←  [EN] Enduser support

Forums

»

National characters in subtitles

's foto rimas 26 jan 2011

OpenPLi has fantastic subtitles, but there is one problem - national characters are not showing properly. For example õ shows as ¤
2SUB was able to show those characters. It would be nice to see all subtitles correctly.
Citeren

's foto pieterg 26 jan 2011

sounds like an incomplete font. Or your subtitles have the wrong charset. Which subtitles are you talking about? teletext?
Citeren

Teletext. I tried with several fonts, which I know are working.
Citeren

Then most likely the teletext is not in the specified charset, so the conversion to utf-8 (by e2) fails
Citeren

So there is nothing to do? But teletext shows those characters. You know - page 696 /images/smiley/wink.gif
Citeren

can you make a (short) recording, which contains a few subtitles which fail?
Citeren

which one do I need?
And at how many seconds do the problems occur?
Citeren

's foto inah 26 jan 2011

First stream is small õ TTX 696 00.00.22-00.00.26
Posted Image
Second stream is BIG Õ and small õ together 00.00.30-00.00.33 TTX page 696
Posted Image
Citeren

hm, both fragments do not play here (tried on dm8000).
Do they still work, if you download them, and put them in an empty folder? (so you don't have the corresponding meta files)

I can play them with a mediaplayer on the pc, so the data is ok, but something causes e2 not to start them.
Which might be interesting to investigate, but not related to your charset problem.
Citeren

's foto inah 27 jan 2011

hm, both fragments do not play here (tried on dm8000).
something causes e2 not to start them.

Which might be interesting to investigate, but not related to your charset problem.

Maybe because i use for cutting ProjectX 0.90.4
Citeren

's foto pieterg 27 jan 2011

I think there might be no pmt in the ts, just video/audio/txt pids?
e2 does not guess the pids, it requires a pmt section, somewhere at the beginning.
Citeren

perhaps you could cut a fragment with the 'moviecutter' plugin on the box itself. That should work.
Citeren

's foto mbo 27 jan 2011

Hi,
not related stright to this thread but I got similar problem with Polish EPG, same behaviour. It worked perfect with PLI default skin and appeared when I changed it to LT6-HD. This info might be usefull for the problem in subject and maybe the potential solution will fix mine :)
Cheers
Citeren

's foto VU+NL 27 jan 2011

Some time ago the fonts in the Magic-skins have been changed, exactly for that reason.
You might ask the skin-makers to do the same.
Citeren

's foto mbo 27 jan 2011

Some time ago the fonts in the Magic-skins have been changed, exactly for that reason.
You might ask the skin-makers to do the same.

Thanks.

I think the problem I got is that I live in Australia and my box is set to English and I use few Polish channels.
I did fix the problem by altering the file (as above) and I manually added ISO8859-2 encoding.

I got now all polish specific characters working ok, however they are "fat" and distinguish themself from the other text.
Getting closer :)

Regards,
Michal
Citeren

's foto VU+NL 27 jan 2011

.....I did fix the problem by altering the file (as above) and I manually added ISO8859-2 encoding.....

Could you explain in some more detail as to what you changed (what do you mean by "as above", and how did you add the encoding)?
Citeren

's foto inah 27 jan 2011

OK new try now everything working in dreambox
http://www.upload.ee...Premium.ts.html
Citeren

just done a quick test, with tuxtxt on the estonian subtitle page (669 if I remember correctly), I also get those missing characters.
I'm using the 'auto charset detection' in tuxtxt, which is the default setting.
You are probably overriding the charset, in order to get the desired results with tuxtxt?

If so, that indeed indicates that the reported charset is wrong.
Perhaps this can be overridden with the 'encoding' file. Not sure if the encoding file is just for epg data, or for subtitle data as wel.
But using this file is tricky, especially when a transponder contains several channels, each with several subtitle languages, and possibly epg languages as well.
You risk breaking other languages.
Citeren

's foto rimas 27 jan 2011

Yes, I set tuxtext charset manually to estonian.
EPG on those channels in one language,
Citeren