Grabbing

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 leecovuk

• 246 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 April 2011 - 01:21

Hello Willy,

Seeing as my posting and interest seems to be continuing (!) I decided to put my latest grabbing observations here in one 'date marked' post. This replaces and updates any of my previous posts. I will do something similar for reference issues. Hopefully this posting method will be clearer and easier for you. I know it must get confusing ... I get confused enough just checking out my small selection of satellites.
You guys have to be so organised and methodical, which I'm learning.

1)
I'm assuming the following sources, amongst others, are being grabbed from the same site. If so, the grabbing from that site has inconsistent but recurring grabbing problems.
There are some description/title issues and some page code is appearing in the descriptions.
If they are all from the same site, it seems you need to look again at Hot.pt which is not perfect but better than the other channels. Then, when Hot is fully corrected, maybe do the same for all other channels on that site.

examples:

axn.pt
discoverychannel.pt
Hot.pt
playboytv.pt
portocanal.pt
sporttv1.pt

2)
I suggest you check how the grabbing is working which supplies this source:

Dorcel.ero

The first programme after midnight (receiver's local time) is being listed twice. Both entries are not exactly the same and have slightly different times, but are the same programme.

3)
Regarding your question about the Daring! TV schedule on port.ro:
That specific channel's schedule seems correct although has very slightly different times.
By the way, I calculate port.ro as being GMT/UTC +2.

I would be generally wary of port.ro, because I had already been there and noticed they have a schedule for XTSY which seems completely fictitious.

Lee
UK
I have a VU+ Duo. Currently using latest nfi Beta PLi images.

Re: Lee's latest grabbing info 23/04/11 #2 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,049 posts

+642
Excellent

Posted 23 April 2011 - 09:03

1) Some programmes did have slightly different make-up on the website, which caused this behaviour. This is hopefully fixed.

2) I cannot find this double entry. But I changed the website I grabbed from a couple days ago. Maybe you have some left overs in your epg?

3) Daring! TV. Yes the schedule is +0200. They have it wrong, since the timezone in Romania is UTC +0300

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Maxytec Multibox SE OpenPli (used as mediaplayer)
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

Sat: 13E, 19.2E, 23.5E and 28.2E
*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Lee's latest grabbing info 23/04/11 #3 leecovuk

• 246 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 April 2011 - 13:52

Hello Willy,

I just cleared the EPG cache and downloaded afresh.

1) Some programmes did have slightly different make-up on the website, which caused this behaviour. This is hopefully fixed.

It currently looks the same but I know it's usually next day when your changes take effect. Is there a set time when this or other sources get sent to the server(s)? I can then be sure to use / check your latest data.

2) I cannot find this double entry. But I changed the website I grabbed from a couple days ago. Maybe you have some left overs in your epg?

The problem seems to have gone now. I don't think I cleared / updated the EPG any differently, but today onwards the duplicate entry seems to have gone.

3) Daring! TV. Yes the schedule is +0200. They have it wrong, since the timezone in Romania is UTC +0300

ok, thanks. I didn't check that site's other channels to verify the time zones of their schedules.

Lee

Re: Lee's latest grabbing info 23/04/11 #4 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,049 posts

+642
Excellent

Posted 23 April 2011 - 14:03

AD 1.

I changed the grabber today. So the results will be available tomorrow morning.
The new set of data is generally ready around 05h00, but to be sure we advise people not to download before 5h45.

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Lee's latest grabbing info 23/04/11 #5 leecovuk

• 246 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 April 2011 - 05:31

I changed the grabber today.

It seems you may have done something which has removed EPG data for quite a lot of channels. I tried downloading earlier and also just now.

eg C+ Comedia, C+ DCine, Daring! TV, Dorcel TV, Red Hot Sex TV 1-4, Pink TV, XXL.

I'll try again later. Maybe it's some kind of temporary problem.

Lee

Re: Lee's latest grabbing info 23/04/11 #6 leecovuk

• 246 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 April 2011 - 01:15

Hello Willy,

I changed the grabber today.

It seems you may have done something which has removed EPG data for quite a lot of channels. I tried downloading earlier and also just now.

eg C+ Comedia, C+ DCine, Daring! TV, Dorcel TV, Red Hot Sex TV 1-4, Pink TV, XXL.

I'll try again later. Maybe it's some kind of temporary problem.

Lee

Currently most of what I posted is still missing. I assume you have known problems which you are working on.

Lee

Re: Lee's latest grabbing info 23/04/11 #7 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,049 posts

+642
Excellent

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:40

Inspected the XMLTV file and found some junk which prevented the file from loading completely.
Removed the statements which where responsible for the junk and hopefully the new updated will be OK.

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Lee's latest grabbing info 23/04/11 #8 leecovuk

• 246 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 April 2011 - 18:10

Hello Willy,

I had also looked at the Erotic XML file and I was puzzled because the missing data seemed to be in there.

What junk have you removed? I'm interested because I couldn't work it out.

e.g. I tried using an edited sources file pointing to the Erotic file in my own webspace. I had tried removing the whole section from the start of the Erotic file where the channels are listed in channel tags, but that seemed to make no difference.
I couldn't work out what the problem was.

At the time of posting this, your Rytec Erotic download is still showing the problems. However maybe it will kick in after 0500.

Lee

Re: Lee's latest grabbing info 23/04/11 #9 leecovuk

• 246 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 April 2011 - 21:12

Willy,

1)
I think I've worked out that a </rating> tag was causing the problem. It appears in the current file 4 times. Removing them makes the file work normally.
I assume this is the same problem you found, which is presumably a grabbing issue.

2)
A quick look at the EPG suggests your source for Dorcel.ero is now offering a non-24 hour version of the schedule. Can you please let me know if you are now only supplying this version, or can supply both. I can then supply the relevant channel references for Ryan to put in place.

Thanks once again,
Lee

Re: Lee's latest grabbing info 23/04/11 #10 leecovuk

• 246 posts

Neutral

Posted 26 April 2011 - 04:48

and hello again Willy,

I'm posting some further observations now, because you usually seem to visit here in the morning.

I'm using the current download for rytecxmltverotic.gz, which was apparently updated at about 0300 (CET?)

1) Your schedule for PrivaSpice.ero is now running 24 hours too early.

2) Your schedule for Free-X TV now seems completely wrong. Regardless of shifted or non-shifted, I couldn't make any sense of it.
The schedule on inxworld.com is currently correct but programmes are starting 3 hours earlier than their listings. ie if they list a programme to start at 0400 GMT it actually starts at 0100 GMT.
So, FreeX1TVshifted.ero is probably still the correct reference but you seem to be sourcing wrong data.

3) XDream-Frenchlover is currently correct and correctly shifted.

4) ManX.ero is correct but the final programme of each night is being scheduled on your EPG as continuing right through to the first programme the next night.
I don't know if you can do anything about that.
An idea: Are you able to create the following 'programme' and insert it every night at 0400 GMT to 2200 GMT :
"Man-X returns at 2200 GMT"
?

5) (repeated from my previous post)
A quick look at the EPG suggests your source for Dorcel.ero is now offering a non-24 hour version of the schedule. Can you please let me know if you are now only supplying this version, or can supply both. I can then supply the relevant channel references for Ryan to put in place.

Thanks and have a good Tuesday,
Lee

Re: Lee's latest grabbing info 23/04/11 #11 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,049 posts

+642
Excellent

Posted 26 April 2011 - 07:55

1) you told me to stay away from sat-erotik. I changed this therfore to another website, which is indeed 1 day off. I will revert back.

2) Dorcel is the same. I will revert back.

3) will revert back to INXworld

4) That </rating> tag is one of the problems. There are more. I used a grabber for this which I did not write myself, I adapted it slightly but not enough apparently. Think I got it now. (but who thinks for this adult shows credits would be listed - but for shows on Beate Uhse there are credits and ratings)

5) Man-X. The problem is that no end time is given for the shows, so the program assumes that the end of the show is the beginning of the next show. I can try put something in there along the line you suggested, but there is no guaranty it will work.

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Lee's latest grabbing info 23/04/11 #12 leecovuk

• 246 posts

Neutral

Posted 26 April 2011 - 20:00

Hello Willy and thanks as always for your reply.

When we finally get these adult schedules working we can then forget about it for a while ... hopefully! (I know, of course, they are not hugely important)

1)
Yes, sat-erotik.de has proven unreliable, but then of course so are many others. I'll just monitor whatever you use for accuracy. Obviously if there are regular problems finding a reliable schedule for a channel and no other options, you'd probably agree it would be best to stop producing an EPG for it at all. Otherwise you and me will gradually lose the will to live!

2)
The Dorcel schedule seems accurate.
Please keep producing your 'new' Dorcel TV schedule as well as the other one; one will work for non-24 hour channels and one will work for the others. eg maybe make a Dorcel.ero and Dorcel2.ero, or a Dorcel24.ero and a Dorcel_nights.ero
When Ryan re-appears I can give the appropriate channel references. I assume only he does that side of things.

3)
Yes, I would say inxworld is consistently the best option for Free-X and XDream. Even though they need the time shift at the moment. Very poor and ridiculous as it is.

4) Last night's Erotic file loaded okay.

5) Man-X. I know you have very little to work with from that site. It would just be a bonus if you find you can create a daily 'programme' as described.

If I had any idea how to grab from sites and make templates, I could help you with this stuff. Sadly I have yet to learn how you and Ryan do it.

Thanks as always, and I'll check tonight's file.

Lee

PS Everything else on the EPG downloads currently seems more or less okay. On the 4 satellites I can see, anyway. Obviously various reference changes are awaiting, with more to come. As always. Never ending, isn't it?
:)

Re: Lee's latest grabbing info 23/04/11 #13 leecovuk

• 246 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 April 2011 - 05:33

Hello Willy, me again.

Just to say, I've imported and had a look at tonight's new Erotic file, and all the schedules supplied in it currently seem correct on my 4 satellites. (Astra1, Astra2, Hotbird, Hispasat)

So, the current outstanding 'issues' are:

1) If possible, adding that extra Man-X 'programme' each night.

2) Please keep producing both Dorcel schedules, as both will be useful.
Just to be clear; Dorcel.ero is currently linked in rytec.channels.xml to supply channels which need the 24 hour schedule you have now reverted to.

By the way, is English your first language? I write at some length, so do let me know if you'd like me to be clearer or more concise.

Thanks as always on behalf of all users like me,
Lee
UK

Re: Lee's latest grabbing info 23/04/11 #14 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,049 posts

+642
Excellent

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:39

Lee,

English is not my first language. It is dutch.
But I worked for USA and AUS companies, and had quite a lot of dealings with british companies.

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Lee's latest grabbing info 23/04/11 #15 PaphosAL

• 251 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 27 April 2011 - 17:12

Slightly 'Off Topic' (which is nothing unusual for me), but all of the smashing and friendly people from the Netherlands I've ever met in places like Cyprus and Hungary ALL spoke perfect English!

Which is more than can be said for many people born and bred in England...

Cheers, and keep up the brilliant work, fellas! AL Posted Image

Re: Lee's latest grabbing info 23/04/11 #16 leecovuk

• 246 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 April 2011 - 18:11

Lee,

English is not my first language. It is dutch.

In which case, your English is very impressive. I have never had any problems understanding you.

I do write quite well compared to many English people, but I'm aware that the length of my posts might be a challenge for somebody if their first language is not English.
:)

Anyway, hopefully the adult channel schedules will remain correct for a while now. Obviously there will be issues when any sources fail to update their sites, but I will try to research it and wait a little before reporting a problem to you.

By the way, do you have a list which shows how all your grabbing maps to specific websites? (for your whole system, not just adult channels) If you do, feel free to post it or PM it to me, so I know where to look for specific problems.

Many thanks,
Lee
UK

Re: Lee's latest grabbing info 23/04/11 #17 leecovuk

• 246 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:13

oops me again,

1)
Looking at today and the next few days, your Dorcel.ero seems to be scheduling programmes 1 hour too late. eg a programme shown to start on your EPG at 0400 would actually start at 0300. (local receiver times)

2)
Regardless of that, I am also trying to work out if that source is wrong during daytime hours. I may have overlooked this problem earlier.
I am checking the following alternative site for accuracy. If it turns out to be reliable, which it may not, could you grab Dorcel TV from it?

http://upc-cablecom....ogram/week/3769

Thanks,
Lee

Re: Lee's latest grabbing info 23/04/11 #18 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,049 posts

+642
Excellent

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:31

1) sat-erotik has probably corrected its schedule

2) upc-cablecom.tvtv.ch grabbing only with a great deal of effort.

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Lee's latest grabbing info 23/04/11 #19 leecovuk

• 246 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 April 2011 - 18:03

Hello Willy and thanks.

1) If you haven't already, please go ahead and make the 1 hour shift I mentioned earlier for Dorcel.ero.

2) From checking it out today, it seems the 24 hour Dorcel schedule on upc-cablecom.tvtv.ch is wrong. So for now, forget about it anyway.
sat-erotik's seems more or less accurate (when time shifted) and probably remains the only option for a 24 hour schedule. If it regularly becomes inaccurate, I'll let you know.

As I said earlier, please also keep making your 'new' nights-only Dorcel schedule. That will become useful for the nights-only Dorcel channels. As I recall, it was accurate.

Many thanks,
Lee

Re: Lee's latest grabbing info 23/04/11 #20 leecovuk

• 246 posts

Neutral

Posted 29 April 2011 - 05:24

If you haven't already, please go ahead and make the 1 hour shift I mentioned earlier for Dorcel.ero.

Thanks, that seems to be in place and currently gives the expected EPG.

If and when you make two Dorcel sources, one for the 24 hour channels and one for the others, please tell me the source names. I can then offer Ryan the correct references and complete lines for rytec.channels.xml.

Many thanks,
Lee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users