←  [EN] Rytec XMLTV and EPG support

Forums

»

Dream Elite EPG Problems?

's foto pryggi 30 nov 2010

Do you have any advice on the problem regarding having to manually download the EPG every day? I've tried various download times from 6am onwards but when I return from work in the evening the EPG is often empty and needs to be manually downloaded, it doesn't seem to download it automatically at the set time.

Maybe you have configured enigma2 autorestart in SuomiPoika movielist plugin? If this happens after epg download it may flush the epg cache and this is why your epg is empty in the morning and you have to do manual download.

Another possibility is that sth probably crashes your enigma2. This results in having it restarted and the epc cache is flushed. Please check the enigma crash logs in /hdd/ folder. Its best place to find out what's going on, but sometimes it fails to write the crash dumps. Then you can check the age of the enigma process by finding out the PID of /usr/bin/enigma2.sh with "ps" command and then check /proc/#PID# folder - modifed time, its the time that enigma2 was started. So you can figure out when it crashed last time. Maybe it coinsides with the epg download time?

Anyway, in my experience, I suspect that you are downloading multiple epg sources from the epg panel. I used to auto download every night, CD Nordic, BE-NL-Skyuk, CSAT, Dplus, SkyDE and this seems to be too much for DreamElite133b and it crashed enigma2 after every 2-4 days. I also discussed this issue in DreamElite forum, but they only suggested to enable swap file and download less epg, as it was probably memory resource issue.

Anyway, I worked around the issue by using only one epg source: Rytec-SkyUK. Other epg's I get from epg transponders using the epg refresh plugin. This way enigma2 works for at least 1 week without a crash.

Btw, 4tothefloor, do you have 19.2e channels? If yes, maybe you can do a little test for me? Download the Rytec_Dplus epg and check if you have 7 day epg for some of the following channels:
CANAL + HD
C+ ACTION HD
C+ DCINE HD
C+ COMEDIA HD
FOX HD

TIA
Citeren

's foto sunjay 30 nov 2010

I followed the procedure of init4, rm epg.dat cache file, init 3. Now all epg data is deleted, so none of the channels in my bouquets have epg. I double checked, no program info at all.....

's foto 4tothefloor 1 dec 2010

Do you have any advice on the problem regarding having to manually download the EPG every day? I've tried various download times from 6am onwards but when I return from work in the evening the EPG is often empty and needs to be manually downloaded, it doesn't seem to download it automatically at the set time.

Maybe you have configured enigma2 autorestart in SuomiPoika movielist plugin? If this happens after epg download it may flush the epg cache and this is why your epg is empty in the morning and you have to do manual download.

Another possibility is that sth probably crashes your enigma2. This results in having it restarted and the epc cache is flushed. Please check the enigma crash logs in /hdd/ folder. Its best place to find out what's going on, but sometimes it fails to write the crash dumps. Then you can check the age of the enigma process by finding out the PID of /usr/bin/enigma2.sh with "ps" command and then check /proc/#PID# folder - modifed time, its the time that enigma2 was started. So you can figure out when it crashed last time. Maybe it coinsides with the epg download time?

Anyway, in my experience, I suspect that you are downloading multiple epg sources from the epg panel. I used to auto download every night, CD Nordic, BE-NL-Skyuk, CSAT, Dplus, SkyDE and this seems to be too much for DreamElite133b and it crashed enigma2 after every 2-4 days. I also discussed this issue in DreamElite forum, but they only suggested to enable swap file and download less epg, as it was probably memory resource issue.

Anyway, I worked around the issue by using only one epg source: Rytec-SkyUK. Other epg's I get from epg transponders using the epg refresh plugin. This way enigma2 works for at least 1 week without a crash.

Btw, 4tothefloor, do you have 19.2e channels? If yes, maybe you can do a little test for me? Download the Rytec_Dplus epg and check if you have 7 day epg for some of the following channels:
CANAL + HD
C+ ACTION HD
C+ DCINE HD
C+ COMEDIA HD
FOX HD

TIA

Cheers for the advice. I don't have the SuomiPoika movielist plugin so it's not that, and I'm only ever downloading one epg, Rytec-Skyuk. Rytec epg download never crashes enigma2, at least I've never seen it happen. Something is obviously crashing enigma2 and causing a restart as that's the only way the epg gets wiped. I'll try get the log files together the next time it happens.

Don't have any 19.2e channels, unfortunately!
Citeren

's foto 4tothefloor 3 dec 2010

Just to give an update on the empty EPG issue - After going through my whole set up with a fine-tooth comb I spotted that I had my HDD set to go to standby after 30 minutes of no activity. I changed this to 'No standby' and have had no problems with the EPG being wiped since. Hopefully it stays that way!
Citeren

's foto xenon84 11 dec 2010

Morning rytec,

woke up this morning to an empty EPG. no changes to setup. Manual download is downloading but still no entires in EPG.

Seems similar to this issue a few weeks ago?
Citeren

's foto xenon84 11 dec 2010

Been trying manual downloads all day and hadnt worked till just now.

Not sure if you justa changed something rytec, but its working again.

thanks
Citeren