Photo

Compile Images Off-line

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 junglejake

• 6 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 October 2010 - 09:08

I am struggling to find a quick and concise method to compiling images off-line for a newbie. Presently I am able to successfully compile images, been the DM800 and DM8000. However as I would like to test a possible bug the pmt.cpp before committing it to OpenPLI, I need to understand as to how do I compile the image with my changes using the command
cd build-dm8000source env.sourcebitbake dreambox-image

Will always retrieve the latest image
I can see the files in
openpli/sources/git/openpli.git.sourceforge.net.gitroot.openpli.enigma2/62f7ddbe9fe2ce2f01f2a36f2a7692a4f92e5539/
However when I change a file in there for my test, and then re compile using the bitbake dreambox-image then it will create a
new directory and avoid any changes I am trying to do. If I change the Enigma.bb
SRC_URI = "${PLIGITURL} \
file://enigma2.sh"
to the local directory I have no compile success.

Of course if there is an easier way or where I can submit my changes then compile locally to test the image,
advice with patience would be very and highly appreciated.

Re: Compile Images Off-line #2 xener

• 264 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 October 2010 - 10:20

make your local enigma2 repository and point bb to it.

Re: Compile Images Off-line #3 junglejake

• 6 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 October 2010 - 14:34

Could you please be as kind and as to give a more detailed "How To, guide for dummy's" :)

Re: Compile Images Off-line #4 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 22 October 2010 - 14:53

git clone the Enigma2 repository, for example into "/home/myself/enigma2". You probably already did this.

Modify your "build-dm8000/conf/local.conf" (the makefile created it) and add the following line:

PLIGITURL_enigma2 = "git:///home/myself/enigma2;protocol=file"

This tells our OE script to pick your local copy.

Before building, create a commit (you can always --amend it if it needs improvements) with your changes, this will automatically cause the environment to create a new 'release' for you.
To quickly test small changes, bitbake the "devshell" target and make changes in tmp/work/enigma...., using 'oe_runmake' to incrementally build new binaries. Don't forget to copy your changes to the repository later on, or you may lose them.
Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: Compile Images Off-line #5 PaphosAL

• 251 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 22 October 2010 - 18:20

@ Milo: Does this sort of approach also work for E1 OpenPLi builds, adapted of course?

I only ask (as a humble tester / modder) because our devs were tearing their hair out in frustration when simple mods in their previous builds were being ignored by a fresh build. I think they came to the conclusion that it was necessary to begin from scratch each time...

Cheers- AL Posted Image

Re: Compile Images Off-line #6 pieterg

• PLi® Core member
  • 32,766 posts

+245
Excellent

Posted 22 October 2010 - 18:31

similar, just use an svn repos for enigma

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users