Jump to content


EPG on DM500 but not SQL Lite


  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jellyfish

  • Member
  • 24 posts


Posted 21 February 2011 - 17:00

I have a DM 500S running Open Pli - I have also mounted a network drive to the DM as /media/hdd - I want to get alteasy 7 day EPG on Sky UK but dont want to use SQL Lite

Is their a way for me to achieve this ?

Re: EPG on DM500 but not SQL Lite #2 WanWizard

  • Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 54,620 posts


Posted 21 February 2011 - 17:33

No. The box doesn't have the memory nor the power to deal with that amount of data.

Even with SQLite, 7 days SKY is absolutely stretching it, I used to use 4 days on my 7000 (with the database on a local CF), and that meant frequent (1-10sec) freezes when using the service selector.

Currently in use: VU+Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), Amiko Viper T2C (T2+fallback), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (T2+fallback)

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

note: I do not provide support via PM !


Re: EPG on DM500 but not SQL Lite #3 PaphosAL

  • Senior Member
  • 251 posts


Posted 23 February 2011 - 18:18

I've come to the conclusion that you are 100% correct in your statement, Wan Wizard.

On my DM500S, connected to my Ubuntu server mount, I've been running 8 Day RT_UK EPG for around 100 mapped channels for some months now. Updating automatically via cron on a daily basis, of course. This results in an epg.db file of around 9.5MB typically.

I've noticed that certain channels seem to glitch every 15 seconds or so, and have always put this down to CCcam being a bit lethargic. But I've just done some testing, which seems to validate what you're saying...

1. Via FTP, I overwrote the 9.5MB epg.dat file with the 'base' one of around 79kb that's created by PLi at boot (if no epg.db file is found in the nominated folder)

2. Via the DB-EPG plugin, I then did a retrieve of 3 days EPG for 90 channels, using a new set of config files.

3. After this was complete, I then FTP'd into the box and navigated to the mounted folder on my server where epg.db is stored. It still read 9.5MB

4. FTP'd to the same folder from my other DM500 (testbox)- and found the new epg.db just created was really 3.22MB

This now tells me that, despite hosting the epg data file remote from the DM500 over the LAN, it's contents are still read into the memory of the DM500. And 9.5MB is strangling the poor little thing.

It's not until I reboot the box, or restart enigma, that the new file smaller size shows correctly in FTP. Thanks for the heads up- and I'll now see how 3 Days / 90 channels performs over the next few days.

Cheers- AL Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Enigma1

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users