←  [EN] Enduser support

Forums

»

1080i missing in autoresolution

Calico's Photo Calico 4 Sep 2010

Hello,

I'm actually using the autoresolution plugin, and I saw that contrary to other images like original dreambox image or else, autoresolution plugin in OpenPLI seems to be limited to 720p max, wherever option I choose in the plugin. I cannot choose 1080i.

Do you have exactly the same problem ?

Thank you.

littlesat's Photo littlesat 4 Sep 2010

The 1080i in this case is most likely the default...

Jeroensky's Photo Jeroensky 4 Sep 2010

Are you sure it's gone?
When i set HD interlaced mode to default, andthen press the right button of remote(right of ok button) then i get 1080i.
But maybe because i installedautoresolution many months ago. (i use uptodate openpli on dm8000).

When reflashed tuner, i prefer 720P as native resolution, and auto resolution will switch to 1080i if channel is using that resolution.
Here example of my config, see image (deinterlace method for progressive is off too)

MiLo's Photo MiLo 6 Sep 2010

I think that it shows "default" for the default resolution. So when 720p is your default, you can pick 1080i from the list, but not 720p. And vice versa, so if 1080i is the default, it will not be displayed as an option in the list. Which explains it.

Anyway, if you've set the plugin to "forward" all resolutions to the TV, like jeroensky did, it doesn't really matter which mode you selected to be the default.

Calico's Photo Calico 7 Sep 2010

Oh yes you're absolutely right. I didn't noticed that choices in autoresolution plugin could be different when you set your native resolution.

Thank you for everything, that was the answer that I waited so long :)

I will now let my amp do the upscale job, much better than my DM500 HD