• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 rytec

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 1,082 posts

+22
Neutral

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:17

I have noticed that more often people ask how they can erase/cleanup the existing EPG data to import fresh EPG data.

I will try to explain with this sticky how this can be done easily.
I use the program DCC to do this but you also can use Putty or even a simple Telnet session in Windows.

Open a Telnet session to the IP address of your satellite receiver (in most cases Dreambox or Vu).

When you are prompted you can type behind the prompt # init 4
This will stop Enigma of working and if you were watching TV it will freeze.

What I do extra is open a FTP session (in DCC you can switch easy to this) and then go to /tmp and see if there is maybe a file epg.dat, remove it and then go also to /media/hdd if you have a harddisk installed in your receiver and also check if maybe a fil epg.dat is there and remove it.
(This step is not always needed but I do it and it does not take a lot of time)

Now go back to the Telnet session and behind the prompt type # init 3
This will start Enigma again and after a while you will notice the screen will play again (if you were watching TV).

After this the EPG listings should be empty or only show Now/Next in the infobar, depending on how you have setup the EIT and EPG settings in the system menu.
(keep in mind if you have enabled MHW, EIT, etc then EPG listings will not be empty if you zap to those channels)

I only have "Show EIT for Now/Next" enabled, all other settings for MHW, etc are "No".
~~Rytec Team~~ VU Ultimo / VU Uno / VU Solo / Panasonic TH42-PV700 *Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users