Which channels are in which xml file?

Nordic

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BTJ

• 216 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:51

Are there any place I can check which channels are in which xml file, so I can decide which xml source to use?

Regards,

BTJ
Someone wrote: "I understand that if you play a Windows CD backwards you hear strange Satanic messages" To which someone replied: "It's even worse than that; play it forwards and it installs Windows"

Re: Which channels are in which xml file? #2 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,286 posts

+651
Excellent

Posted 25 July 2010 - 12:42

Well you can download the individual files and open the files in an editor and look which channels are in the file. But this is long winded and not to be advised.

Tou can also download the the rytec.sources.xml file (http://www.xmltvepg....channels.xml.gz) open it in a editor and there you will find the info.

On the other hand:

Be/NL - CDD/TVV contains the epg for teh dutch and belgian channels
UK _ for the UK channels
SkyDE - for the german - austrian and swiss channels.
Dplus for the spanish channels

and so on.

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Maxytec Multibox SE OpenPli (used as mediaplayer)
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

Sat: 13E, 19.2E, 23.5E and 28.2E
*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Which channels are in which xml file? #3 BTJ

• 216 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 July 2010 - 12:44

Yes, but I was just wondering which to use here in Norway, since we get all sort of channels: Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, English, etc....

BTJ
Someone wrote: "I understand that if you play a Windows CD backwards you hear strange Satanic messages" To which someone replied: "It's even worse than that; play it forwards and it installs Windows"

Re: Which channels are in which xml file? #4 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,286 posts

+651
Excellent

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:50

This is a difficult one.

F.i. the xmltv file (the file which holds the actual epg iinfo) cntains all the epg for the norsk, dansk and swedish channels. For an important part of the channels the epg is even given in 3 languages.

Now in order to give you a chance to choose the preferred language we have constucted 3 different channel files. All three channels files (norway, denmark and sweden) contain approx. the same channels but preference is given to the epg in the language of the name of the channels file.

You have to import only one of the nordic packages to get all channels. The choice is yours which language you prefer.

PS: I am struggling a bit with the norway file at the moment. Seems to have problems.

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Maxytec Multibox SE OpenPli (used as mediaplayer)
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

Sat: 13E, 19.2E, 23.5E and 28.2E
*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Nordic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users