Photo

How to control LEDs on Vu+ Duo?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mik9

• 67 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 February 2011 - 18:42

Does somebody know how LEDs are controlled on Vu+ Duo? To my knowledge, files in /proc/stb/fp/ are used for this on DM. These files are even on Duo, they are written permanently but LEDs obviously do not react on any changes in them. I found character device file for controlling alphanumeric part of LCD: /dev/dbox/lcd0 (or oled0 that is linked to lcd0) but there is no such file for LEDs. Do you know what files or enigma functions are used for controlling LEDs and graphical parts of LCD (e.g. red REC icon) on Vu+ Duo?

Re: How to control LEDs on Vu+ Duo? #2 VU+NL

• 6,424 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 21 February 2011 - 19:03

To prevent misunderstandings: the VU has neither LED's nor a LCD.
It has a VFD (Vacuum Fluorescent Display), see here, that's probably controlled quite different.

OK: the red/green stanbdby/react light is probably a LED, but that's not what you mean.
VU+ DUO/UNO/Digiality 85cm multifocus-4 X twin-Inverto-LNB's/Triax 88 USALS/Logitech Harmony 300, 555, 600, 900 en 1100

Re: How to control LEDs on Vu+ Duo? #3 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 21 February 2011 - 19:13

to dim the whole VFD you can use (in telnet): echo 0 > /proc/stb/fp/oled_brightness
and the maximum equals: echo 255 > /proc/stb/fp/oled_brightness

Is this what you are looking for?

Re: How to control LEDs on Vu+ Duo? #4 mik9

• 67 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 February 2011 - 20:34

Thanks for quick response, let's split it to two points:

1. I really meant LEDs, i.e. red and green. How to control them, i.e. OFF/ON/BLINK. There is FrontpanelLed.py converter that writes to mentioned files in /proc/stb/fp/ but it has obviously no effect on Vu. Are there any other special files for controlling those LEDs?

2. Icons (or how to call them) on VFD. As I mentioned, I already know how to write text on alphanumeric part of VFD. I would welcome any hint how to switch on/off (and maybe blink) at least REC icon on VFD.

Re: How to control LEDs on Vu+ Duo? #5 mik9

• 67 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 February 2011 - 21:38

Not even rough idea what direction should I try to search? Are there Vu Duo specific parts of PLI source code available?

Re: How to control LEDs on Vu+ Duo? #6 dAF2000

• PLi® Ex-Leden
  • 14,151 posts

+52
Good

Posted 22 February 2011 - 22:28

All our source code is in http://openpli.git.s...itweb-index.cgi
I don't know the details, but it might be the LED's are controlled by the VU+ closed source driver.
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: http://openpli.org/wiki

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users