are unique where to they get the info like Channel name, start /finish, time, SNR, Satelliete etc from.

For testing then is there any other way than loading it onto a VU+. To see if it works or if new information appears in the right place on the screen.

Thanks

D
Citeren

I found some bits to kick me off. If you have more info on any of the above please reply....

http://www.pli-image...akka=SkinDesign

D
Citeren

I just do everything by trial and error, look in all other skins, try again, get frustrated, have a nights sleep, look and try again, throw the laptop in he corne, let it follow by the VU, and then all over again......... So you see: no skills involved whatsoever, just keep on going!

For editing I use PSPad. Furthermore I use "e2Skinner": it gives a quick preview, but it does off course not have all the command-dependency's that Enigma uses.
Citeren

I do see your frustration.... Its not easy...

For the commands (querying the device time, Channel name etc) are these part of enigma.

I cant see the correlation between the commands and the different skins.

IS it like MS DOS where there are builtin commands and the xml queries those commands and shows them on the screen ?

If yes how do you know the commands. For example in the info bar how does magic_HD know what the Satellite is , does it issue a command or query to the box...

D
Citeren

Again: I don't know. Just trial & (very many) error(s).
Citeren

's foto VU+NL 17 jun 2010

Pleas have a look if the changed ECM-Ino works and has added value (Changed borderwidth of Numberzap, changed InfoBarECMinfo to ExtremeInfo, added specific ECMinfo to Second Info Bar).

Bijgevoegde Bestanden

Citeren

's foto VU+NL 17 jun 2010

OK, don't try that one any more: functionality of the extra's is dependent on system configuration.

The attached "version of the day" is safe to use (as far as I know........)

Changed borderwidth of Numberzap, added specific ECMinfo to Second Info Bar, corrected background colour plug-ins-download, added support for WLAN, CleanupWizard and CrashlogAutoSubmit, several minor adjustments.

Bijgevoegde Bestanden

Citeren

's foto dfdream 18 jun 2010

VU+NL.

A question.

Im very happy with the direction the skin is going. (good work)

I want to dabble a bit and want to add the SAT Position in a screen to see if I can do it.

Above you mention the InfoBarECMinfo and ExtremeInfo.

Are these .py or .pyc files builtin to enigma2 or got from somewhere else or did you write them.

I know you say trial and error and all that but surely there is some structure to these files and how they interact with the skin.xml.

Any help would be appreciated or if you could point me to web resources that you might have used to explain this stuff.

Thanks

D

Citeren

's foto VU+NL 18 jun 2010

I want to dabble a bit and want to add the SAT Position in a screen to see if I can do it.

Above you mention the InfoBarECMinfo and ExtremeInfo.

Don't use "ExtremeInfo" as it is dependant on having installed the skin "DMConcinnity-HD" (but if you have it installed you can freely use the ExtremeInfo-command).

Adding the satellite position is easy: just copy that part from a skin (look for "ServiceOrbitalPosition"). In the InfoBar and the SeondInfoBar many commands can be found.
Citeren

's foto VU+NL 18 jun 2010

Corrected allignment in PPanel, corrected DVD-player

Bijgevoegde Bestanden

Citeren

's foto VU+NL 19 jun 2010

Solved bug in upgrade-source, solved DVD-chapter presentation, added sreen for MultiQuickButtonscreen, changed RDS-screen.

Is there anybody who could help me with the DVD-player: I just can't get it right. It should look (almost) the same as the Movieplayer.
Citeren

's foto xener 19 jun 2010

yesterday i updated magic-hd. you guys doing good job, but sometime you`re going to unnecessary extremes. in my opinion, message box shouldn`t go to PIG screen .. please keep things as simple as possible. sometimes less is more :-)
Citeren

Apparently we have a different opinion here. Every box has a message to tell that has to be clear and easily readable. IMHO that is only possible when not in overlay on the screen. Now you have both: a clear message and still a good picture.

Anyway: there are plenty of skins fulfilling your "non-full-screen"-wishes /images/smiley/more/002.gif
Citeren

's foto xener 19 jun 2010

ok, what about this situation:
you`re watching a movie and in important part your screen change to small PIG, just because enigma would like to tell you that recording of other channel just starts. obviously you get this information in small message box which dont disturb you from watching a picture.

so, you are making this skin for yourself or for openpli users? what about ask for their opinion before "improve" something?
Citeren

OK, what about this situation:
you`re watching a movie and in important part your screen change to small PIG, just because enigma would like to tell you that recording of other channel just starts. Obviously you get this information in small message box which doesn' t disturb you from watching a picture.

Of course you are quite right: therefore I tell Enigma not to present this non-interesting message (in the settings). Why would you want to know a recording starts?

So, you are making this skin for yourself or for openpli users? What about ask for their opinion before "improve" something?

Ho, stop it: I get quite a lot of requests: if feasible I implement them (and that costs me a lot of time: I am spending weeks now on this skin!). But I get also a lot of contradicting wishes and indeed: in the end I have to decide what to do. It' s as simple as that!

But indeed: it all started with me making a skin for myself.

And don't forget: you can always make your own changes in the skin_user.xml (or make your own skin).
Citeren

's foto VU+NL 20 jun 2010

The latest version.

Bijgevoegde Bestanden

Citeren

's foto jongbj 20 jun 2010

Well, I just wanted to compliment you on your excellent work, I love het Magic-HD skin.

Thanks

Boudewijn
Citeren